Terraining - Advanced

D

daemon1129

Hmmm, yeah the shift button thing doesnt work with me either, and I cant seem to find the UI folder in my warcraft folder?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Hmmm, yeah the shift button thing doesnt work with me either, and I cant seem to find the UI folder in my warcraft folder?

UI Folder must be created. Else it's inside war3.mpq/war3x.mpq (don't modify these mpqs else warcraft 3 will think it's an illegal version of wc3).

D

daemon1129

wait,so i make my own UI folder? or extract the one in mpq and paste it into my directory with the txt file? cuz i dont understand why my Wc3 is working without the folder?

NhazUl

Reaction score
*Bump* Ahem, about the straight cliffs... do the stuff with the UI\MiscData.txt and then what?

M

Mr.Banankaka

Damn.. That´s really nice! This will help me in future singleplayer projects :p

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Certainly the best terraining tutorial that I've seen for Warcraft 3. Fantastic work. A+.

newguyT

Reaction score
help

Hi umm can u help me please? i know this sounds noob but i cant find my UI folder in my wcIII folder! :eek: help me pls! :banghead:

DrStyles

Reaction score
Best

Thanks that is best terraining tutorial I've seen. Which really doesn't say to much, cause the others are garbage =/ +40

Dropkicks

Reaction score
after you import UI\MisData to your map, what do I do to make cliffs??
the raise/lower terrain is still the same.

Saeyne

Reaction score
Z-Scale

Hi, thank you for the great guide! I am just getting into the whole world editor scene and this is quite the find! The river idea is cool, but there is one part that i can not seem to figure out. "The channel will be filled with waterfalls. Be sure to decrease the Z-Scale of the waterfalls to something between 20-50, so they're flatter". I can't find out how to change the Z-Scale. I am guessing it's just one of those simple things that I am overlooking :( I have checked in the object editor and everywhere else i can think of. Could you please elaborate on where i can change the Z-Scale of the waterfall? Sorry if this is extremely basic and thank you for your time :)

-Saeyne

bumbaclo

Reaction score
A question and an answer to the above poster:

The Z scale is found after placing the doodad and double-clicking on it. You can adjust the X, Y, and Z scales.

I also noticed something when creating cliffs in this method, and I was wondering if anyone else noticed it too. When using plateau to create cliff fronts, it has a good diagonal transition for the edges. However, when doing the backs of cliffs, it has a weird 90 degree transition, and therefore looks like a zigzag edge rather than a smooth diagonal edge. Does anyone else notice this and/or have a solution to this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.