The Area

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
A few months ago me and Ghan_04 opened a forum. The forum failed, neither one of us payed much attention to it, members didn't come and content wasn't added.

Now The Area took the next step.

We got vBulletin, independent domain and intention to make it work this time. Ghan_04, Orc_Tamer and myself worked hard the last two weeks and now we can finally open The Area again. You can visit us at http://www.thearea.org/forums.

For more information about what we wish to achieve and what is planned please view this thread. We hope you will become part of our new community and see you at The Area! :)

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
so the area can be what ever?

you need a bugs and features section imo
and how did ghan make that text move? 0_o

Rheias

Reaction score
> you need a bugs and features section imo

Actually we have one, that would be "The Site" forum. :)

> Good luck with the site guys

Thanks a lot! The real work just started, I'm going crazy finding content to post so people and search engines would have reason to visit. We also plan on affiliating with a few forums soon, probably new and small ones, like us.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Look at Heros new helper site, Goth's High, and Element TD as possible affiliates.

rodead

Reaction score
Good Luck with your forum and i hope you want to afiliate with me i send a PM about it ;)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot about Topaz Games - you should affiliate with them as well.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Why does everyone us vBulletin? Is it really the best or is it just really renown?

they just have a lot of money to spend.

I've been to The Area already. It is cool.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Lol, I invaded TheArea with Anime :p
Its just my "Happy Getting a cool forum thingy" Gift XD
Yet your updates maybe alittle later then everyone elses because I am already posting like updates for like 4 other forums :eek:

Rheias

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone who signed in! I talked with three people already about affiliating they all agreed. :) I'll get a few more affiliates once more content is added.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
No offence or anything, but I just checked out the forum, and so far it seems to just be an extension of TH's Entertainment and Discussion sections o_O
Hell, many of the members are from here as well.
That, and it doesn't seem to have a primary purpose other than discussion of the various forums mentioned above.
But I'm well aware you said you were looking for content to give people reason to visit :)

Rheias

Reaction score
Like most good forums TH.net covers most of the topics there are to cover. You can discuss everything here and almost everything there is to discuss was discussed already. What differs one forum from another is:

A) Their focus. TH.net is focused on techincal support and programming, The Area is focused more on entertainment, art, debates, news and general discussion. We are actually we are closer to GH than to TH when it comes to focus.

B) We plan to work quite differently than how TH.net works. As said in the thread I linked members are the key point really. Obviously in TH.net it is a similiar situation but we are going for the extreme. Members > staff, always. Of course, if a conflict would arise the staff would be the final group to decide, however, with our 'policy' a conflict should never arise. This excludes personal conflicts.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Like most good forums TH.net covers most of the topics there are to cover. You can discuss everything here and almost everything there is to discuss was discussed already. What differs one forum from another is:

A) Their focus. TH.net is focused on techincal support and programming, The Area is focused more on entertainment, art, debates, news and general discussion. We are actually we are closer to GH than to TH when it comes to focus.

B) We plan to work quite differently than how TH.net works. As said in the thread I linked members are the key point really. Obviously in TH.net it is a similiar situation but we are going for the extreme. Members > staff, always. Of course, if a conflict would arise the staff would be the final group to decide, however, with our 'policy' a conflict should never arise. This excludes personal conflicts.

Yeah when I got onto the forum it looked more like Goths High then Thehelper

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm hopeful that we may get some activity.

We've been visited by both Yahoo! Slurp Spiders and Google Spiders. Most we've ever had yet is about 6 on at once. Anyone know if that's doing good, or about normal, or not good enough?

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Submit your site to dmoz.org. Having a link in your sig here will be the biggest boost though. Don't forget to put the mighty posting power of you two guys together to fill that place up with content. Search engines love posts for content. You guys should be posting a least 10 to 15 new news posts a day on your forum.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
Submit your site to dmoz.org. Having a link in your sig here will be the biggest boost though. Don't forget to put the mighty posting power of you two guys together to fill that place up with content. Search engines love posts for content. You guys should be posting a least 10 to 15 new news posts a day on your forum.

so thats why you post so much.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Content is King! I hope you like the content because that is what I post. Content. Except this post - it is just electrons :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.