Arena The Forsaken

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
How long did you want it? I'll probably just leave this to FrozenShadow (too lazy :)).

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Here, i have a preview of the map:

Top: Duel Pyramid
Middle: Fighting area
Left: Light forces
Right: Dark Forces

uberterrainol5.jpg

No, no, i couldnt resist to the temptation, i had to add doodads in the middle BUT ONLY in the middle.

Also, what do you want me to add?

PS2: very good story vine, i like it, gj!

And PS; i made it 128 X 96 so it looks more rectangle then square, it is more ''duel'' when it is rectangle.

Also, i made it so they teleport outside of their base, that way, it is easier to avoid ennemies getting in the base.

And i will place region to tell you where the shops and everything will be, regions that you will be able to remove once you finished the shop, these will only be an indicator.

So, comments on it, is it what you wanted?

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Still need a triggerer?
I can do GUI and JASS.
But, i'll only help if this starts to be going somewhere.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Here, i have a preview of the map:

Top: Duel Pyramid
Middle: Fighting area
Left: Light forces
Right: Dark Forces

uberterrainol5.jpg

No, no, i couldnt resist to the temptation, i had to add doodads in the middle BUT ONLY in the middle.

Also, what do you want me to add?

PS2: very good story vine, i like it, gj!

And PS; i made it 128 X 96 so it looks more rectangle then square, it is more ''duel'' when it is rectangle.

Also, i made it so they teleport outside of their base, that way, it is easier to avoid ennemies getting in the base.

And i will place region to tell you where the shops and everything will be, regions that you will be able to remove once you finished the shop, these will only be an indicator.

So, comments on it, is it what you wanted?

Haha not sure about the purple other than that it looks pretty sweet :p You don't have to redo the whole map as a different colour if you don't want to though lol. Anyway, I don't mind you putting doodas in but make sure they aren't too cluttered. Also, PM me the map when you're done.

Still need a triggerer?
I can do GUI and JASS.
But, i'll only help if this starts to be going somewhere.

Hmm, I'll put you down as a maybe then, shall I?

Oh and guys, we need a name! :p

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Purple is only because of the top view of the map, it is dalaran main cliff set, i cannot change it BUT once in game (not top view), you are at 45 degrees and you only see the white cliff. Do not worry, it wont look like a ''faggot purple map''.

Also, i wanted to know if i had to add something like lother places, where to fight creeps, other areas??

Please answer me with all what you want.

Thanks!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Is that all grass? :) That's a lot of grass. :D
Well, I suppose terrainers can't go full-max power (lol) with arenas since it has to be symmetrical and stuff with specific spots, but it looks good anyway. Thanks for the compliment Don. :) PURPLE IS NOT FOR FAGGOTS.

Good luck! :thup:

P.S. Doesn't mean I like purple. .. ...

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Is that all grass? :) That's a lot of grass. :D
Well, I suppose terrainers can't go full-max power (lol) with arenas since it has to be symmetrical and stuff with specific spots, but it looks good anyway. Thanks for the compliment Don. :) PURPLE IS NOT FOR FAGGOTS.

Good luck! :thup:

P.S. Doesn't mean I like purple. .. ...

Yeah, it is like impossible to go ''max-power, like ya say'' when with arena, that's why i like to implement doodads and mountains, i'm going to do somethin like it at some spot, i'll try ma best so it looks good, i cant say it'll be as beautifull as some maps i did but still!

Also, uber, you didnt answer to my question yet, when is tha answer coming?

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I have an idea! You should make the skills deal the amount of damage, or heal, or whatever based on the heroes attributes. Such as a spell (random name) such as Frost Touch could deal damage equal to 3.5 times the casting heroes intelligence.

This idea probably won't work and if it does it will only on one condition, no tomes
most arena maps have tomes and while they arn't exactly popular to buy(people seem to like their items nowadays) buying those and using the spell would be chaotic, imagine the team pooling their gold to someone to get tons and tons of tomes than have a spell that does insane damage

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Purple is only because of the top view of the map, it is dalaran main cliff set, i cannot change it BUT once in game (not top view), you are at 45 degrees and you only see the white cliff. Do not worry, it wont look like a ''faggot purple map''.

Also, i wanted to know if i had to add something like lother places, where to fight creeps, other areas??

Please answer me with all what you want.

Thanks!

Hmm. What else is needed in the terrain? Well, we need just a small arena in any part of the map where the Arena Lord will go. I'll set up all the creeps etc.. Also, try to make the terrain a bit more than just green grass and paths make more of a forresty look, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, it is like impossible to go ''max-power, like ya say'' when with arena, that's why i like to implement doodads and mountains, i'm going to do somethin like it at some spot, i'll try ma best so it looks good, i cant say it'll be as beautifull as some maps i did but still!

Also, uber, you didnt answer to my question yet, when is tha answer coming?

School and work mate, school and work. Btw, I wouldn't mind you adding in mountains but make sure they aren't in the middle of the arena morely on the outskirts of the map.

This idea probably won't work and if it does it will only on one condition, no tomes
most arena maps have tomes and while they arn't exactly popular to buy(people seem to like their items nowadays) buying those and using the spell would be chaotic, imagine the team pooling their gold to someone to get tons and tons of tomes than have a spell that does insane damage

If I do decide to impliment his idea, I'll find a way around people abusing what you have stated. Something like, disabling resource sharing, limiting amount of tomes heroes can use. As I see it at the momnet, the WHOLE map won't be like this. What I have currently drawn out is taht each hero will have atleast one active ability that will have its damage/effect/heal determined on a single stat. For example a hero has Healing Wave. It would be Heals 200+Inteligence. By doing this, it ensures that the hero system stays balanced throught out the game.

Also, I've thought of a name :p

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Oki, i,m gonna give it some ''Don's touch'' and add a few things.

Also, the name is nice, not the best but very nice :thup:

Oh and for the map, i simply request reputation and credits, that's all, thanks :p

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post but the edit functiun kind of didnt work, i had to post this so you know what i did, take a look at the terrain, you like it: i PM you the product, there is something missing: i add it and PM you the product, you want me to restart it from the beggining: get another terrainer. Kay, you understand well enoguht, hee is the map:

Added:
- Mountains (every corners and some points on the map)
- Lord of the arena's place (bottom)
- Lots of doodad (everywhere)
- Some building (middle, top left)
- modified the duel pyramid and the 2 bases so it looks cooler (you can't see the difference from top view, sorry :()

New:
uberterrainur3.jpg

Was:
uberterrainol5.jpg

so, impressions, comments, things to add, things to remove?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Yay! You used Blizzard cliffs! :) Those descructible rocks are over-used in the map. :D Use a variaty of rocks - Ashenvale with Felwood and Village are nice. Same with the trees - mix it up.

Maybe in the center mountain areas, you could use Raise Height mountains instead to jazz it up. But it looks better now. :thup:

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

NO TOMES! Tomes ruin the game and make it un...skillable. It should depend on the hero itself and your skills, instead of just massing tomes and passive abilities so you get imba hp, armor, and AS.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
That's what i thought...

Gonna edit it and get in there a better version, see ya :)

not really!

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Oki, i,m gonna give it some ''Don's touch'' and add a few things.

Also, the name is nice, not the best but very nice :thup:

Oh and for the map, i simply request reputation and credits, that's all, thanks :p

Oh don't worry, you'll get rep and credits :p

Sorry for the double post but the edit functiun kind of didnt work, i had to post this so you know what i did, take a look at the terrain, you like it: i PM you the product, there is something missing: i add it and PM you the product, you want me to restart it from the beggining: get another terrainer. Kay, you understand well enoguht, hee is the map:

Added:
- Mountains (every corners and some points on the map)
- Lord of the arena's place (bottom)
- Lots of doodad (everywhere)
- Some building (middle, top left)
- modified the duel pyramid and the 2 bases so it looks cooler (you can't see the difference from top view, sorry :()

New:
uberterrainur3.jpg

Was:
uberterrainol5.jpg

so, impressions, comments, things to add, things to remove?

Looks bloody brilliant. Far better than what I can do, I can tell you that. Also, places of improvment:

-Make entrances at the top and bottom of the arena section so you don't have to walk around and around to get to one of the entrances.

-The Circle of Power exit on the right looks a little off centre.

-Also, forgot to tell you this, we need 2 Hero Tavern platforms. One in the top right corner and one in the bottom left corner. Or, a big enough one to fit both taverns on. (Best to make this in the top left corner) (I'd also go for this way, but you can pick).

Other than these things, I think we will be good to go! PM me the map when you're finished.

PS: I like the name you mad the map :p

Yay! You used Blizzard cliffs! :) Those descructible rocks are over-used in the map. :D Use a variaty of rocks - Ashenvale with Felwood and Village are nice. Same with the trees - mix it up.

Maybe in the center mountain areas, you could use Raise Height mountains instead to jazz it up. But it looks better now. :thup:

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

NO TOMES! Tomes ruin the game and make it un...skillable. It should depend on the hero itself and your skills, instead of just massing tomes and passive abilities so you get imba hp, armor, and AS.

I'm still thinking wether or not to add them in, if I do, they will be restricted in some way as I stated above.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can only bump every 24 hours.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.