thread about everything FOOTMEN FRENZY

G

g1real

I had a PoM combo with a black paladin knight, or however you call them, starfall worked great, until they had their imba no-cooldown wizard with teleport and blizzard ^_^

In the end he ended up saving on his mass units and we had dark dryads/knights, he raped us with like... 250 dark dryads.

a good game.

I would've been smarter to use altar of gods in the mid of his base with invul on.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Andrewgosus random tip of the day:

Tip #503: Pit lord with maxed out cleaving attack, +100 claws (Or 2 pairs, in extreme cases) and with Mask of Death == GG.​

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score

Tip #503: Pit lord with maxed out cleaving attack, +100 claws (Or 2 pairs, in extreme cases) and with Mask of Death == GG.​
Well thats kind of obvious.

Mahucharns tip: If you tech early, get a hero later and then just wait for him to level to level 20 (buying him stuff of cource) and then use mirror image, blood lust, and ownage.

M

maryjohn

ur tip is pretty good andrew but i wasn't that good with it(agaist one tier four and one tier three on the same team) until i got bloodlust from jahood, then i could've cleaned out their whole base...........

WHAT WOULD DO??(if....................)

u had 12,000 gold and tier 0, and one level random 11 hero and their are no cooldowns left on items. u have nothing but what i just said. the enemy is coming at you with 50 tier 4 guys and one random level 18 hero (5.4)

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Numbers matter not, if you have Illidan use immolate and metamorphosis and you kill all that come at you, when your a pally you get an infernal cloak, a mask of death, a few claws, then you win.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
I still think that massing towers in 4.2 was almost unbeatable unless they had a tauren shockwave kind of effect that hit buildinds and units. Putting 6-7 siege towers in front of your base with a wall of tauren fodder was only killed by nightelf, jaood, or tauren chieftain. Hench why the towers don't really exist in 5.1+ :/

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I still think that massing towers in 4.2 was almost unbeatable unless they had a tauren shockwave kind of effect that hit buildinds and units. Putting 6-7 siege towers in front of your base with a wall of tauren fodder was only killed by nightelf, jaood, or tauren chieftain. Hench why the towers don't really exist in 5.1+ :/
that is true, towers were over powered in 4.2.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Mahucharns tip: If you tech early, get a hero later and then just wait for him to level to level 20 (buying him stuff of cource) and then use mirror image, blood lust, and ownage.

Nobody likes early techers.:p

Hench why the towers don't really exist in 5.1+ :/

5.3 has towers, the fake versions don't. (The version, where the barrack don't heal you, you have to buy free target-able potions. That sucks)

that is true, towers were over powered in 4.2.

No, they are not. A Beast Master, Hato Up or a hero with a damaging channeling spell can wipe out a base pretty quickly.

Tip #763: Evaluate the situation. If you see lots of heroes, who have strong damaging spells in late game (e.g Lich with it's Frost Nova, Naga with it's Forked lightning or Arch Mage with its blizzard), spend money on items. Get yourself a cannon for destroying footies and buy immolation and Crown of Kings items.​

risen_jihad

Reaction score
Tower's were spell resistant to spells such as flame strike and blizzard. They deal less damage to buildings. HOwever spells like shockwave dealt near full damage to buildings. At least in 4.2.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I'm very confused, there are so many differnt versions that say "ffotie Frenzie" on it. Ok, two. Still, its annoying

Theres Hato UP version (who just changed the name) It has stupid new heros.

Then theres the other version with a super imba hero with Tanq, Holy light, Death coil, and healing Wave

L

LilSniper

I used to play footies about 20 times a week a while back. Now, I would never be caught playing it. The last good version was 3.8 (as I think another person mentioned).

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I agree that 3.8 was a great version, but whats wrong with 4.2? Nothings overpowered the hero's are balanced.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
The best version is still 4.2 AR.

The problem with version 3.8 and below, was that Night Elf tier +2 (or was it +3) had spell immunity, which made it totally unbalanced.

L

LilSniper

Oh wait, nevermind. You're right, version 4.2 was the best version...I got confused. :rolleyes:

risen_jihad

Reaction score
3.8 had tier 3 night elves magic immune, also jaood had critical strike, blood lust, wind walk, and avatar. He was by far one of the most imba heroes ever. They nerfed him by giving him drunken haze as opposed to critical strike, adn both are good. Even in 4.2 tauren have 200 dmg pulverize, which is insane agasint anyone that does not hit at least t3

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I wish the creators would replace their current 'all random' option with a real random permutation code. That would remove the possibility of having 2 exact heroes in the same game.

Well, maybe that is not too bad, but when every 2nd or 3rd game I join has more than 2 of the same heroes, makes the variety and game play one sided.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
The best version is still 4.2 AR.

The problem with version 3.8 and below, was that Night Elf tier +2 (or was it +3) had spell immunity, which made it totally unbalanced.
In 3.8 tier 3 the dryads had spell immunity. Theres one problem with 4.2, night elves and humans have low stats compaired to humans and orcs. If there is a balanced version with higher night elf and human stats please attach it.

I

Inotreb

Footies 5.3 Rocks!!!

Footies 5.3 in my opinion is by far the most balanced and best version of Footmen Frenzy and here's why:

1. No dominate overpowered hero like Archmage, Pot whoring chieften or fox, etc... from 4.2 or Shadow Hunter in 4.1. What fun is it to random a paladin and to face two randomed AM? You can't do anything to stop the AM with a paladin.

2. Creeps are more important in 5.3 which adds a new wrinkle to the game. At team that uses creeps in a 5.3 will almost always beat a team that doesn't use them at all.

3. No imba scepter of shockwave. In 4.2 you can easily have the game won in the first 5 minutes by placing a good shockwave across a line of enemy foots. The gold gained = game over in most cases.

4. "Only Pros random" is all hype and a moronic way to play a game of strategy like FF. Earlier in this thread there was talk about good hero combos thats what the game is about trying to pick a good combo of heros to win the game. I recommend using strategy and let your allies get their heros first then pick a hero to compliment them it makes the game alot more fun than randoming a sheep and dieing to the 3 bladeys and 2 Jaoods running around windwalking.

5. SALVES!!! The GREATEST eddition to the new 5.x versions. No more waiting at your base to heal or buying a potion to heal in the middle. Now you can pull back a bit from the action pop a salve and continue to reap the exp of your men fighting in front of you. This is a HUGE asset to the game and I don't understand why some people hate salves.

6. NO EARLY TECH!! There is no early teching in version 5.3 which is also huge. This makes the games much more even and with the tech delays you can't get the ultimate game breaker of a 3 pool to tier 3 at the beginning of a game like you can get in 4.2

7. With the new creeps there are plenty of counter skills with them know at a cheap price. You playing a Dark Ranger? Buy a priest for 200 gold and easily make that money back dispelling her ghouls. Got a Jaood harrassing you? DIspell his bloodlust, then curse him and he becomes insignificant, plus you can dispel his spirits of vengence for 50 gold a piece and really rack up the cash all with a 200gold unit.

There are more reasons why I like 5.3 the best but I gotta get back to work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.