thread about everything FOOTMEN FRENZY

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
>2. Creeps are more important in 5.3 which adds a new wrinkle to the game. At team that uses creeps in a 5.3 will almost always beat a team that doesn't use them at all.

Isn't that 'imba' against non-techers?...:p ( Against players, who concentrate on buying items )

>5. SALVES!!! The GREATEST eddition to the new 5.x versions. No more waiting at your base to heal or buying a potion to heal in the middle. Now you can pull back a bit from the action pop a salve and continue to reap the exp of your men fighting in front of you. This is a HUGE asset to the game and I don't understand why some people hate salves.

Salves are the most idiotic thing, what happened in the history of Footman Frenzy. We have 6 inventory spaces, what if I already have 5 of them filled... Do I have to run between my base every time I get attacked and lose a remarkable quantity of life? ( just to buy a single potion )

Usually, in the battle, you do not have time to click and target yourself to heal. You have 3 options: kill somebody, get yourself killed or retreat to your base.

IMO, thank you.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I just played a game of 5.3.
I had my item slots full.
I couldn't risk dropping items to pick up a potion because my stupid ally had a habit of stealing my items.
And everytime I attempted to get back to the shop which sold them, my ally's units blocked my path (it wasn't deliberate) and the death knight coiled me, almost always causing my death.

That is why salves are crap.

But they are good in that you don't have to continually retreat from battle... in early game they are a lifesaver.

V

VG Emblem

Ever try Ultimate Footmen? I may be a bit biased since it's my map but I STRONGLY feel it is superior in every single way. The current version is rather dated and has some major problems but a new version is soon to release and it's by no means unplayable either way.[/shameless plug]
As a slight update to this, I've recently released v1.00c Final. Go try it: http://UltimateLegends.com.[/more shameless plug]

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
dont be jaood he sucks. be dinodin or paladin then you can get invincible in a very long time! :p

I

Inotreb

>2. Creeps are more important in 5.3 which adds a new wrinkle to the game. At team that uses creeps in a 5.3 will almost always beat a team that doesn't use them at all.

Isn't that 'imba' against non-techers?...:p ( Against players, who concentrate on buying items ) .

No not really because you can still buy creeps if your only buying items. Actually you'l probably want to get a shaman for bloodlust to make your item whored hero even better, or even a priest for inner fire.

Salves are the most idiotic thing, what happened in the history of Footman Frenzy. We have 6 inventory spaces, what if I already have 5 of them filled... Do I have to run between my base every time I get attacked and lose a remarkable quantity of life? ( just to buy a single potion )

Usually, in the battle, you do not have time to click and target yourself to heal. You have 3 options: kill somebody, get yourself killed or retreat to your base.

IMO, thank you.

Honestly this makes no sense to me. What is the difference between running back to your base to heal or running back to your base to get a salve to heal? Sure there's an extra step of getting the salve and using it but once you use it you can get back to the action right away instead of sitting and waiting in your base forever to heal. What it sounds like your talking about is potions which have remained the same so I really don't know what your point is against salves? Either way your going to "run between my base every time I get attacked and lose a remarkable quantity of life?" whether your healing at your base or getting a salve to heal.

There is a fourth option always have a TP on you so you can use it in a pinch. I love when people don't buy a second, third, fourth TP because it makes those hero kills so easy.

I

Inotreb

I just played a game of 5.3.
I had my item slots full.
I couldn't risk dropping items to pick up a potion because my stupid ally had a habit of stealing my items.
And everytime I attempted to get back to the shop which sold them, my ally's units blocked my path (it wasn't deliberate) and the death knight coiled me, almost always causing my death.

That is why salves are crap.

But they are good in that you don't have to continually retreat from battle... in early game they are a lifesaver.

Yes the best part of salves are early game. Late game its best to just get a health stone or potion because you should have excess cash at that point.

With regard to the first part of your response your ally just sucked if he's blocking the back area of your base off. He probably never teched and had a horde of foots in your base just waiting to feed another team. Ask him to move his guys or kill them yourself to keep the way clear.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
The difference between salves and base healing aura is one big difference: healing aura is constant. Salves can be disrupted. Sure you can use it in combat, but if your oponent is smart enough to hit you with an attack or spell, then it disrupts the slaves and you're no better off. If a hero killer has charged into your base chasing you, a salve will do nothing for you. While a base healing will at least let you pray to jebus hoping that the heal will keep you alive long enough.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
No not really because you can still buy creeps if your only buying items. Actually you'l probably want to get a shaman for bloodlust to make your item whored hero even better, or even a priest for inner fire.

The buy-able creeps are good, their abilities are, but they still make a good target for other heroes... A few Death Coils or Storm bolts...

Honestly this makes no sense to me. What is the difference between running back to your base to heal or running back to your base to get a salve to heal? Sure there's an extra step of getting the salve and using it but once you use it you can get back to the action right away instead of sitting and waiting in your base forever to heal. What it sounds like your talking about is potions which have remained the same so I really don't know what your point is against salves? Either way your going to "run between my base every time I get attacked and lose a remarkable quantity of life?" whether your healing at your base or getting a salve to heal.

I mean, it is very annoying to buy a potion, use it on yourself, buy another potion and use it again to heal you instead of healing in the base. The only good thing I see about the potion is that an allie can heal you. ( Altough, that has not happened to me, when I have entered a random game without my footies' partner )

Also, the base offered a shelter from attacks, if a whole team is concentrated on killing you. What if you have 6 potions, but you are under constant attack and can't reach the shop or even better, the shop is out of salves...Sooner or later, you will run out of those 6 salves, get killed and eventually lose the game. ( Well, I play to have fun, but I still like to win and see how bad losers people really are, saying: "Imba heroes!!111", "Damn techer, learn to play". )

There is a fourth option always have a TP on you so you can use it in a pinch. I love when people don't buy a second, third, fourth TP because it makes those hero kills so easy.

I only buy another TP scroll, if I see, that it will earn me more money, than I lose buying it. Like doing some carnage in one's base, killing troops worth of 500 coins and then escaping without getting killed.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
With regard to the first part of your response your ally just sucked if he's blocking the back area of your base off. He probably never teched and had a horde of foots in your base just waiting to feed another team. Ask him to move his guys or kill them yourself to keep the way clear.

He had teched to tier 2 undead.
He just didn't notice.

I normally put some money into teching my army.
It almost always works for gaining gold up until mid-game, when the power of the heroes is what counts. So i'll stick some gold on some items, and use my hero, then continue to tech.
I normally invade the enemy base (Late game usually) and wipe 'em out if they are unteched, even if their hero is stronger than god.

But normally people leave before you get the chance to kill 'em, which is annoying...

I

Inotreb

The difference between salves and base healing aura is one big difference: healing aura is constant. Salves can be disrupted. Sure you can use it in combat, but if your oponent is smart enough to hit you with an attack or spell, then it disrupts the slaves and you're no better off. If a hero killer has charged into your base chasing you, a salve will do nothing for you. While a base healing will at least let you pray to jebus hoping that the heal will keep you alive long enough.

I hardly ever have a problem like that because I'll stand far enough back until I have a good amount of health. Plus I almost always tech even when I whore items with my hero so I'll have a good line of troops in front of me at all times for protection. Plus a TP is excellent in a pinch. I'd rather TP out then try to run to my base because by TP you break their targetting of you. If your running they will continue to target you and your easier to chase. Like I said though I hardly get in that situation since my units will be surrounding them before they have a chance to reach me.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
All I have to say - every person has his/her own playing style. But teamwork counts.

If I get a money maker hero, I basically always tech to tier 4 and +10 upg. and if the game still goes on, I buy items or a second hero just for the kicks.

If I get a hero killer, I send all my money to my footies' partner and help him to tech.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Last footies game I played was awesome. It was 2v2v2v2. My ally picked MK, and I mipcked Pali. He got a wagon, and no one could kill us. No one ever seemed to care about my pali, and they all decided to go tech UD for some odd reson.

Anyways, We saited in the game till we had enough money to get penguins, and then finished it.

It was fun, and it required ALOt of teamwork.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Last footies game I played was awesome. It was 2v2v2v2. My ally picked MK, and I mipcked Pali. He got a wagon, and no one could kill us. No one ever seemed to care about my pali, and they all decided to go tech UD for some odd reson.

Anyways, We saited in the game till we had enough money to get penguins, and then finished it.

It was fun, and it required ALOt of teamwork.
teamwork is key to winning.

M

maryjohn

what are the penguins stats? damage?

i played a game in which we had the jahood(me), an avalanche, and some other hero......(cant member) anyways, none would send in the beggining but heros came in the middle..... i would shadowmeld my hero or widwalk then i would go to the middle or i was already there. the avalanche would hit a hero and then it was up to me... But he was very masterful and i got none of the gold lol by the time the actual fighting with footies started he had 1000 GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the art of using an avalanche can make you win the game even if you dont have good allies. get scrolls of speed, watch when heros with low health retreat and the blink and/or use scroll and kill it. wouldn't it e cool if you got enough money to get a full inventory of claws plus 100??!?!!?! that would put you in the range of 1000 damage and could kill just aout any un-buffed hero in 1 hit. but it would take like 5 hours for all the cooldowns. I had one problem.........

i had a jahood with mask of death and claws plus 100, i would be awsome but whenever i tried to attack i would get hexed by the troll hero and then get swamped by the uffed up I_C_E and killed. WHAT COULD DO?!?!?!!?!? version 5.3:banghead: :confused:

ultimate footmen(not newest verrsion) is not superior in that many ways. their is usually ne dominant team that is 5 levels ahead of you and can summon some badass creap that deals 100 damage while you still summon the 2 wolves that do 21-24 or somthing. u flat out CANT come back from that..... case closed

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
The Penguins have 6000 health points, attack 1 deals 73-80 hero type damage, attack 2 deals 51-58 piercing type damage. Has 5 armor.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
The Penguins have 6000 health points, attack 1 deals 73-80 hero type damage, attack 2 deals 51-58 piercing type damage. Has 5 armor.
Wow!

Hey if you random on ultimate footies don't you pretty much win?

M

maryjohn

and the secret hero is some bada** rigged berserker dude who you win with if you get him. i mean come on, 100 damage at level one, that's more than some level 10 heros....... so the dude with the question was kinda right........ only if you get him though lol
VG, since you helped make the game can you tell me a good strategy for ultmate footies?

how much does the freak golem that cost like 14000 in 5.4 do in damage? what r his stats? i'm not talking about the granite golem that cost 3 and a half grand

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Hey Vg is there any new version of ultimate footies coming out by you?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Had a Footies game this morning, the first one in a long period of time. Won it, of course. 5.4b, I AR'ed, got a FOX.

thismorning.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.