thread about everything FOOTMEN FRENZY

B

bored...

i havent played fotties in forever but my fried told me if u get naga seawitch and mana shield, and stand in mid you will be alive for a long time:eek:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
It is very unlikely your whole team will gather enough money in the beginning to buy a granite golem. :p

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Unless one of your guys feels like donating all they're money to your pool,. so you'd have 1 hero one granite golum. And no tech... might work with a pali though...

M

maryjohn

what you do is u get an arranged team with ur friends. people will almost never to be generous enough to donate all of their money at the beggining. I think the granite golem ha resistant skin....penguins have 10000 hp....

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
And they are not worth the money, also. I have bought them only 1 time, just the fun of it. It is better to buy the altar.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
what you do is u get an arranged team with ur friends. people will almost never to be generous enough to donate all of their money at the beggining. I think the granite golem ha resistant skin....penguins have 10000 hp....

Granite is a permanent summon, a purchasable creep. Penguins are temporary.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Okay, the replay below is why Jaood kicks ass. Bear in mind that I normally go random, I just wanted to mess someone's day up 'cos I'm lonely.

Also, penguins are useless. I got 'em once and they managed to kill about 8 knights out of about 30.
The Altar is good if you can use it properly.

EDIT: Replay removed to make room for another one.

M

maryjohn

10 penguins vs 3 granite golems

i think that it's what seems logical at the time;

peguins pros:
move extremely fast,(faster then gg)
have 10000 hp, (more then the 6000 gg)
attack pretty fast(once again faster then the gg)
their are 12( 12!!!!!! etremely useful in a time of need)

peguin cons:
last only 180 seconds,(that's what sucks)
are expensive,(but not as expensive as 3 granite golems but still.............)
dont have any usefull spells(it doesn't really make a difference though)

granite golem pros:
are permanent(a very good reason to pick them over the penguins)
have good spells(immoltion and war stomp could be the ULTIMATE moneymaker)
have a better attack damage then the penguins(not so significcant though)

granie golem cons:
can be useless if you get them to late in the game(it's happened all to much)
move slowerrrr(sssssssssslllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwww)
have less hp(already mentioned)
attack slower(not fast at all

CONCLUSION: personally I dont think that the penguins are some gimmick, i one cleared out an entire army of knights out (about 50 of tthem) using just penguins). its hard to destroy a teir 3 town with 3 granite golems. I wouldn't even have t micro-manage if i just used penguins. Everybody has their own theory on this but if you are being bombarded with 50 teir 4 soldeirs u're going to have to make some decision of what to do. if you dont have all that much money u could buy a granite golem or penguins using desperate measures like asking allies to pool you and selling items fast. me, i'd go with the penguins

PENGUINS RULE:p :D :)

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
penguins cost much money, just buy 2 claws of ultimate devistation.

risen_jihad

Reaction score
penguins cost much money, just buy 2 claws of ultimate devistation.

Because an archmage needs 2 claws of devastation >_>...
Not every hero can use claws to an advantage, but 90% of times penguins will either destroy armies, or stall until you can mount an offense.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
By the time you have penguins, you really, instead, should have won the game by then.:p

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I agree. Penguins are funny, but not super uber. I don't play footies anymore. At least I won't for a while, I really don't like what they're doing to it.

M

maryjohn

i lay on my twin bed and wonder where my brotha is

you must be kidding. penguins are an awesome force. they do give you more than enough time to develop a significant force. Do you factor in that the teams might be...EVEN??!?!?!?!ii!! what if you had 3 3player teams still going and each had a combo of abombs,tauren,knights,and druids? penguins could take that down. if you sent 3 puny granite golems in they would get BAPED.
Or what if you have saved up some money and then the enemy attacks. you still have troops but they are getting pwned by the second.the solution is penguins to ultimately turn the tide against your enemy.

A

Atreides

You should only buy penguins if you have 12000 and are dying. If you aren't, save for the altar. Its much more useful if you plan it a little and make sure to scout all your enemies bases for max death.

M

maryjohn

I'm pretty sure that penguins cost 10000.I agree that you shouldn't waste them just to see them and you'll only get 1 of them for the game even though you'll probably only need 1.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
The point is that they cost more than they're worth. 10,000 would tech someone from tier 1-4, I think (1000+2000+3000+4000=10000) Don't remember if pricing right, but anyways. I would rather save for alter (like many people) or just get some claws of devistation and cause havoc with my hero.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
The point is that they cost more than they're worth. 10,000 would tech someone from tier 1-4, I think (1000+2000+3000+4000=10000) Don't remember if pricing right, but anyways. I would rather save for alter (like many people) or just get some claws of devistation and cause havoc with my hero.
Claws of Ultimate Devistation(x2) + Infernal Cloak + Frost Orb + Mask of Death + Max Level Jahood (random him nooblets!) = Unfair ownage

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
You don't even need a cloak of flames for Jaood if you can play him well :)

But yesterday I suffered a very embarassing defeat. It started out 3v3v3v1 on 4.2 all random.
Team 3 eventually left after about 10 mins.
My team - team 1 - were walking all over everyone.
Team 4 eventually started dropping out and after 35 mins, they were gone.
Just team 2 left... one guy, on his own.

And because we had completely forgotten him, we hadn't notice him level his Dreadlord to the max. And get his taurens upto 12 armor and 10 attack damage upgrade levels, not to mention berserker upgrade.
And so even though we had 2 sets of tauren, fairly well teched, and some skeleton mages we got our arses kicked. 1 v 3 and the guy won :eek:

I have a feelin we might have won if my ally had used his Jaood to destroy his base earlier, like we told him to :mad:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.