Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
>MCR-ELKSER - shook. :D

Hey, are you gonna do another beta some time? But not tonight please because I won't be here. :( :)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
When Joshua fought the battle of Jericho.. Jericho.. Jericho.. When Joshua fought the battle of Jericho and the walls.. came.. tumbeling.. down!!!!

Thats what your map reminds me of..

I am hosting now to test.

Nice map though terrain can be improved. Also fighter is OP. I could tank full levels even when team was dead.

Knatten

Reaction score
Really nice map, but 1 thing. I think it would be nice if you add some note on how the ''next-map areas'' look. Me and my friends tested it and were stuck on first map in 10 min wandering around it. (we figured it out later :p)

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Yeah, fu*k yeah. We made it, we did it. Almost… xD
We made it up to the act 10.
We destroyed the beacons and the thing in the screen destroyed us…

spawn.jpg

Anyways, what I wanted to say:
The damage skill on healer (Holy Bolt I guess) it says in the tooltip (where you choose what skills to lvl up) that the base of it is Wisdom. However in the normal tooltip (where you can cast it and other spells) it says that its base is Staff skill.
The 0 hp tooltip error on the Tranquility still hasn't been fixed.

And last but not the least - is that spawn normal (Look in the map, btw, to understand the real mass of mobs)?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Not that I have anything to do with this. But are those units on that screenie suposed to be called gaurd or is it a typo and are they suposed to be called guard? Just wanted to point that out :D

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Hehe, yeah that too :D
Another things to point out: the demonic beacons - how are they supposed to be broken? I mean I just came there again with another team. And we simply couldn't do anything to those things. Last time we had Fighter who used his skill and broke down both beacons (but as I said we got pwnt after that). This time we had Barbarian, Paladin, Assassin (and me - Healer). And we simply couldn't do anything.
And about the assassin…
Crit.jpg

Btw, thx for adding me to the credits ^_____^ I'm flattered

LotK

Reaction score
And last but not the least - is that spawn normal (Look in the map, btw, to understand the real mass of mobs)?

yeah thats what i mean what happens in last level..... and we couldnt destroy those fucking beacons!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
LALALA! Can i play with you guys cuz everyone else sucks (except a few people we played with) and we lost at SoF... mostly cuz everyone left cept for 2 people.

Xenoche

Reaction score
Wowzers, awesome work guys, this feedback is especially useful.

The Insane Crits: My attempt to curb the damage multipliers on assassin and fighter has obviously failed (abysmally). Once again I will try to fix it, but this time I have another idea that I know will work and didn't attempt this version due to it being a bit more work (lazy I know). Will be fixed, crits like that sure are funny though :D

Stage 10: That seems to be a very obvious bug (yet another bugging trigger) that I may be able to fix relatively easily. Thanks to your screanie I have a much better idea over the true scale of the situation :)eek:).
-Did that mass spawn simultaneously, was it gradual or was it already there when you got there?
-Were all of them [Elite] Jarahcon Gaurd? ( guard :p, thanks sjakie, typos are good to know about and make the game more proffesional )

The beacons have been fixed in the latest version ( I think ) they used to have Gajillion hp, the latest they have a destroyable hp (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Xeno.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Stage 10: That seems to be a very obvious bug (yet another bugging trigger) that I may be able to fix relatively easily. Thanks to your screanie I have a much better idea over the true scale of the situation :)eek:).
-Did that mass spawn simultaneously, was it gradual or was it already there when you got there?
That was a gradual spawn but it was really fast. Really; we were simply unable to defeat them all before the new ones spawned.
-Were all of them [Elite] Jarahcon Gaurd? ( guard :p, thanks sjakie, typos are good to know about and make the game more proffesional )
No, there were different mobs not only the guards.
The beacons have been fixed in the latest version ( I think ) they used to have Gajillion hp, the latest they have a destroyable hp (please correct me if I'm wrong).
Beacons are destroyable it is just the way HOW to destroy them. I mean only Fighter could kill them with his skill (towers had 1'000 hp). Nobody else* (Barbarian, Paladin, Assassin, Holy Clergy) couldn't hit it with any of spells or normal attack so it is a serious drawback if only one hero is actually able to kill those beacons.
*I don't know whether Ranger, Druid or Wizard can hit them.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I'll host it. I play on US East.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
I hate games that don't have singleplayer support.
It only means that spells are not MUI.
(one player cannot lead more than one hero)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I think this game should have a save/load code, so if you die, you can come back and have even more fun. That way, you don't have to get uber lucky to win the game. ;)

Xenoche

Reaction score
I hate games that don't have singleplayer support.
It only means that spells are not MUI.
(one player cannot lead more than one hero)

The only reason single player support was removed was due to players being able to cheat (not that it matters as all the previous versions were single player able). Besides, ToJ was always based on the premise that your a party (not a loner), and I find it way more fun trying to work with fellow team mates anyway.

"Hate" is proberly the strongest criticism I've received due to dis-like of this map yet, fair enough, I wasn't out to please everybody anyway (blame my 'useless' GUI triggers, cause GUI is teh suxors aparentleez).

Save/Load code

How would it work? Would it save the entire teams data, or a single players data? Would players that joined be forced to use the heroes that you played with up to that point in the game? Would'nt that allow a team to condition them selves after using the code on the same level constantly a crewing xp and harvesting items so your team is so enormously powerful that the games no longer a challenge? The enormity of the code itself after taking into consideration, hero type, hero stats, hero items, hero skill points (weapon skill, constitution, focus, guile, wisdom/Temperament/Discipline, weapon stats (accuracy, balance, degree), armor stats (Quality, Embue, Degree), the items they carry and there charges, there position in the game.

A code that saves a single players data wouldn't work for obvious reasons.

Basically the entire map can be completed within 75 minutes or so, adding a save/load code to a rpg that is entirely linear and short compared to open rpg's in my mind is a bit pointless.

If you wish to see a save/load code in this map and know how to encrypt large amounts of data from up to 6 different players without having a code thats 100 digits long then I might consider it.

A small patch is gonna be up tomorrow, fixing a few bugs and things that have been brought to my attention, thanks to you guys and anyone I've talked to on b.net about improving the map.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
There are already well made save/load codes out there, look in the resources section.

Single player is supposed to be used with cheating, so you can test the game.
There is nothing wrong with that.

Of course the trick is to turn off save/load in single player.

I personally never try games that I cannot play in singleplayer.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
There are already well made save/load codes out there, look in the resources section.

Single player is supposed to be used with cheating, so you can test the game.
There is nothing wrong with that.

Of course the trick is to turn off save/load in single player.

I personally never try games that I cannot play in singleplayer.

You can play single in 0.90.

Some things about Reincarnation:
First - sometimes happens that you might forget about heroes soul left on the ground in some acts and simply enter next act. You get the point I guess - the hero is impossible to revive without his soul. So the solution might be to write a message when leader attempts to enter the next act that some souls are still on the ground and if he enters for 2nd time without the souls then simply tp him to next act.
Second - if the hero dies in one act and is being revived in another he simply doesnt revives (with Reincarnation skill of the Holy Clergy) its okay with the shop-skill.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.