Other Tomb of Jarrahcon

BioDiablo

Reaction score
The main reason is, I would love to give a game a bit more depth, retaining the good terrain, skill system ect but adding that little bit extra.

Good idea? or not?

I don't know… all of oRPG's usullay are boring. Mostly cause of save/load. There is always one person who loads some level 99 character and the game simply loses all the charm. As about those dungeon points (or something) would be quite nice but only if there are minor changes in skills or whatever it would be.
The reason that made me play this RPG over and over again was that it was challenging and impossible to beat (I know, sounds crazy) but to think logically - if you give us the challenge we can do in no time, we will simply do it and forget about your map. So think about this.
To conclude - if you asked me to vote whether to make ToJ oRPG or not I would be definately against. I like it as it is now. Thats mine ruthless, honest opinion.

N

NeroZhul

Quick question... is there anything past the part where Jarahcon dies? And that green light imerges? Because when my friend and I tried to duo it, we got stuck at that point...

LotK

Reaction score
don't make it orpg, cause when all are different levels or you go into dungeons alone it's not a teambased game anymore

the thing you could do is a unliear gameplay. Basically you have the same structure you have now, but with some extra or secret levels
could be possible with those dungeon points too (like you get a key in the beginning and you have to keep it until level 5 to open a secret door)

L

littlewonton

I was just wondering. Even if you do not make it oRPG, I want it still to be able to save. I appreaciate your effforts as I find this game quite fun. It is better than most I have played. But I played yesterday, and I found out that after saving, the data is all messed up. I tried loading the game, but then there was a problem with the heros and their stat points. All the points were set back to 3 except for the swordsman skill, which was at 14. Even some of my friends who were not fighters had swordsman skills. Could you make it so that it is possible to save the game so all the data is restored? I found out that the game is not quite 75 minutes. I played for about 90 minutes with 5 people and didn't finish yet. We died, and wanted to start from where we saved, but it didn't load properly, I have not tried this version yet, but the 0.8 was not fixed. Could you please enable this so that my friends and I may finish? Thank you! You made a very good map, and I encourage you to continue making it better. =) About the oRPG I don't think it would be that fun, but if you added a little more story to it, and still linear, that would be great. =) Good Luck.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol littlewonton, you need a good team.

And did you save from the normal WCIII menu save... o_O ... I hope you know that is a melee save, not a save code. And this map has no save code yet.

Ok, about ORPG topic. There's pros and cons to that, which I'm too lazy to list. But maybe you could make it so that after you beat the RPG part, it becomes an ORPG part and it restarts and makes the portals and stuff connectable any time for free play. Make it so that you can save only in the ORPG part where it also saves your hero and stuff. SO maybe it'll have an option for the host in the beginning to choose whether to play RPG first or just go straight to ORPG... hm... that would ruin the RPG part...

KEEP IT RPG! :thup:

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Oow, play it with only 2 players and get the HOLY LAG at stage 10 (not quite sure, the one when u first met jarrahcon's guard).

2 lanes are causing the unclean creep killing.

Maybe u should control the enemy numbers according to the player?
I'm sure this'll be a good game.

BioDiablo

Reaction score
Oow, play it with only 2 players and get the HOLY LAG at stage 10 (not quite sure, the one when u first met jarrahcon's guard).

2 lanes are causing the unclean creep killing.

Maybe u should control the enemy numbers according to the player?
I'm sure this'll be a good game.

That's already mentioned in this post and is probably being fixed.

Xenoche

Reaction score
I must say this,

You guys are terrific :thup:

I'm currently trying to implement the idea Oninuva suggested, which I think is very good. The alternate class heroes done so far:

Druid --> Natures Guardian --> Gaian Prince
Paladin --> Holy Knight --> God Bearer
Assassin --> ?
Ranger --> Bow Maiden --> Elite Marksman
Wizard --> ?
Barbarian --> ?
Holy Clergy --> ?
Fighter --> Sword Master --> ?

-I'm having real trouble with save/load systems as I'm useless with Jass :eek:
-Models are a big one, I managed to find a buttload of kewl models for the new hero classes, but I seriously want to keep the size down (makes b.net hosting alot easier), so if you guys know of any decent skins/mods that are minimal in kb please giz a link (dont bother searching hive, I've ran through there models and skins for so long my eyes hurt, I found some good ones so sweet).

Yeah, sorry about that, stage 10 has some major issues last version, which I have now fixed.

The oRpg idea, well I really cant dedicate to much time to another map so I'll stick to what I've got :p

This next update (if all goes to plan and it works to my satisfaction) will be the precursor to the official release, however, my gut tells me theres going to be another can of worms opened once I (attempt to) implement this save code :(

Thanks for the feedback guys, you rock *insert guitar playing smiley here*

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Druid - :thup:
Pally - :thup:
Instead of Assassin, it should be: Thief --> Rogue --> Assassin
Instead of Wizard, it should be: Magician --> Wizard --> Arcanist
Instead of Barb, it should be: Rager (pronounced rage - er) --> Barbarian --> Berserker
Holy Clergy --> Priest --> Quisitor
Fighter --> Swordsman --> Blade Master

LotK

Reaction score
lol rager? no way, sounds too much like ranger

back to the dungeon points: screw them! make it a percentage bar (use food for that)
so when you the players kill a boss they get like 2% of the entire game done. Just make it so that it will sum up to 100 (%)

K

Kyonu

Was searchin around, and found this map... Looked real fun, until I couldn't even try it single player. :mad:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
wow u guys are so nice in resonding. :p

BioDioblo, I could vomit to what you put, it's 66% same as mine cept Divine Guardian. But it's a healer, not a Divine Guardian. If you are a priest, why would you suddenly become a guardian. Quisitor is like a high-priest. But it's just our ideas :D, up to Xenoche.

and Rager is Rage-er as in one who rages. Do you have a better idea?

@Kyonu, glad you agree that this is a sick game (you kinda did...) but you can play it on single player. Just need some extra skill (a lot?) and maybe a little cheating just to even it out. But multiplayer is difinitely better.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
and Rager is Rage-er as in one who rages. Do you have a better idea?
Beast, bigot, boor, brute, cannibal, clod, hooligan, hun, ignoramus, lout, monster, philistine, rascal, ruffian, troglodyte, vandal, yahoo.
From the nice people at Thesaurus.com :thup:
My favorite is troglodyte :thup::thup:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hey at stage 10, there is only supposed to be 1 Jarahcon Guard, right? Because it spawned 4 for us...

lulz i need to do something for this map... so i go in credits lol.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Naturalist --> Druid --> Natures Keeper or Keeper
Paladin --> Holy Knight --> Crusader
Thief --> Rogue --> Night Lord
Archer --> Ranger --> Marksman
Mage --> Wizard --> Arch Mage
Brawler --> Barbarian --> Berserker
Priest --> Cleric --> Bishop
Fighter --> Swordsman --> Knight

Do it as I have above and it will be perfect.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Xenoche's druid is better, I tink. Same with the Paladin and Ranger steps.

For Priest, you should keep Holy Clergy making it:

Holy Clergy --> Priest --> Bishop
Brawler is good.
For Fighter, Blade Master sounds more prestige and... masterful.
Arch Mage is also unoriginal. ARCANIST FTW!
For Rogue, I think you mean "Night" Lord but who says all rogues and assassins have to affiliate with DARKNESS and EVIL and DARK and EVILNESS and NIGHT... repeats. Assassin is a very elite title.

@Knight: lol, nice one. Brute!!!

Xenoche, is there anything after stage 10? It ends after that right?

And how do you kill the beacons? Because attacks and skills don't work, according to my friends from clan...

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Beast, bigot, boor, brute, cannibal, clod, hooligan, hun, ignoramus, lout, monster, philistine, rascal, ruffian, troglodyte, vandal, yahoo.
From the nice people at Thesaurus.com :thup:
My favorite is troglodyte :thup::thup:

Yahoo
Boor
Hun
Philistine
Lout

O_O

BioDiablo

Reaction score
And how do you kill the beacons? Because attacks and skills don't work, according to my friends from clan...

Fighter can kill 'em with one of his skills (that looks like whirlwind).

I quite like the Oninuva's names at most except the Thief who becomes a Knight Lord (kinda strange).
As about my favourite character — I don't like the Bishop (since it sorta doesn't sounds like it would fit a woman). Since you haven't used the Holy Clergy I would replace the Bishop with it.
As about mine idea about the Divine Guardian — the priest (or whatever is it going to be named) doesn't only heal, he also buffs you (dmg, def) meaning he imbues you with power which guardians usually do.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, thewrongvine. I'd be glad if you wouldn't misspell my nick.

LotK

Reaction score
@Kyonu, glad you agree that this is a sick game (you kinda did...) but you can play it on single player. Just need some extra skill (a lot?) and maybe a little cheating just to even it out. But multiplayer is difinitely better.

no way! single player is very easy (most when you cant play teamgames or your mates are "stupid" (aka noobs, w/e))

anyway i like the brawler for barbarian name, but wtf Knight Lord??? Oninuva, thats toooooo strange. Why would a rogue become a night all of the sudden?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.