Hulk3 Unholy Arena beta4

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Currently I tested it. If your keeping that selection system please note that if you select the hero it will choose it, every time I play lan with my friends they always click to see the guy and it chooses that hero, which they don't want.

Also the cave in the bottom left looks quite weird, a cave can't go back if there isn't a back behind it. This looks quite like a map my friend made, just an unholy version.

Please try to improve your terrain, looks quite the plain.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
note the message at the end of the first post about terrain, and, ever trie dto terrain with that tileset - there are very few doodads of any use

and, if you read the first post, again, it notes that selecting hte unit selects the hero, perhaps you should make a note of that to your friends

when push comes to shove the heroes are the same, with different models, its your customization that makes the difference

and that is a magicaly cave, doesn't need a back

emjlr3

Reaction score
beta2 released, fixes a few major bugs that could not sit around while big changes were made

btw I will be on US East as emjlr3 hosting this tonight a bit

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What time are you going to host it? I'd like to join.

Name: thewrongvine

Um... your name is quite confuzzling... but I'll search for it.

EDIT: Maybe I could terrain.

EDIT 2: Well, that was entertaining. The best part was when I killed everyone in like 3 seconds :p.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I love this <3

I played it on b.net with some random nub. He thought it was boring, but that was because I was the total pwnz00rdz.

Well, the knockback is coooooool.
More spells would be nice, items too.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hey, emjlr3 (lol after whispering you for so long, I memorized your name), just a question: did you get this idea from Warlock?

Not saying that you copied it, just a question.

emjlr3

Reaction score
actually I got the idea from Fulla - who had in in his mini game map Deadly Games, he suggested it to me because he thoughts a whole game based around the concept would be really cool, rather then just a mini game

after I started working on this, Warlock was released - which was really really shitty at first - spells were nice, but the rest was crap

it has shaped up a lot over the past month and a half while i worked on this, but i still think this is far superior

thevoden

Reaction score
This game is really fun! After the 3rd round of the game I'm hooked! I didn't like the first 2 rounds as I wasn't used to the controls and got pwned.

I like how you can customize your build and such for uniqueness. The gameplay is unique. Great job man. Do you mind if I make suggestions for the map?

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Been hosting this for about the last hour and a half on USEast, so far response is good. Only one problem
Commands said:
-EM/EasyMode to make units take double damage and gain double gold.
The double gold doesn't work with kills. The floating text says 500, but the "Blah has killed BlahBlah" text only says +250, and you only gain 250 gold.

This is a really cool game though.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Why not make different heroes start with different initial abilities?
Rather boring to see we play with that skill and that again...

Don't forget to make us can set the rounds too!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I played it in Europe server and saved replay, it is with 4 people because I thought more people might start to lag really badly for my PC. Luckily nobody complained about lag in game.
I was last, one quited after burning to death in lava. Nothing like pro game, but gives idea how gameplay looks like.
My personal favorite round is where one starts camping near cave exits and I try to chase him. I'm the guy who dashes and jumps mostly and misses with abilities :p

Attachments

• Unholy Arena beta2 Northrend.w3g
    180.1 KB · Views: 299

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score

There are already quite a few abilities to pick from, so you don't have to play with the same abilities at all.
Ofcourse in the future I'd imagine Emjlr3 will keep making more abilities & improving the current ones.

The Heroes are more for your playstyle in terms of their starting stats, which strongly influence your builds.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Dash ability could do damage in my opinion.

It's in the movement ability section, not the offensive abilities. Therefore, it shouldn't do damage or everyone would choose it as their movement abil and noone would want windwalk.

>Don't forget to make us can set the rounds too!
I'm assuming you meant how many rounds are needed to win, and you can do that using the -score ## command.

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
I think both Dash & Windwalk should do damage upon contact, dispelling/discontinuing there effects.

So:
- If you dash into some1 you'll stop dead where you are, but knockback + damage target
- If you windwalk into some1 the effect will be dispelled but knockback + damage target

I really like totally aggressive gameplay, makes it alot more exciting.

A 3rd movement ability could be 'Phase'
- Removes you from the game for 2 seconds, then brings you back, you damage/knockback all nearby units.

emjlr3

Reaction score
This game is really fun! After the 3rd round of the game I'm hooked! I didn't like the first 2 rounds as I wasn't used to the controls and got pwned.

I like how you can customize your build and such for uniqueness. The gameplay is unique. Great job man. Do you mind if I make suggestions for the map?

suggest away, thnx for playing

Been hosting this for about the last hour and a half on USEast, so far response is good. Only one problem

The double gold doesn't work with kills. The floating text says 500, but the "Blah has killed BlahBlah" text only says +250, and you only gain 250 gold.

This is a really cool game though.

this is fixed in beta3, which is actually read for release, but I wanted to actually add some substantial content to the release, aside from simply bug fixes

-score ## to choose rounds
all heroes have the option to buy a brand new ability from the start, you can choose from 6 new ones, or upgrade the ones you have - again you can also got the item route

I played it in Europe server and saved replay, it is with 4 people because I thought more people might start to lag really badly for my PC. Luckily nobody complained about lag in game.
I was last, one quited after burning to death in lava. Nothing like pro game, but gives idea how gameplay looks like.
My personal favorite round is where one starts camping near cave exits and I try to chase him. I'm the guy who dashes and jumps mostly and misses with abilities :p

nice, I will check it out when I get a chance

There are already quite a few abilities to pick from, so you don't have to play with the same abilities at all.
Ofcourse in the future I'd imagine Emjlr3 will keep making more abilities & improving the current ones.

The Heroes are more for your playstyle in terms of their starting stats, which strongly influence your builds.

agreed 100%

I think both Dash & Windwalk should do damage upon contact, dispelling/discontinuing there effects.

So:
- If you dash into some1 you'll stop dead where you are, but knockback + damage target
- If you windwalk into some1 the effect will be dispelled but knockback + damage target

I really like totally aggressive gameplay, makes it alot more exciting.

A 3rd movement ability could be 'Phase'
- Removes you from the game for 2 seconds, then brings you back, you damage/knockback all nearby units.

I don' think I quite get phase, you disappear for 2s then reappear at the same location? I don't see how that requires too much skill

again, if I gave dash damage+knockback, it would be superior in every way to fireball, lightning and guided - unless the kb and damage were very low - giving ww damage may be a little better, but the whole idea with that is to either dissapear to and get and enemy off your back, or use it to place yourself in good position to do some damage, which is how I use dash mostly

thnx for all the feedback guys - I am specifically interested in balance suggestions - as far as prices and damage/kb goes

emjlr3

Reaction score
beta 3 released - all reported bugs and ones I have encountered during online testing have been fixed, and some new content has been added - enjoy!

Fulla

Evil Overlord
Reaction score
After playing those gamse with you, heres a little list of suggestions

Knockback
- In general it seems fairly slow moving & pretty drawn out, I recommend keeping the same distances, but speeding up the process.
Faster movement basically!

Death (When you die)
- If you are killed by a spell that 'would' knock you back, instead make it so you explode, with a cool effect (Incinerate explosion would be ver neat here). Will look much better & clean up the field.

Actuate
- Don't think it needs a mana cost, already has a hefty heath cost

Dash
- It has a slight cast delay, I assume this is because you run a timer to trigger the movement, so you have to wait a slight period for that first interval.
I recommend moving the unit a bit in the initial trigger as well as in the timer, to make it smoother & more visually appealing.

Homing
- I understand that you want it slow, as it is homing giving a big advantage, but its a bit overly slow.
I recommend roughly +25% movement speed & especially +25% knockback is needed.

Lightning
- This would definetly be better as a bolt, perhaps Farseer's projectile, then it could bounce of walls which would be visually stunning.
Also the AoE it bounces should be much higher as the Arena's are pretty big. Bouncing it kind of it's speciality really want to exploit that.

Nova
- Recommend a 1 second casting time atleast

Vacuum
- The sucktion is incredibly low on this, I recommend +50% knockback, but -50% the damage it deals.
Its main purpose after all is to line units up for a combo.

EDIT1:
[quote="Emjlr3]I don' think I quite get phase, you disappear for 2s then reappear at the same location? I don't see how that requires too much skill

again, if I gave dash damage+knockback, it would be superior in every way to fireball, lightning and guided - unless the kb and damage were very low - giving ww damage may be a little better, but the whole idea with that is to either dissapear to and get and enemy off your back, or use it to place yourself in good position to do some damage, which is how I use dash mostly[/quote]

Yes, phase would basically remove you from incoming projectiles & at same time when you come back damage/knockback any nearby units.
Multi-Use/Purpose basically.

Dash+Windwalk, yea they should have very little damage, but a signifcant knockback.
It would add alot to the gamepaly & generally make it more fun & exciting & especially more chaotic :p

EDIT2:

Projectile Collision
- I know realism comes into play here, but I definetly think 2 of your own spells/projectiles should not collide. You want to be able to spawn 2 spells at a guy, not have them collide.
I noticed this when I tried to Homing/Fireball a guy. Just like friendly fire unrealistically doesn't hurt allies Id ask for this as well with your own projectiles :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
beta4 up, lots of good changes

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I think he means like in Warlock. In Warlock, with the windwalk thing, if you are in the duration of the spell and walk near an enemy, it like blasts them and deals damage/knocks back.

But I disagree with that idea. That would be too much like Warlock. Emjlr3 can make his own ideas fine and better (I hope). :)

EDIT: Nvm, you already did it. -_-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.