Hulk3 Unholy Arena beta4

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
its actually quite different then that, this only blasts enemies in an AoE when you come out, not simply on running into them, that would be too easy

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
>Actuate and Fireball now cost 600 to upgrade
Yay, easier to get maxed out fireball.

>There is now a 4s window at the beginning of matches where no units are effected by spells, siginifed by an anti-magic shell
Hmmm... No more winning almost instantly in SKB/EM modes, by chainlightning then fireballing people onto the lava. That's good, I suppose.

>Missiles cast from the same hero will no longer explode upon collision
Grrr... No more forcing other peoples fireballs to destroy their own homing missles that follow me.

Most of the other changes are alright. Still don't think the movement abilities should do anything other then movement, damage on them seems wrong to me. It's up to our Favourite Green Moderator(Winning by two votes!) how this game turns out, though.

emjlr3

Reaction score
fireball is a staple of the game

yes, fixes that

more noob friendly IMO

damage is very low, its more about the knockback

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's like Warlock, but better imo. And it's slightly different in how to reach your goals. It's a little more damage based, and there's sick items like Shadow Boots. :D

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Seems interesting. Once I reinstall Warcraft on my new computer. I will be testing it out. :thup:

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
My comments:
Really fun game, I like it. Perhaps a few more terrains and/or effects(i.e. Meteor)? Almost no lag(Lags a little when you got 10 fireballs going at once), fast dl, and fast load. Gj. :)

Suggestions:
Lightning is imba imo. Bounces, almost instant, and same dmg as fireball? Also, I think vaccum sucks balls. AoE is way to small, effect doesn't seem useful. Maybe lower its price or something.

Bugs:
Ludicrice doesn't evade anything. Maybe check the coding of it because i'm yet to see it do something.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Bug.
I ordered my hero to jump at the same second he should be teleported back, and here is the result:

He is still at the arena.

emjlr3

Reaction score
Is this like that map Warlock

similar, but i think more polished, but differences all around
similarities being, a few spells are the same, one of the arenas let you knock people into lava, you can upgrade spells for a price, and thats about it

It's like Warlock, but better imo. And it's slightly different in how to reach your goals. It's a little more damage based, and there's sick items like Shadow Boots. :D

agreed

My comments:
Really fun game, I like it. Perhaps a few more terrains and/or effects(i.e. Meteor)? Almost no lag(Lags a little when you got 10 fireballs going at once), fast dl, and fast load. Gj. :)

Suggestions:
Lightning is imba imo. Bounces, almost instant, and same dmg as fireball? Also, I think vaccum sucks balls. AoE is way to small, effect doesn't seem useful. Maybe lower its price or something.

Bugs:
Ludicrice doesn't evade anything. Maybe check the coding of it because i'm yet to see it do something.

lucidity does work, the % is low though
vaccuum is good, and is really nice for setting up spells like chain lightning
10 fireballs at once, good god

Bug.
I ordered my hero to jump at the same second he should be teleported back, and here is the result:

He is still at the arena.

will look into it :(, i wish ppl would stop trying to make the game bug, and just play, rofl

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Lol, same, just play the game. If there's a minor bug, then just don't use it.

When is newer version cmin' out? :D

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
lucidity does work, the % is low though
vaccuum is good, and is really nice for setting up spells like chain lightning
10 fireballs at once, good god
You sure lucidity works? It starts at 15% which is pretty high I'd think...Also, Empower is so much stronger than vaccum for lightning. One-shot triple kills ftw. :) The w/e boots that give you 50 movespeed tend to lag when >2 ppl have it. Perhaps lower the interval? I don't think its all that important. Actuate is pretty weak imo too. It's got a small AoE, has a casting time, and hurts yourself? I got it to lvl3, but it didn't really help much.

emjlr3

Reaction score
also for the jump bug, that pic was taken in singleplayer, nothing should be considered a bug unless reproduced in multiplayer, certain triggers run only during online play that stop abuses

lucidity is tested working, yes, only way u could get a triple kill with lightning is a at lvl3 with empower, if u can get level 3 lightning and empower in a normal game, more power to you

i have not noticed lag from the shadow boots , i will look into it

i love actuate, the mana cost is very low, its great crowd control, idealy you want to cast it while in movement, to catch ppl off guard, IMO - it is a base spell btw, and requires no aim

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Hey emjlr3, can you maybe host another one of this tonight? I wish I could host... Or when you want to? :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for future updates

Most bugs removed, at least all that have been reported or found by me when playing. However, i am not quite sure what else this needs, or what else to add. One thing I wanted to do was, not only sort the MB by score, but then by kills, so ppl with the same score are ordered by their kills. While a little neat addition, it doesn't change the gameplay, or add any new aspects. Thoughts? Suggestions? Etc.?

btw if anyone is interested in making me a minimap image, or helping me out with terrain, let me know

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Speaking of terrains, there are a few spots where you can get stuck through knockback. Also, assist seems to be bugged. Sometimes I kill the guy then get extra gold for assisting...and sometimes assists don't even work. Also, perhaps an AoE effect for fireball? It's got a AoE animation but no AoE, confuzzling.

emjlr3

Reaction score
getting stuck with kbs is really unavoidable unless i make the terrain completely square, which would suck - as such, it happens rarely, and you can usually get out of it with a movement spell, or by someone else hitting you with a spell

if you can provide me with a replay of assists bugging, plz do, since the recent updates fixing assists, Fulla and I have encountered no issues - remember, you only get an assists if you did damage in the past 10s

adding an AoE for fireball is a thought....

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Omg another great project by you, gj! :thup: This is way better than Warlock IMO.

Found a minor spelling mistake in Deflecting (or w/e) Shield:
prjectile

TurboJyri

Reaction score
It would be nice to know how many players is this map for, cause I have not 10minutes to waste searching it from the list.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
It would be nice to know how many players is this map for, cause I have not 10minutes to waste searching it from the list.
What?...Why does it matter anyway? You can play it with any number as long as your not by yourself...

Btw, I found a bug where if two ppl with 4 tie, no one wins.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.