Hulk3 Unholy Arena beta4

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Unholy Arena beta4

A new project from the myth, the legend....Hulk3!

An epic, deathly, scary, completely unholy arena.

Pick between 4 unique heroes, purchase items, upgrade and purchase new and old spells, and fight to be the victor in this battle royal.

• Who? - 4 different heroes, each with different starting stats.
  • What? - a different kind of hero arena
  • When? - right now, silly
  • Where? - 3 different arenas, each with their own special properties, and a home base, where you can get new things
  • Why? - because I said so
  • How? - with a PC and the WE, and a bit of hard work

The Details:
  • You start at the hero selection area. Click on one of the four heroes to choose him, or the question mark to receive a random hero. Getting a random hero starts you with 250 extra gold. Each hero starts with 2 innate abilitles, Fireball and Actuate. Which can be leveled along with other purchased abilities.
  • Next to the base. Can't really do a whole lot here, other then shop, but then, everyone needs time to shop, no?
  • Buy items at the Goblin Merchant or purchase abilities at the Marketplace. In the marketplace there are 4 columns to choose from. Column one houses the offensive spells. Column two houses the defensive spells. Column three houses the movement spells, and column four houses the ultimate spells.
  • You may only purchase one new ability from each column, and you may only upgrade each ability to a maximum level of three.
  • The between rounds timer counts down to zero, and rounds begin. You are placed at a random point in a random arena, with all the other players. Fight to the death, or stay alive until time runs out to receive a point for that round.
  • Killings heroes nets you gold and assisting the killing of a hero nets you a smaller chunk of gold, dependent upon the number of assistors.
  • After each round you are given two additional chunks of gold, one dependent upon the amount of damage you did last round, which can be viewed during the round where lumber ought to be, and the other dependent upon how low you are on the totem pole, so to speak.
  • The multiboard updates periodically, arranging the heroes in order from best to worst, showing kills, scores, and hero icons,etc..
  • First person to a score of 5 wins, unless the host chooses another amount.

Other Info.:

• There are a few in game commands, for the moment, that the host can use to change up the game a bit. They can only be typed before the first round begins, and only once. These include:
    • -Score ## to set the required score to win.
    • -SKB/SuperKnockback to increase slide distance by 50%.
    • -NCD/NoCooldown to refresh units cooldowns after every cast.
    • -EM/EasyMode to make units take double damage and gain double gold.
    • -More to come, suggestions????
  • Try not to step in the lava, it hurts.
  • Missiles can be used as interceptors, or rather, missiles interact with one another and the surrounding terrain, use this to your advantage.
  • Random catastrophes plague the Unholy Arena, watch your step!!

Enjoy, and let the good times roll. Thoughts? Suggestions? Concerns? Want to do my terrain? Is anyone even reading this anymore?

And Hulk said unto his peons, play my map, and it was good, and the peons loved him for it.

Remember, this is a beta version, play, but don't hate on me if shit goes wrong.​

Versions:

beta4
  • Messages and bounty texttags added for assists
  • Fixed some abuses with suiciding
  • Your amount of kills now effects your end round bonus gold by 50% less
  • Actuate and Fireball now cost 600 to upgrade
  • Actuates mana cost cut in half (20-10)
  • Base mana regen for all heroes increased by 25% (2 - 2.5)
  • Manual of Health replaced with Pendant of Mana
  • Prices for all potions reduced by 33%
  • All knockback durations reduced by 1/2
  • Knockback from Guided Missile increased by 100%
  • Death Pulse now has a 1.5s casting time, and a minor graphical indication of casting
  • Missiles cast from the same hero will no longer explode upon collision
  • There is now a 4s window at the beginning of matches where no units are effected by spells, siginifed by an anti-magic shell
  • Blink Dash now deals a knockback and minor damage on collision
  • Wind Walk now deals a knockback and minor damage upon returning to visibility, and grants bonus movement speed
  • Chain Lightning AoE increased (500 - 800)
  • Visual and sound effects added to Chain Lightning
  • Maximum match time reduced (5 min - 3 min)
  • Fixed a bug with killers getting assists and assistors not getting the correct bounty

beta3
  • You now get 50% more gold based on your damage done in a round
  • You now get the correct double gold for killing a hero in EM mode
  • The fire explosion is now correctly created on only heroes when they die in the lava
  • The blur from Shadow Kicks can no longer be seen when a hero is invisible
  • Increased Chain Lightnings collision range by 50%
  • Commands may now be typed only up until the first round begins
  • Fixed Actuates purchase hotkey
  • New ultimate spell: Vacuum

beta2
  • Avatar of the Flame now starts with the correct innate abilities
  • Fixed an abuse that allowed heroes to blink and thrust to other arenas and onto cliffs (multiplayer only - thanks Daskunk)
  • Toughness and Power now have a more pronounced effect on knockbacks (every 2 points changes the starting speed by 20/sec.)
  • Energy now gives slightly less gains (2-1.5 mana/point and .03-.02 regen/point)
  • Lower cave entrance terrain changed (thanks Mr.Tutorial)

beta1
  • Initial release

Attachments

• arena1.jpg
    arena1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 535
  • arena2.jpg
    arena2.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 467
  • base.jpg
    base.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 465
  • arena3.jpg
    arena3.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 415
  • Selection.jpg
    Selection.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 539
  • Unholy Arena beta4 (p).w3x
    561.1 KB · Views: 523

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Hey, I just tried this a bit in single player and it looks really fun. I'll probably try hosting it tonight and see how it plays out. I'll wait until then before giving feedback, but so far it all looks good. Cheers!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Is anyone even reading this anymore?

Yep, going to test it in single player.

EDIT:

Game looked well done, firebolt explosion looked good and all imported models too, Thrust Boots were so awesome, but I used them to jump in and out of "marketplace area", when you use thrust before unit is moved to arena he never reaches there.
Simple AI would not hurt either.

EDIT2: These Shadow Trail boots looked cool too!

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hopefully this will be as cool as all of your others maps. Gonna test right away :)

EDIT: Bah, can't test right now (some VERY weird problem that seems to be putting stuff from one of my demo maps into your map, unless your map is supposed to have a Mountain King and a "pie is good" message)

EDIT AGAIN: Since I can't find my WC3 TFT disc so I can re-install, testing will have to wait until I find the disc, or find someone who can host the game for me ^^

emjlr3

Reaction score
Hey, I just tried this a bit in single player and it looks really fun. I'll probably try hosting it tonight and see how it plays out. I'll wait until then before giving feedback, but so far it all looks good. Cheers!

have fun! thnx for playing

> Is anyone even reading this anymore?

Yep, going to test it in single player.

EDIT:

Game looked well done, firebolt explosion looked good and all imported models too, Thrust Boots were so awesome, but I used them to jump in and out of "marketplace area", when you use thrust before unit is moved to arena he never reaches there.
Simple AI would not hurt either.

EDIT2: These Shadow Trail boots looked cool too!

simple AI could in no way supplement the loss of smart enemy humans, trust me.

in single player you are allowed to cast in base, not online however, so those sorts of bugs are alleviated

why only 4 heroes?

why not? the heroes are completely dynamic, and no game will be the same, until you hit about game 50 or so - unless you find a set build you like best

Hopefully this will be as cool as all of your others maps. Gonna test right away :)

EDIT: Bah, can't test right now (some VERY weird problem that seems to be putting stuff from one of my demo maps into your map, unless your map is supposed to have a Mountain King and a "pie is good" message)

EDIT AGAIN: Since I can't find my WC3 TFT disc so I can re-install, testing will have to wait until I find the disc, or find someone who can host the game for me ^^

hopefully, on both accounts

ROLL man... roll. :p...

agreed

updated, and fixed a few other spelling/gramatical errors

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
too bad i cant test the spells on enemy units, because it always teleports me to a place without any enemies in it, and a message saying "u are in single player mode, ill give u 30 seconds for testing your hero"

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
With thrust boots, in the middle of a match I can jump back to the shop area, is that on purpose? And I can jump to a differnt area, then go through the cave, and be unseeable.. lol.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Hey, how come the Avatar of Flame hero gets 4 spells in the beginning, while other get only 2?

- Fireball
- Chain Lightning
- spell blocking spell
- Actuate

While others only get Fireball and Actuate?
They all have the same total stats so why the difference?

Suggestion :
- Fireball's range is levelable
- More levels for abilities

And somehow, we don't get the ultimates (unless in long games) since maxed Fireball + Boots + Regen Rings and Tomes are more pwnage. At least, that's how we played (spam Fireball all day)

emjlr3

Reaction score
too bad i cant test the spells on enemy units, because it always teleports me to a place without any enemies in it, and a message saying "u are in single player mode, ill give u 30 seconds for testing your hero"

thats why you need to host and play with real people
I added that check in so you can actually play around a bit in the arena, before it sends you back because you won the match

This sounds really close to what I think the perfect arena should be like. Going to test it asap. :thup:

(If anyone is going to host a game, send me a message on the thehelper chat)

interesting, would like to hear more about this "perfect" arena

With thrust boots, in the middle of a match I can jump back to the shop area, is that on purpose? And I can jump to a differnt area, then go through the cave, and be unseeable.. lol.

that is probably unintended....hmmm...send me a replay or two showing what exactly you mean so I can check it out

Hey, how come the Avatar of Flame hero gets 4 spells in the beginning, while other get only 2?

- Fireball
- Chain Lightning
- spell blocking spell
- Actuate

While others only get Fireball and Actuate?
They all have the same total stats so why the difference?

Suggestion :
- Fireball's range is levelable
- More levels for abilities

And somehow, we don't get the ultimates (unless in long games) since maxed Fireball + Boots + Regen Rings and Tomes are more pwnage. At least, that's how we played (spam Fireball all day)

4 spells would be a bug, I meant to go back through and make sure i had taken everything off all the heroes i added for testing, must have forgot about him, again this is a beta, I will have to try and fix that tonight

and actually the starting stats are a bit different

considering I have only evern played this online against Fulla, balancing is a big concern, and as such, gonig stats may be better then new spells, I have no idea :) thats where you fine ppl come in

anyhow, dont pick the avatar of the flame, hes bugge ( should not have 4 abilities to start ^^, only the basic two

darkRae

Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
and actually the starting stats are a bit different

Yes, a bit different, but they have the same in total.
Spoiler: Don't read before you play.
Demon thingy : 25 Power
Banshee thingy : 25 Toughness
Magi : 25 intelligence
Rest are 17/18

This is quite imbalanced.
With more INT you can cast more spells, which is better than having more knockback.
Power and Toughness imo only play their role in the arena where there is lava.
Altough, massing Power will make your opponent 'fly' across the screen'

Say, how many is each Hero's base regen?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Whee, very random number for money you got there...

I don't really get the abilities. they're very expensive and very small mana. So we (or most likely I) will just max a level of an ability instead buy two due to the small amount of mana... no items for it? increase mana regen etc...

Btw, oyu can cast the shield at the shop.

emjlr3

Reaction score
Yes, a bit different, but they have the same in total.
Spoiler: Don't read before you play.
Demon thingy : 25 Power
Banshee thingy : 25 Toughness
Magi : 25 intelligence
Rest are 17/18

This is quite imbalanced.
With more INT you can cast more spells, which is better than having more knockback.
Power and Toughness imo only play their role in the arena where there is lava.
Altough, massing Power will make your opponent 'fly' across the screen'

Say, how many is each Hero's base regen?

i guess its a matter of opinion, I can always increase the gain from power and toughness, or decrease the mana/regen gain from intel, to make it more balanced, if needed

base regen is .25/s

Whee, very random number for money you got there...

I don't really get the abilities. they're very expensive and very small mana. So we (or most likely I) will just max a level of an ability instead buy two due to the small amount of mana... no items for it? increase mana regen etc...

Btw, oyu can cast the shield at the shop.

wouldnt it be better to cast 3 abilities in a row, hten 1 ability ever 7s?
casting shield at the shop does not matter all that much IMO, but I can fix that

how is money random? I am not sure I follow

no items for what now?

darkRae

Reaction score
Maybe he meant item for increasing your Mana.
There is only one item, the tome for intelligence to increase Max Mana and Mana Regen.

Currently there are items for Movespeed, Jumping, HP Regen, Max HP, Max HP (tome), STR/AGI/INT Tomes with different prices, and HP/Mana/both Potions.

emjlr3

Reaction score
could take out perhaps the max hp tome and replace it with a max mana tome, or a max mana item

ofcourse, there are a lot of really neat item abilities I want to add, so I may end up adding a whole nother stop still

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.