System Unit Decaying

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I read it tho...

JASS:
function TriggerRegisterReincarnationEvent takes trigger t, boolean finish returns nothing
//Causes t to register a unit reincarnating.
//~~boolean finish: If true, the event fires on reincarnation finishing.
//                  If false, the event fires on reincarnation starting.

function TriggerRegisterResurrectionEvent takes trigger t returns nothing
//Causes t to register a unit resurrecting.

function TriggerRegisterOutOfScopeEvent takes trigger t returns nothing
//Causes t to register a unit leaving the scope of the game.

function GetReincarnatingUnit takes nothing returns unit
//Returns the unit which fired a reincarnation event.

function GetResurrectedUnit takes nothing returns unit
//Returns the unit which fired a resurrection event.

function GetScopingUnit takes nothing returns unit
//Returns the unit which fired an out of scope event.

function GetWasAnimated takes nothing returns boolean
//Returns whether the unit was animated using Animate Dead (For ResurrectionEvent and OutOfScopeEvent).

I'd be using-
JASS:
function TriggerRegisterOutOfScopeEvent takes trigger t returns nothing
//Causes t to register a unit leaving the scope of the game.

That means the trigger fires on anything that causes the unit to leave the scope.. : |

I know you really don't believe me, so I'll even take a post from the thread by Captain Griffen- http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1036871&postcount=6

Basically just before the unit ceases to exist. IE: Just before the unit is removed/decays/explodes.

This utility only does on decay, which is what it's supposed to do. What you're trying to get me to do would break it : (.

So your statement is half wrong ><-
It doesn't work for removal, and my best assumption is it is before the unit is lost (JUST before).

It does register Removal =(

Oh, and I'll be working on an incredible v4.0 which will hopefully run faster, have more features, and yea. Also, I'll probably start a bundle of event utilities: items, customs, etc ^^. Maybe I'll also do new properties like Item Decay, Item Rez, Apply Timed Life, etc. Who knows : ).

Mfn 4.0 will be out soon too ^^, and I know you all are just.... not excited at all, but...

Mfn_host (the current hosting player, kept updated)
Mfn_getElapsedGameTime() (returns the elapsed game time)

functions for handling unit groups (remove all units, etc)
A built instance of Jesus4Lyf's Hashing for when you are handling handles and it's quick and temporary ><.

A memory management utility for handling memory that passes between functions that take no parameters and for relating data to other data to form structures. My original attempt at this was MOPS, which,, while it worked, was a failure. I'm still attempting to do this, but eh. Idea is to create a hierarchical structure for each piece of memory where each piece of memory can be placed into any given structure. It'd be like the ultimate in dynamism for data structures =).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.