Unknown Island ORPG
Total Map Completion: Almost 50%
Total Map Size: 422 Kb
Total Music Size: 6Mb

Unknown Island
By Quauhtli
Aasimir, Joowna

The Story...

"You wake up... You feel pain, and see you're wounded. You look around. You're on an island... A strange island. Trying to stand up, you feel great pain, but somehow it dissapears after a small moment... You look behind you, and you see... A ship... Suddenly a light flash appears, and you get a flashback...
You see someone traveling on the ship, and you see some other people beside him. Then you see the people chanting and screaming... You don't really understand what they say, since it's all going so fast... You hear... Sea Monster... Storm... Strange fog...
The flashback fades...
In front of you you spot a destroyed box, with some weapons inside it. A sword, a bow and some arrows, a staff, a rod and two daggers..."
The adventure, has begun...

Total Completion:
Terrain: 45%
Units: 32%
Abilities: 11%
Doodads: 40%
Music: 77%
Triggers: 16%
Quests: 50%
Classes: 45%
Extra: 42%

UI includes:
- Great Adventure
- Epic area to explore
- Unique Key arrow movement controll
- Third Person Camera View
- Five different Classes
- Single player and Multi player options
- Alot of different ways to complete the game
- Lots of different Items
- Lots of different Creatures
- Unique stuff
- Lots of Quests
- Class specific Quests
- Alot of ability ideas
- And much, much more!

Screenies:

quauhtli

Total Quests:
17 Quests
2 Important Quests
4 Normal Quests
5 Bonus Quests
6 Class Quests

IQ: Welcome to the island
Recommended Level: 1
Quest: 89% complete

IQ: Letter of the Mysterious one
Recommended Level: 11
Quest: 37% complete

NQ: A family at war...
Recommended Level: 5+
Quest: 23% complete

NQ: History of the Hero
Recommended Level: 2+
Quest: 31% complete

NQ: Wings of the Sea Drake
Recommended Level: 15+ - MULTIPLAYER RECOMMENDED
Quest: 27% complete

NQ: Big Bad Bad Guys
Recommended Level: 15+ - MULTIPLAYER RECOMMENDED
Quest: 14% complete

BQ: Swamp Explorer
Recommended Level: 7
Quest: 67% complete

BQ: Secret of the Ghosts
Recommended Level: 6-15 - MULTIPLAYER RECOMMENDED
Quest: 9% complete

BQ: Search for the lost Makrura Part1
Recommended Level: 3-6
Quest: 95% complete

BQ: The Makrura Fellowship Part2
Recommended Level: 5-8
Quest: 19% complete

BQ: Darkness of SpiritVale Part3
Recommended Level: 16-19 - MULTIPLAYER RECOMMENDED
Quest: 15% complete

===========================================
Class Quests:
In Unknown Island, there is a special and unique, class quest system, wich means that heroes from the apropriate class can do the quest.

Warrior Quest 1: Mystic Sword
Starting Level: 6
Quest: 40% complete

Ranger Quest 1: The Mysterious Tree
Quest: 45% complete

Magician Quest 1: Arcane Canyon
Quest: 22% complete

Magician Quest 2: Power of the scepter
Starting Level: 10
Quest: 1% complete

Rogue Quest 1:Lost Child
Recommended Level: 6
Quest: 40% complete

Priest Quest 1: The Sick Mur'gul
Recommended Level: 6
Quest: 30% complete

-More coming soon-

Classes:
There are 5 unique classes, all with special abilities and ways of combat.
Here follows a explanation of the 5 classes:

The fierce Warrior:
-High Damage
-Mail Armor
-Slow Attackspeed
-High Hitpoints
Notes:
The Warrior attacks slow, but does great damage. He can equip lots of weapons. The warrior is unique, like the rogue, since it has a different mana system then the other classes. The warrior has "Might" wich increases when attacking, but starts at 0, and the maximum might is 100. Might decreases while not attacking.

The swift Archer
-Moderate Damage
-Leather armor, learns mail
-Moderate Attackspeed
-Low Hitpoints
Notes:
The Archer is a great ranged attacker, but is easily killed when in close combat. The archer can run fast, wich makes him easy to escape close combat, also, the archer can learn mail armor on level 15.

The mighty Magician
-Low to High Damage
-Cloth armor
-Slow Attackspeed
-Low Hitpoints
Notes:
The magician has special powers, wich makes him able to attack ranged, but only by using mana. If his mana is depleted, the magician must attack from melee, and is very easily killed by this.

The sneaky Rogue
-Moderate Damage
-Leather armor
-Quick Attackspeed
-Moderate Hitpoints
Notes:
The rogue is adviced for fighting in groups, since he attacks great when not attacked himself. The rogue also has a unique mana type, "Energy", this replenishes really fast, but only has 100 energy. The rogue really uses all his energy fast, with his powerfull abilities.

The noble Priest
-Low Damage
-Cloth armor
-Slow Attackspeed
-Low Hitpoints
Notes:
The priest is only adviced for multiplayer modes, since he has very low damage, attackspeed, armor and hitpoints. The priest uses his mana to replenish life, and enchant armor and damage of allies.

Armorers:
Warrior: Cloth, Leather, Mail, Shields
Ranger: Cloth, Leather, Mail-Level 15
Magician: Cloth
Rogue: Cloth, Leather
Priest: Cloth

Weaponry:
Warrior: Swords, Daggers, Hammers, Axes, Staffs
Ranger: BowNArrows, Swords, Daggers, Staffs
Magician: Maces, Staffs, Wands, Magic Swords
Rogue: Swords, Daggers
Priest: Staffs, Wands, Rods

Creatures:

The Mur'guls:
The "standing lizard" creatures. Although not that hostile, once attacked they can do some serious damage, with their self created blades of rare materials, wich are not known to the survivor. The mur'gul live in large groups, and there queen Taunta, is a peacefull mur'gul, only wanting the best for the mur'guls. The mur'guls use dark magic, but only use it when desperatly needed, like when a wolf is attacking a bunny. The mur'gul wear masks, and have shields made out of the same material as their blades.

The Murlocs:
These "nephews" of the mur'guls are a bit less civilized. They're leader, Gur'Hal, is more hostile then queen Taunta, but he also is a good murloc. However, since the murlocs have been entering the mur'gul lands for their own safety, Gur'Hal has been more hostile then ever, the mur'guls think this comes because Gur'Hal has tasted the taste of blood. Unlike the mur'guls, the murloc wear no masks, and have shields made of coral and wood mixed by sea giant blood. The murloc use two forms of the mystic magic, shadow and poison. Murloc magicians use poison to cripple their enemies, and murloc warriors use shadow magic to stealth and crush enemies from behind.

The Makrura:
The "water snail" creatures. The makrura use there hammer shaped fists to crush oponents, and easily make them unconsious. The rare ranged makruras shoot strange spikes and use the mystic magic form nature and the elemental form water, both for good and bad things. The makrura never really were hostile, but since the new leader has come, and created a fellowship for the stronger makrura, the makrura have become dangerous creatures...

The Sea Drake:
These water dragons are one of the most powerfull creatures on the island. They have dangerous poison breath, and know all the elemental and mystic magic forms... The Sea Drake have been in war with the Eglas for a long time, since the Eglas have accidently destroyed Sea Drake eggs.

The Eglas:
The bird creatures are powerfull and greatly civilized. They know earth and air magic, and live in groups. With their sharp beaks they can destroy almost everything, but recently they have been driven back, because the murloc have entered their areas.

The Halgar:
Powerfull volcano creatures, wich can stand up to any heat. They live in the volcano caves. They have created great weapons from unique materials found only inside the volcano caves. The Halgar are friendly, but if you enter their caves, they will do anything they can, do wipe you out.

The Ghosts
Not much is known about these creatures. They wander around SpiritVale, attacking all they see, no one understands them, as they speak in strange languages.

Trinities:
These special half horse creatures are more civilized then the Eglas, but still don't know how to create great weaponry. Recently, the Trinities have divided in five different groups, since they fight over who is the upper god. The Trinities all believe in the gods, but all think that a different god is the upper god. They have divided in the groups:
Fireproof Clan ~ Fire
Earthin Clan ~ Earth
Typhoon Clan ~ Water
Stormderas Clan ~ Air
Trant Clan ~ Nature
The groups all know one form of magic, and believe in the god of that magic. The Trinities are all friendly creatures to all but each other. Only the Stormderas and the Trant groups are still allied with each other. The Trinities are very powerfull creatures on the island.

We currently need ability ideas.

Creators of Unknown Island:

Quauhtli
Story, Quests, Units, Heroes
Personal Message:
I hope this game is going to be great!

Aasimir
Triggering, Featuring, Extras
Personal Mesage:
Keep... Doing.. Stuff...

Joowna
Terrain, Music, Doodads
Personal Message:
~

Special Thanks:

radienx0000
Lots of Ideas
Personal Message:
~

Denkmax
AI
Personal Message:
~

Überplayer
Abilties
Personal Message:
At least the abilties are gonna be fantastic!

Thanatos_820
Search-An-Idea thread
Personal Message:
~

For all you still with a ~ just tell me what your PM is.

Unknown Island is a RPG game.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
quauhtli said:
The story begins:
"You wake up, badly wounded, not remembering anything that has happened, exept for a two things.
You were on a ship, travelling to the Eastern Kingdom.
You were a squire of the Stormwind army.
Oddly you do not recall there being someone else on the ship.
You dont recall sailing the ship yourself... You decide to explore the area around you. As you look over the sea, you spot a ship - probably yours - but strangely it doesn't look like a storm broke the ship, it looks more like a seamonster or something has broken it. Suddenly you recall that there were other people on the ship, and that someone mentioned something about a beast called... The Kraken... You decide to rest and think about this all..."

This strange event happens to a soldier of the Stormwind army.
After resting, he remembers what he whas- a warrior, ranger, magician, rogue or priest, in wich the game starts. Here you get to pick your class, and start the adventure.

MapMakers:
Quauhtli: Terrain, Story, Objects, Heroes, Triggers
Aazimir: Story, Objects, Triggers (main trigger creator), Extra Features
Joowna: Terrain, Story, Music

This game is a RPG

Dude did you just post in all colors? You just killed me eyes man...
I would read through it if it was in plain black. But I like the story. Sounds good :)

A

Aasimir

First of all-- about the colours. He's just obsesive compulsive about it. i'll beat it out of him. Im not really working on story, but i suppose that means that we have't finalized it. We have a general idea of what we want to do. Terraining, im sorry but i have no idea what is going on there, and dont really want to. I just want it to look good. So hopefully that's what will happen. Objects, im not too sure about either. They haven't even mentioned it to me, and as i am making the template for the map im actually doing all the objects!

Lastly, i am exceptionally stubborn and will only let this project die for money(go on).

A

alzidaney

The story seems good. If you can pull it off well then it'd be awesome.. Make sure you include a cinematic on that little introduction aight? :)

And for heaven's sake, stop that colours thing. -_-

spyre03

Reaction score
Just right click drag and highlight the text to see it clearly.

I think if all those people who want to make RPG gather and make ONE good RPG togather, it will be cool.

P

Pawnable

When you highlight the orange text, it turns off-white. :mad:

Azedenkae

Reaction score
The story begins:
"You wake up, badly wounded, not remembering anything that has happened, exept for a two things.
You were on a ship, travelling to the Eastern Kingdom.
You were a squire of the Stormwind army.
Oddly you do not recall there being someone else on the ship.
You dont recall sailing the ship yourself... You decide to explore the area around you. As you look over the sea, you spot a ship - probably yours - but strangely it doesn't look like a storm broke the ship, it looks more like a seamonster or something has broken it. Suddenly you recall that there were other people on the ship, and that someone mentioned something about a beast called... The Kraken... You decide to rest and think about this all..."

This strange event happens to a soldier of the Stormwind army.
After resting, he remembers what he whas- a warrior, ranger, magician, rogue or priest, in wich the game starts. Here you get to pick your class, and start the adventure.

MapMakers:
Quauhtli: Terrain, Story, Objects, Heroes, Triggers
Aazimir: Story, Objects, Triggers (main trigger creator), Extra Features
Joowna: Terrain, Story, Music

This game is a RPG

There ya go. Good ol' black n white

BTW, I agree with spyre03. There are already a lot of rpgs being created out there, and each people lack things that others can do (some people lack everything though...), so if all rpg making people come together, they can share ideas and stuff, which would make the map better...

A

Aasimir

alzidaney said:
The story seems good. If you can pull it off well then it'd be awesome.. Make sure you include a cinematic on that little introduction aight? :)

And for heaven's sake, stop that colours thing. -_-

Oh, we are having that goddamn cinemtaic, dont you worry. I really want a friggin' Kraken in there. Much excitement about that mfer.

Also, this map will attempt to have as much crap crammed into it as possible. Two of the things we already have is a third-person camera view and a perfect keyboard control system.

J

Joowna

Next update:

Triggering has got further, we already have 1/4 basic terrain part with some better highlights made into it.

And im going to make the theme song tommorow ( if i have the inspiration :p )

A

alzidaney

Two of the things we already have is a third-person camera view and a perfect keyboard control system.

Keyboard control.. Awesomme.. Is it available here? Or can you donate it? :)

A

Aasimir

You want those triggers?...... well, i cant give it to you. But i can give you a very useful finding hint. Go to the tutorial section of www.w3campaigns.net .... maybe almighty arrow controls is for you...

A

Aasimir

i jsut thought i'd show you lot some of the complex idea's work going on here...

Yeh, Murloc vs. Mur'gul.
It'll be a bit like horde vs. alliance... will be fun.

yeh.... "deep"

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Okay - so everyone stay attuned for new updates, just always check post no.1

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Whe are all working very very hard :rolleyes: and our map is realy cool :cool: so ... okay... hehe
Also, if you want YOUR name in the Special Thanks, submit some ideas and perhaps yours will be chosen :)

radienx000

Reaction score
Hey I got a quest to add,

The Sea Witch returns:
After Thrall escaped with the Darkspear Trolls and the Sea Witches' minions fled at the chance, she returns to find recruits for her Army of Sea creatures. She found an island...
The Murl'gus and Murloc's new found alliance has been threatened by the arrival of the Sea Witch. After the traitorious Murlocs fled from her, she found them with the Murl'gus and now has given them a thin line chance, will they again join the Sea Witch or will they stay with their new found allies?
The Murl'gus seek help from their ally the mysterious person who survived from the shipwreak, to help them assasiante the Sea Witch.

The Naga invasion:
The Naga seek to find a land base for an operation to conquer Azeroth! They found the island and now you must warn the Murl'gus, Murlocs, and Marukas of their invasion, for if they conquer the island they will summon an enity far more stronger than anyone ever compriehened...
This means they will attack Stormwind, the Alliance and you will not let that happen. Search for more allies, gather your forces, there is an ancient power on the island that the Titans locked away...

The Call of Destiny:
All your allies have used all their forces to try to stop the Nagas, not even that is enough.The Naga has calm the ancient artifact an now summons their God, time is of the essance! Than suddenly, the ancient Sea Dragons came to destroy the summoning spell, this is your chance to save Azeroth!

The Unknown Truth:
You are famous in the island, everyone heeds your call, but not outside of the island... Wondered why you were the only one who was shipwreaked in the Unknown island? Why didn't anyone survived? Legends say there is an orcale hidden in the island, he might know the answers you seek...

Quauhtli

Reaction score
oh my god... you've got some great ideas but im sorry, this just does not fit in with the story, but ur last quest could perhaps fit in. I shall discuss further with my coleagus or however u write that stupid word :banghead:

Quauhtli

Reaction score
good nice idea, radienx0000
your fourth quest (Slitely changed , well slitely?) has been a little copied
you have been added to Special Thanks, check post 1

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.