Unrecognized Hashtable Functions?

Karst

Reaction score
I have a question also sort of relating to this. How do I get NewGen world editor to recognize newer functions, that is to say those relating to hashtables. Right now they are unrecognized and produce syntax errors upon saving. I have what I assume are the latest versions of NewGen and JassHelper, .5d and 0.A.2.B respectively, and TFT 1.26 of course.

Dirac

Reaction score
I have what I assume are the latest versions of NewGen and JassHelper
I guess you assumed wrong. Are you opening your map with NewGen isntead of WE? Remember that double clicking your map might result in opening the normal editor unless you tell windows to open maps with NewGen as the default application for that type of file

Karst

Reaction score
I guess you assumed wrong. Are you opening your map with NewGen isntead of WE? Remember that double clicking your map might result in opening the normal editor unless you tell windows to open maps with NewGen as the default application for that type of file

So what are the newest versions then, if those aren't?
And no, it isn't the normal editor. All the usual additional functions are available, and pre-1.24 Jass script is recognized and autocompleted normally.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You do indeed have the newest version of JASSHelper, but I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. Have you gone into the JASSHelper tab and actually checked to see if it's using the updated version, to be sure it's correctly installed?

Also, just an FYI, always post a new question in a new thread. I'm just going to move these posts to a new thread for now, since there's already activity.

Karst

Reaction score
You do indeed have the newest version of JASSHelper, but I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. Have you gone into the JASSHelper tab and actually checked to see if it's using the updated version, to be sure it's correctly installed?

Also, just an FYI, always post a new question in a new thread. I'm just going to move these posts to a new thread for now, since there's already activity.

Thanks for the elegant de-merger.
I have checked the infotab, and reinstalled both Warcraft and NewGen and JassHelper. Is there something else I could have done wrong?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you replace the executables in /bin?

Karst

Reaction score
No, that may well be the problem. Replace which executables with what though?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The JASSHelper executables should be updated in NewGen/JASSHelper, NewGen/JASSHelper/executables, and NewGen/bin.

krainert

Reaction score
In my installation, similar versions, there is no NG\jasshelper\executables directory, and there are no jasshelper.exe and clijasshelper.exe in NG\bin. Creating the three and copying the two latter into the former didn't solve the problem for me (same problem as OP). Acquiring common.j and Blizzard.j from war3.mpq within my Warcraft III install dir and copying them over the ones in NG\jasshelper didn't work either.

Karst

Reaction score
In my installation, similar versions, there is no NG\jasshelper\executables directory, and there are no jasshelper.exe and clijasshelper.exe in NG\bin. Creating the three and copying the two latter into the former didn't solve the problem for me (same problem as OP). Acquiring common.j and Blizzard.j from war3.mpq within my Warcraft III install dir and copying them over the ones in NG\jasshelper didn't work either.

^This. The only exes in the /bin folder are exehack.exe, logd.exe, w3jdebug.exe and worldedit.exe with no icon. Does one of these somehow need replacing?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
In my installation, the jasshelper executable files are all in jassnewgenpack5d/jasshelper/. You are supposed to replace these executables with the newer ones from the update. You should know if the update worked, if you are asked if you would like to replace the older files.

Karst

Reaction score
I have replaced the JassHelper executables and the infotab confirms it is 0.A.2.B.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Do you have two installations of WarCraft III (an older one without hashtables, and the latest, or something like that)?

Karst

Reaction score
^That. To summarize again, I installed and patched up TFT, downloaded and extracted NewGen, and replaced the executables in NewGen/Jasshelper with the ones from 0.A.2.B.
If that's all you have to do, I can't see how anyone wouldn't have this problem.

Dirac

Reaction score
Well happened to me that NewGen was conflicting with my anti-virus, because NewGen itself is a virus. It poped out some error regarding some file called "wehack.lua" lucky me this problem was well known and fixed it looking for it around the internet

Karst

Reaction score
I've heard of this problem but it seems only to conflict with Kaspersky. I use avast and I've never heard of or experienced such problems with it. Also there is no error message or anything, it's just that newer functions aren't recognized.

krainert

Reaction score
ESET Smart Security complained when I first downloaded NewGen, but then I added an exception, and I haven't heard from it since.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.