System Virtual Equipment

Reaction score
I don't know why Andrewgosu just graveyarded it at first view. He should of let you at least view his comments.

Anyways, nice system.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Still want to know why this got graveyard-ed and what needs to be done to be approved?

Reaction score
Bringing this back from graveyard, as it is being updated.

As far as I remember, graveyard was meant for projects that did not get aprroved and were not updated for a while.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I don't like posting my code because the last time I did a moderator edited my post.
Highly unlikely.

Post the code.

And upload the test map to the first post (Nobody really cares about the ancient versions - So just the latest one).

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
> I don't like posting my code because the last time I did a moderator edited my post.
Highly unlikely.

Post the code.

And upload the test map to the first post (Nobody really cares about the ancient versions - So just the latest one).

Putting the older maps up there helps people who want to learn how this works. If I implement a faster technique in doing something for the map, I won't explain out what I did in detail in a post, I'll just say I made it faster. Someone who wants to know how will look at the most recent version and the previous version to compare. I think its better to have older version readily available for people to learn from.

And yes my post was modified, it even had the tag which shows when someone edits it at the bottom of the post with the person's name in it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you leave the slower, crapper versions there so people can "learn from them"?
Why would people want to learn from the worse resource? ¬_¬
If you want people to learn from your code, put comments in it.

Congratulations on your post being modified.
I don't think the code was removed though.

And, as I said before; upload the demo map to the first post.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
So you leave the slower, crapper versions there so people can "learn from them"?
Why would people want to learn from the worse resource? ¬_¬
If you want people to learn from your code, put comments in it.

This is how people do it in the real world. You have previous version for several reason, one of which is to learn from what you've already done. What you're telling me is if we come out with a better engine for a car, to burn all the documentation previously to designing an engine, why? Some better things are created through derivations of older ideas and techniques. If I have an algorithm in my map to search through some of my data and that has a complexity of O(n^2) and I can get it down to O(n log n) that's a massive benefit. Now, not many people will probably understand or even appreciate what that means, but for those individuals that want to learn how to increase their functions efficiency and speed I leave my older version there.

Perhaps I make a change from using a ton of globals to just a few and someone wants to know how that happened, they can look at it, the differences are there.

If someone was using an older version in their map and it was working just fine, then they implement the new version and everything goes to shit that's a problem. Especially if the individual didn't create a backup of their map. The older version have a reason. They aren't hosted on this website so they aren't taking up any space.

And, as I said before; upload the demo map to the first post.
I've read the posting rules...
Upload the map as an attachment rather than using some file hosting site. It probably wouldn't take much of your upload space and this way you can be sure that it will stay up as long as the site itself is.
...and I don't exactly wish to do that. Sure it doesn't take time but sometimes TheHelper site is down, it was down yesterday when I wanted to update my post. I've been here on numerous occasions where the site is rather slow as well.

First: I've never had any complaints by anyone about linking them to an offsite place. I use DropBox and it is completely reliable. The link to the changelog is directly to the changelog file in my DropBox folder. I never have to re-upload it when I make changes, it always changes that file and always links to that same file. The second I hear someone having an issue getting my map or using my link I will start uploading the map on TheHelper.net.

Second: The attachment only allows a 1.91 mb attachment. The next version I have I'll make sure to just import a bunch of shit into the map to make it a 1.911mb file so it can't be uploaded. You have an attachment system yet it doesn't allow for the maximize size of the WC3 map (on Battle.net)?

Third: There is no user agreement or terms of service with using the attachments that I can read to agree with how my map is stored on TheHelper.net or how it can be used.

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you Romek, but open your eyes and don't follow things to blindly. What I do works, you might not like it, it might not follow the rules, but it works just fine. Give me reasons as to what I'm doing is wrong with sound logic and I'll stop.

Oh and Version 1.0.5 has been released. This version is less stand alone and it takes many of the systems from my RPG Framework. If you want the more stand alone version of the map please download Version 1.0.4a. Guess this is why I have older versions listed too huh?

SpartanWho

Reaction score
Okay, I'm gonna seem like an idiot but I haven't found a way to get Jass to work. When I try to run my map there are no player slots available. Then, when I try to start a game it just loops back to the "Map Select" screen.

Anyways, this is probably something incredibly easy to fix, but I haven't found anything that tells me how to use this. I'm completely new to Jass, so I have NO idea what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance for the advice,
SpartanWho

P.S. Huge props for the system.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Could you pls post some code? Well I don't really wanna dl every resource just to look at the code..

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Could you pls post some code? Well I don't really wanna dl every resource just to look at the code..

I don't post code on systems like this because it's broken down into multiple triggers.

Oh yea and theres a limitation on how much text can be in a single post....

Yes this is an old system, if there are any bugs about it let me know.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I don't think this code is 1.24 compatible, as when i try to test the mao in newgen(after i save) it leads me to main menu,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.