• Beautyfull work there

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Sounds absolutely marvelous

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Thx for the post wraith, as for the first part, I was kinda rough in the part, with instantly I meant that it will start almost in combat, roughly 1-2min before, and then the first combat will be simple so on can get used to the abilities, then harder, harder, harder.

As for abilities not being leveled is kinda what all posting has been about, and I will probably add abilities and upgrade them through events instead of your hero leveled you get a skill, HP and Mana pools will be what they are and be boosted by items.

As for the second comment, you do realize that the example there is the final battle of the first chapter, it's supposed to be really hard and if one hasn't gotten around to learning the abilities by then they'l have to do it real quick.

. Take a look at the warcraft 3 premade campaigns

As for this, the only thing I like about these campaigns is the story, otherwise they are tedious and dull, no real intensity, and sure there might be some harder ones, but basically you can win one by just taking it slow building your army to the max.

Much love on posting your input

//==GooS

Edit: Added some screenshots to the first post.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the inside. You'll need custom models to be made, though, and probably a custom tileset too.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Terrain looks good but don't you think the units are alittle too small..?

No I do not, unless you are talking about the swarms of flies, which are just a doodad ;)

I can't wait to see the inside. You'll need custom models to be made, though, and probably a custom tileset too.

Of the Hive :D? Indeed I need custom models, most needed as I can see it atm is Prophets Skeram (http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Prophet_Skeram) and the Anubisath (http://www.wowwiki.com/Anubisath).

Later on work I might need would be Ossirian/Horusath and a model of C'Thun as an eye, I could just go with Forgotten one so it's not a necessary model.

Good things but not needed would be Obsidian Destroyer (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=15338) a remake of the wc3 one that does not stand on a statue base and has a walk anim.

As or tilesets I'm making thoose myself and so far they are looking good :)

PS: A unitlist will be up later tonight or tomorrow that also holds altered Armor/Damagetype tables

PPS: Still not sure if I wanna throw myself into this project, more inputs are extremely wanted, as for now I'm making a kinda 'template' map that holds all custom data used in most of the maps.
Please use the Poll :)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Not the units, I mean the environment. Like the purple walls that are made of bug... lol... and the beehives and stuff.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Yeah, I said that I'm working on the tilesets "made out of bug" ;), as for custom doodads they would be nice put really, you can do many things with the existing ones.

But a doodad i'd really need is a tentacle that doesn't move, like just has a slow pulse and not so many spikes sticking out of it.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Hmm, but what about the walls of the tunnels?

Since I've edited miscdata raise and lower can go really steep, so I'll use thoose as walls with a custom tileset and it should look fine :)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Since I've edited miscdata raise and lower can go really steep, so I'll use thoose as walls with a custom tileset and it should look fine :)

How steep is it? 90 degrees? Other than that, this map looks awesome. I don't agree with Ghostwind about the choosing your abilities because that would make it look like a RPG or something. The terrain looks very good, I don't see any improvements there so good luck. +rep.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I know what miscdata does, silly, I'm a terrainer :p

But it only lets you go to around 85 degrees, and that's only if you set the height difference between two tiles to the maximum the editor can support (about 2400 units). And making walls that high is stupid. I suggest you get models for the walls, I really do. At least try to get them.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
How steep is it? 90 degrees? Other than that, this map looks awesome. I don't agree with Ghostwind about the choosing your abilities because that would make it look like a RPG or something. The terrain looks very good, I don't see any improvements there so good luck. +rep.

85 degrees, as said by ghostwind, thx for the rep, compliments and input ;) hopefully there's still a chance people will come in and use the poll :)

I know what miscdata does, silly, I'm a terrainer

Sorry *ashamed* :)

But it only lets you go to around 85 degrees, and ond 8that's only if you set the height difference between two tiles to the maximum the editor can support (about 2400 units). And making walls that high is stupid. I suggest you get models for the walls, I really do. At least try to get them.

Yes indeed, I'll see if I can find any usable, or if I can find any modeler to whip em up ;)
But my first thought was lower the, or raise around the, path needed, then but abyss tiles around, not seeing the actual 'wall' but only the first raising before 'em.

Parsimony

Reaction score
NO HIGH OVERLORD SAURFANG?! HE SHALL GRIND YOUR TINY SKULLS BENEATH HIS TOES! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-----

No srsly.

The terrain looks awesome, and it has a nice storyline.(which i really can't credit to you. lol.) The missions sound quite epic, even without the Almighty High Overlord Saurfang and his Horde of manliness.

This project sounds quite promising. Good luck! :thup:

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
NO HIGH OVERLORD SAURFANG?! HE SHALL GRIND YOUR TINY SKULLS BENEATH HIS TOES! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-----

No srsly.

No Saurfang, was thinking about it, but in the end it was a no go.

The terrain looks awesome, and it has a nice storyline.(which i really can't credit to you. lol.) The missions sound quite epic, even without the Almighty High Overlord Saurfang and his Horde of manliness.

This project sounds quite promising. Good luck!

No creidts to me on storyline concept, but rephrasing (phrasing) and what I do with it ingame can be credited to me ;) (it wont be like WoW, bosses, war effort etc.)

Great that you seem to like it ;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Bump.

Ok, so as it is now I got a buttload of time to kill, so after finishing a texture I'm thinking of starting this project up.

However, I would like some more feedback, so post your hearts out, anything from hate for the concept to love.

//==GooS

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I've only got generic feedback....

I don't particularly like WoW (ok ok, I think it's absolute rubbish) but it seems that you are drawing from it's better aspects. I love desert themed anything, from anime and movies right through to games, so instantly your map gained my attention and to do the desert terrain so well really impressed me.

The intensity of the gameplay sounds exciting, and with 15 minute bursts of action it sounds the perfect length. Anything shorter would feel like it's over too quick and if it gets much longer then it would make losing and starting over more pain then it's worth. Aiming for an 8 hour duration seems like a possible and acceptable goal too.... the last few commercial games I bought I finished within 3-4 hours which was a bitter disappointment in all cases.

The campaign list you've provided in the first post also seems like it's a great idea for a warcraft campaign, providing you keep the mission storyline and map theme running throughout the individual maps. It's good and all to read about the missions your planning but if they don't translate to the actual game correctly it'd be a killer. I hate maps where all of the story is in a mission summary at the start of the map, and then all the actual game consists of is the player killing everything on the map. Judging from your terrain screens tho, I assume you have an eye for detail and this wont be a problem when it comes to the actual scenarios.

Good luck with it and good luck with killing that Butload of Time

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's great that you decided to work on this again. I was wondering what happened to it.

The missions look very well planned out, and of course I will enjoy it because I'm a lore buff. The terrain looks great as well.

Keep it up.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Edit - Update:
- Added most Night Elf units.
- Added most Silithid units and one Qiraji
- Added unit abilities of the Night Elf
- Added some upgrades/equipment for the Night Elf

Thx MurderMode and wc3shady.

If I really make it through to the end I assure you MurderMode that it will be as detailed as I can make it.

shady, I had some other things to take care of, but now I'm even more exited about this project.

More posts are more than welcome!

//==GooS

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update:
- Added some more units
- Added some more storyline
- Added some abilities the Silithid will use, but most is object editor ATCA and PAS.

//==GooS

PS: I love answering questions and hatemail FYI ;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Update:

Code:
[B]-[/B] 2 new heroic named units introduced
      These two will be human and dwarf, they are not quite as epic as heroes, but
      better than common units. The Dwarf will be as the unit dwarfs a tank (high 
      defensive capabilities). The Human will be support, Crowd Control and likewise.
      (Will update post with these two shortly)

[B]- [/B]1 new hero, Meiana Darkstar that will play part of my story in chapter 3

[B]-[/B] I've opened my eyes and now see that purchasing your units is a good thing and 
having them staticly given to fit me, is rather dull so, in most missions which start 
from a camp or likewise will allow you to choose which units you want based on 
supply limit.

And god do I want to know who voted "Sounds real booring" without even posting a comment telling me why. :/

//==GooS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.