Warcraft 3 Idea Subforum

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
If you go around the world editor help zone, a good quarter of it is endless 'looking for spell/item/hero/map ideas'. Which isn't necessarily bad, but it seems that these threads keep getting made because the posters don't go and search through the past pages.

So, I was thinking that there could be a Warcraft 3 Idea forum, where people could jot down their ideas or make their own. The Hive has a similar subforum but its for maps only.

I think it would be nice for those looking for ideas, so there's less of the same old idea threads over and over again. Not to mention it would be helpful to the community, as often it is hard to find inspiration for certain aspects of a game.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
So you want a forum to post your Ideas, then have someone steal them?
Or give them on purpose to somebody.

You know, Some people don't mind alowing other people use their ideas. And most of the time they are to busy with other things to do all of their ideas anyways.

Forsakener

Reaction score
Ideas are ment to be shared. Plus anyway Idc they are just ideas to make warcraft better.... Like if you have a cool idea for a trigger to create a effect. then I would post it so other people can see it and learn from it.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
So you want a forum to post your Ideas, then have someone steal them?

Well that would be expecting the worst of everybody.

If such a forum was made I would imagine most people would go to request ideas, such as what's done in the world editor help zone, or to submit ideas and ask how they are.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
If you post your ideas your intending for people to take them, not steal them. Stealing would be someone unknowingly take ideas or items of yours.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you want to "give certain people ideas".

Private message more please.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
If you're discussing a topic, then the topic should be discussed in the thread providing the topic... unless you're talking about a personal argument or something...

Daskunk

Reaction score
If you want to "give certain people ideas".

Private message more please.
How I understood it, It would be for putting out ideas for anyone to take, or requesting ideas (Like spell ideas) which I see plenty of. Personally, I would hate to PM every member on the entire site to ask for ideas, or recieve many PM's like that..

EDIT: Btw, I think its a very good idea, too.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
How I understood it, It would be for putting out ideas for anyone to take, or requesting ideas (Like spell ideas) which I see plenty of. Personally, I would hate to PM every member on the entire site to ask for ideas, or recieve many PM's like that..

Agreed. But I don't think we need to add another forum to display our ideas so other members can use them. Maybe a guideline would help the members and staff know where ideas should go though. An example would be: "All threads containing a map concept that you, the thread poster, would like to share with members for their use should go in such-and-such forum."

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
A massive sticky thread with lots of gathered ideas from different threads sounds more acceptable than a new forum.

At least, to me.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
A massive sticky thread with lots of gathered ideas from different threads sounds more acceptable than a new forum.

At least, to me.

Well, At least till you can get a feel of what its going to be like. :rolleyes:

Daskunk

Reaction score

At least, to me.
Well, If it was used to ask for ideas as well, a thread wouldn't really work out too well.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

At least, to me.

I am trying to keep the number of new forums in the Warcraft area down. We should use Sticky Threads for stuff like this or maybe just one thread and if it gets wildly popular then we could do a subforum.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, If it was used to ask for ideas as well, a thread wouldn't really work out too well.

As I see it, the thread would be locked, so no spamming.

And it would be maintained every once in a while by somebody.

For adding new ideas or suggestions.

I guess I can take care of locking/unlocking the thread and keeping the spam away
as long as there is somebody willing enough to update it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.