warcraft movie!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
wow, ive heard rumors of a potential movie, but nothing accualy confiming it. I guess i've been behind :p

I think this movie will be pretty good, im a huge warcraft-everything fan :D

However, it's been said it's a live-action movie... Which may make it very wierd... If there is ever going to be a WC movie, it should be done in the amazingly beautiful cinematic graphics Blizzard has.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see :rolleyes:

I also hope that the plot is around arthas/illidan and what happened after tft. Becuase they already have that lore printed places, it would just be cool to see in a movie. And maybe they'll make a sequel to continue the story or possibly create new lore :rolleyes: I just hope they do a nice job... I read the Eragon/Eldest series and I thought they were awsome and the movie was one of the worst movies ive seen... So if they don't do a good job i'll go to Blizzard studios myself and... probably get kicked out... :D

Well...well see how it turns out

Asehujiko

Reaction score
How the f*ck are they planning to make a movie purely based on wow's "plot"?

This is a bad guy with no importance at all, this is a group of 40 random people and they want to kill the badguy but before that they need to fight 20 identical minions.

Should be either based on the old series or not at all.

Personal preference: WCII Lothar vs Doomhammer

esb

Reaction score
Well, if you guys have read the links, they don't have a plot yet, it will not be based on any Lore, that has currently been told.

And they don't do it themselves (blizzard) because they "are a video-game company" and not film makers. So they want to leave the film making, to the film makers.

Just read 1 or 2 interviews.

1)ark_Knight

Reaction score
well if thats the case... the movie is gonna suck :(

Filmmakers care about cash and nothing else, if they make a movie that they know almost every warcraft lover will go see at least once, then they don't give a crap whether the movie is done well. For anyone who has read "Eragon" and then gone and seen the movie will know what I'm talking about, becuase they are completely different.

On a side note... I just thought of something funny...
You know how for movies like star wars and LotR theres always a bunch of super-nerds at the opening dressed in according costumes and such; imagine this movie's opening night :eek: I see orcs...they're everywhere...

Asehujiko

Reaction score
it will not be based on any Lore

I now know more then enough about wether or not i'm going to see it. A big NO.

So they are going to copy a random movie, edit in a few green people and some long ears, put a warcraft stamp on it and pray it sells well.

1)ark_Knight

Reaction score
I hate filmakers that do that... why the hell can't they make a good movie just for the sake of making it good? Why do they just care about making a "warcraft" movie to make some money...?

They suck... I've been hoping there would be a well done WC movie someday, I guess I'll just have to keep hoping. I mean I know there isn't anyway to tell whether the movie will be good or not at this stage, but so far I'm moving towards: nope.

esb

Reaction score
Well what would you expect? Blizzard to make a movie based on what? They make WARCRAFT games (Starcraft and Diablo too) They chose Warcraft. They have been working on it since 2001 i think, i think it will be very well done.

M

MapMaker

Blizzard wouldn't release the movie until it is or almost perfect, they do thaT with their games when they dont meet expectations.

Besides I think Legendary will do a great job, they did make 300. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

A

Anggel

i would like to see it, i think a live action movie of it will be awsome.

K

kay.mart.56

sounds cool even though most movies that are based on a game aren't great.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Yeah well doom 3 was the only doom I ever played and liked, other than doom 1>.> and It came out after the movie, but then again, this is blizzard we are talking about.. No more has to be said

esb

Reaction score
Well, I think the only problem with the movie here, will be the lore.

If you look at just the Cinematics (No, not the one with triggers) of warcraft, they are pretty good considering that they don't specialize in that. Now if blizzard is to work with a movie company... nice.

Although I wonder if they are going to be 3d or real actors.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Well from what I read and saw, they will be using real actors. This in my opinion will be completely horrible. I am a huge fan of LotR and I believe they did and excellent job with those costumes. And even though those movies were so far off from the books, they still managed to make it into a great movie.

And guess what? I have a theory as to why.

Peter Jackson, the director of all of the LotR movies, wasn't a big famous director. In some cases you could say his movies were they ones that wouldn't even make it into theaters sometimes. When he was making LotR he wanted to make the best freaking movie he had the resources to, mainly because he wanted to be seen better in the public eye. And guess what? He has!

So I think when they are making this movie, make the director a guy who has made decent films, yet isn't too high on the radar. Chances are if he knows how BIG Warcraft is, he'll bring out a fabulous movie like Jackson did with LotR.

Now back to the WC movie....

i would personally like to see the movie(s) be on the lore. From the beginning, to the end. This way, those stupid people who make fun of people who play anything with the name Warcraft (I tell people I play WC3, they automatically assume it's WoW, and i get teased until I punch their faces in) will look at the movie and go, "Wow, that really is good. Maybe I should try playing."

And then we get to the major reason why this WON'T be a big piece of crap. Blizzard realizes that if people find the movie just amazing, they will most likely be more interested in the games. What happens then? Blizzard gets an @$$ load off money from all these new Warcrafters.

And I will bet anyone in this forum, that a week or to after they release the movie, a new Warcraft game will be released. That is my guess as to why it's taking them so long to do this movie. They want to have the game ready before they release it. I mean, it means more money for Blizzard, why not?

Well that's my...ten cents in :p

esb

Reaction score
Well, I'm sure as many people have stated, Blizzard won't release something crappy. Also, about the game, hhmmm they haven't done that in a while... (I know they haven't released a movie, but I mean they haven't released 2 things at a time) It would benefit them somehow I guess.

I just hope the lore of the movie isn't about DotA rofl I would burn everything I have that says War, Craft, and Warcraft.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I'm excited for the movie. Even though it may be rated "R". D: I really hope they'll manage a PG-13. If they don't I'd just have to live life depressed and suicidal until I'm old enough. xD Unless it sucks... =D
I'm also hopeful they'd release a new video game after the movie. Even if that may take a few months to happen... I'd love to play another War Craft game again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.