warcraft movie!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I know for sure SCII won't, Rob Pardo has said in various interviews they won't release SCII this year, maybe next year.

M

MapMaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSG2DiejFJ8

It's a video about the Warcraft movie from blizzcon. It's about 40 min long but I watched the whole thing.

I'm dissappointed that it's a year before WoW, 4 years after wc3, and they're using that stupid WoW lore, blood elves and forsaken allied with horde. And they're planing on it being about alliance vs horde. Probably nothing with scourge or legion.

Watch the video and tell me what you think about.

esb

Reaction score
BOOO!!!!
Blizzard is going down the drain hard.
Well I didn't see the whole video. I think it's lame they will make a movie about DotA... lol Pretty much that's it. But lets not discuss that. Other than that, either they said their info wrong, or pretty much it's just another day in WoW.
I hope I'm wrong... and I also hope they don't f*ck up SCII too!

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Well I watched the entire thing and I have a few things to say and some info to give...

1. I want to pie every person in that crowd who cheered when they said the movie was going to be live action. BLIZZARD ANIMATION FTW!
2. From what I heard, the movie will basically be based on how the Horde and the Alliance got into a huge battle again, instead of remaining at the peace Jaina and Thrall created.
3. The movie will be based on an Alliance point of view. This being the orcs are big ugly smelly things that praise demons, are allies with mutant cows, aswell and big nosed blue creatures with abnormally large teeth (which is far from the truth)4. The movie is gonna be made to please all the WoWers out there, not the original warcraft players

esb

Reaction score
Wow... pretty much it is just another DotA game with melee heroes :p

I do like Blizzard animation, but depending if they have good makeup/costumes/special effects, sure why not?

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>but depending if they have good makeup/costumes/special effects, sure why not?

Because with the animation you can still cast the original voices of all the characters.

With live actions and actors, if you do that, it'll prolly look like a poorly made Japanese - English film :p

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I am almost 100% sure that it will be cinematic, with peoples voices.
The reason i say that is because think about it, what is easier?
Making all the costumes, and then hiring actors ect
OR:
Just making the cinematics and doing the voices 0.0?

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I think for one, if the LEgendary Productions made 300, they can for sure make and enhance graphic for something like lord of the rings, adding to that, this is blizzard we are talking about, they first wont make something not worth our time, second make a cruddy japanese film and 3rd, they can but in like over a billion dollars in the project, meaning they will get the finest, costumes, the finest, graphics, the finest scenery, and the best cast, providing a movie that we will all like, the shall not let us down >.>

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Oh and this I forgot to say...

They are aiming to release in movie in 2009 T_T

esb

Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't like the 300 graphics. I did love the "monsters" (Like that big dude) but the rest seemed like it was an old movie.

M

MapMaker

The biggest problem I see is that the movie is for the Wowers and not the original warcrafters. WoW ruined warcraft. It even changed some of the events that happened in the earlier games, plus it's lore on it's own is stupid.

-Alliance and horde fighting again.

- forsaken + blood elves with horde (they were banished by Garithos's men but they have no reason to join orcs and fight humans.) (same with forsaken, why ally with races in another continent.)

-Danath, Alleria, turalyon, the gryphon guy, and khadgar living on Draenor (I could have sworn they went through the portal into the twisting nether right before draenor exploded) (war2 X)

- In Warcraft 3 the Draenei were dimented old guys (well not really). (In WoW they are shamanistic Eradars)

-The Draenei escape from Draenei on their spaceship and land in Kalimdor (WoW expansion)(So it goes from medieval-fantasy to futuristic-sci-fi)

Those are all the reasons that WoW ruined Warcraft, Well there are lots more.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Well in rise of the horde, the draenie really did escape from the burning legion, or at least the ones not power hungry, im not saying 300 graphics rule, but the type of story they are making can be seen by the intensity and the thought put into 300.

M

MapMaker

Well in rise of the horde, the draenie really did escape from the burning legion, or at least the ones not power hungry, im not saying 300 graphics rule, but the type of story they are making can be seen by the intensity and the thought put into 300.

Oh yeah, I remember reading that in the War 3 manual. But of all the times to retreat, why when the horde on Draenor was gone and it was controlled by Illidan who helped the Dreanei in War3 X.

Demonwrath

Reaction score
I agree with a few points you made on the horrible WoW, and would like to collaborate :D

1. Alliance and Horde fighting again.

Blizzard actually put a book out to explain this. Apparently the Burning Legion sent in creatures that took the shape of Orcs and Humans. The Human 'clones' went and attacked the Orcs, the Orc clones went and attacked the Humans, conflict started again, end of story, and completely retarded.

2. Forsaken + Blood Elves with Horde (they were banished by Garithos' men but they have no reason to join the Orcs and fight Humans.) (same with Forsaken, why ally with races in another continent.)

With the Forsaken, Blizzard is saying Sylvannas just allied with the Horde so as she could use them. Basically the Forsaken are allied with the Horde, to get rid of the Humans. The second all Humans lie as carcases, Sylvannas turns on the Orcs and everyone else, slaughtering them endlessly :)

For the Blood Elves, they apparently abandoned Illidan because he became one twisted crazy guy (apparently losing one battle to Arthas makes you mentally unstable). And since they hated the Alliance so much, they, like the Forsaken just joined the Horde to be rid of the Alliance. Only difference is that when the Alliance is gone, the Blood Elves peacefully leave (can you believe that :eek: )

3. Danath, Alleria, turalyon, the gryphon guy, and Khadgar living on Draenor (I could have sworn they went through the portal into the twisting nether right before Draenor exploded) (war2 X)

Yes this is really stupid and I don't really have an answer for it, but more or less a question...

If they escaped from the Twisted Nether as I guess Blizzard is trying to put forward, does that mean Sargeras can too? I SMELL A WOW EXPANSION PAAAAAAACK!

4. In Warcraft 3 the Draenei were demented old guys (well not really). (In WoW they are shamanistic Eredars) and the Draenei escape from Draenor on their spaceship and land in Kalimdor (WoW expansion)(So it goes from medieval-fantasy to futuristic-sci-fi)

Oh now you see our shamanistic guys are the lucky ones who avoided being tainted by the corruption of Draenor when it went kaboom. Lucky old fools, to have a space ship from out of nowhere with which to fly to Azeroth with too eh?

Now let me add in a few points:

5. Since it is an MMO, now no real character can officially 'die' they have a respawn setting set for the next time you enter a raid instance (ZOMFG WE CAN NEVER TRULY KILL THE BURNING LEGION!!!!!! :eek: )

6. I ALWAYS end up seeing some retarded 10 year old kid stripping his female character down and having it do her dance while he's doing you know what behind the pc screen T_T

7. IT IS NOT AN RTS!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(
I WANT ANOTHER WARCRAFT RTS GAME XD :( :( :(

esb

Reaction score
So... to the draenor thing. If the draeni came from another planet, which Azeroth has access to with a Dark Portal, that means the portal is like a ... worm tunnel?

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>So... to the draenor thing. If the draeni came from another planet, which Azeroth has access to with a Dark Portal, that means the portal is like a ... worm tunnel?

Proper term is wormhole but WC lore says yes

deloctyte

Reaction score
Concerining the Movie:
At BlizzCon (Wasnt there, just saw it in YT), they said thet the movie will be a war movie, set around one year before WoW began.
Now a war movie, according to their decription is around the lines of this (Or atleast this is how I interpreted it): Political tentions, then some bigass fighting. They said that some "old" heroes from the RTS games will be here, like Thrall.

There is only one noteworthy event that happened one year before WoW began, almost led out to all out war, and I know of. That is the battle of Northwatch in the book called the Cycle of Hatred.

The Draeni(Called Eredar back then) were living happily on the world of Argus, but Sargeas found then, and wanted to corrupt them(Why is EVERYTHING in WoW lore that's evil corrupted!? bah, nvm). He apeared in front of their leaders, and offered them great knoledge, power, IF they and their people follow him ( Didnt tell the whole truth, now did he? :p). Out of the three leaders (Archimonde, Velen and Kil'Jaden), only Velen wasnt sure of what to do. While the other two accepted the idea, and awated the comming of Sargeas, he got a message from the Naaru, that they fight in the name of the light against Sargeas, and told the truth to Velen. Velen, shocked to see Sargeas was an evil twit, grouped up his most loyal followers, the most ancient and magical item that the Draeni had, and, with the help of the Naaru, flew off into another world.
The only space ships (gawd I hate usning that when it comes to WoW lore) basicly opens a rift between itself and the other world using the twisting nether. It cant fly out of the atmosphere, it just hops from one world to the other, but with all of its passengers at the same time (unlike dark portal, where you have to walk through). also, it can hover. The first planet that they finnaly found safe from the Burining Legion, that, ofcourse wnated to kill them quite badly, they called it Draenor, renamed themselves draeni (witch basicly means Canctuary and Refugees in the Draeni language), and began to live next to the orcs, who were nice little shamanistic clans, only killing to eat, or to defend one's country. heh... little did they know, eh? :D

The Dark Portal is a connection point between Draenor and Azeroth... so yeah, you can call it a worm tunnel, if you'd like...

esb

Reaction score
Actually, doesn't Draeni mean Exiled?
And I just realized Archimonde and Kil'Jaden are draeni too :p

And the orcs and Draeni were peaceful before the orcs were corrupted. They traded stuff. (Read on WoWWiki)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.