warcraft movie!

E

eG_Vibe

im def. gonna see that but in a theatre far away from my house don't want friend to see me hehe

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
well, copy and paste from Wikipedia...

In May 2006, production company Legendary Pictures acquired film rights to adapt Warcraft for the big screen with the game's publisher, Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard had originally considered hiring a scribe for the film adaptation before teaming up with Legendary Pictures. The companies plan to create a film that would not follow any of the Warcraft games' storylines but still take place in the fantasy universe. According to Blizzard's Chief Operating Officer Paul Sams, the film's budget would be over $100 million.

In June 2007, Legendary Pictures chairman Thomas Tull said that the studio was working closely with Blizzard's designers and writers to adapt World of Warcraft. Tull explained the desire to have a good story for the film adaptation, "I think some of the stuff that makes a game translate well... if there's a lore, if there's a road and story and a world that's been created, and characters that are interesting in a way that's more than just point and shoot." World of Warcraft's lead designer Rob Pardo expressed interest in being able to adapt the intellectual property of World of Warcraft to the appropriate medium of the film. He also added that the designers were collaborating with Legendary Pictures on story and script development.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> not a WoW movie
Impossible to know considering...
> The plot is not out yet

Looking forward to it though :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
You know what after a WoW Movie lets make a roller coaster Tycoon Movie....

I'm jking but
I don't like the idea that much... But I most likely see it it

esb

Reaction score
Well, i really would NOT like to see the campaign in a movie, or WoW's mixed up lore, they should pass what happens with illidan and arthas, like After TFT, but then again, that would mix up the lord even more....

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
And why is that?

It would be lame, Warcraft the game for me is just mindless battling! Bunch of orcs smacking humans with axes. The movie might have a plot, which for me, would be disappointing (that was NOT sarcastic).
Normally I like plots, but Warcraft plots... Naw. Lame.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
You guys are crazy. I love Warcraft's lore and a movie of it would be terrific. The lore made the game for me. Not the mindless battling. (That helped though.) It would need Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children graphics to pull it off as one of the great movies though. (I had to say though twice even though it sounds awful. :D)

M

MapMaker

It would need Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children graphics to pull it off as one of the great movies though. (I had to say though twice even though it sounds awful. :D)

It's going to be a live action movie, not CGI.:D

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
They also have the rights to Diablo, and Diablo II: SOMETHING.
Which is gay, because it is illegal to make a movie titled "Diablo" now, because it is trademarked.

There is also "World of WarCraft the Movie" This is old news, they have trademarks on all of their products accept StarCraft(from what I know). But from what I know, Diablo and WarCraft will be the best(I think Diablo will be better) considering all of the books about them.

esb

Reaction score
Illidan will probably look like this:
Illidan_Sculpture.jpg

or this
IMG_0286.jpg

There's always other names for Diablo; Theres Devil, Satan, Satanas, Beelzebub, and many others :D

Hhmm... Diablo or WoW.... WoW has more variety, but Diablo has a more stable lore...

esb

Reaction score
Chris Metzen and I, however, for the last five years, have met with every studio and practically every production company on the planet and everybody of note, trying to find the right people. And we finally did.

GS: Five years? So for five years you knew that this was movie material. World of Warcraft has been out for how many years?

Wow, i guess they do want to release something good, since 2001. I have high expectations for the film, if they are to take this long.

But then again, Legendary are the guys that made Superman Returns and Batman Begins, so i have my doubts...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.