warcraft movie!

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
If it's a AvsH movie, it better be about the second war. Doomhammer ftw!

Sorry to disappoint you.

Blizzard has already released what the movie will be based on, and as I said, it is directed towards the WoWer and no tthe original Warcraft players.

Basically the movie is taking place 'a year before WoW began'

and it's just gonna be a big film full of fighting a crap

Total nonsense in my opinion

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So... 1 year before WoW... but after TFT... the Draeni didn't land here, there were no alliances of the bloodelves... WTF?!

Demonwrath

Reaction score
And there is gonna be some extremely retarded reasons for conflict, and all this will be from an alliance point of view

esb

Reaction score
Well, based on what we know about the Lore, it's going to suck. But at least we have some hope for the image (Costumes, special effects, etc.)
If they don't use f*cking spells during the whole movie, I quit warcraft and move to SCII. Thank god they didn't finish Starcraft Ghost... Lets boycott if they try to make World of Starcraft...

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>Lets boycott if they try to make World of Starcraft...

....don't even go there...

M

MapMaker

I just pray that when/if they make Warcraft 4, they will stick to the Warcraft lore, not WoW lore.

WoW lore= retarded

WoW= extremely retared

Demonwrath

Reaction score
>WoW lore= retarded

WoW lore isn't retarded!!!

What's wrong with you?!?!?!

....complimenting that crap....

M

MapMaker

>WoW lore= retarded

WoW lore isn't retarded!!!

What's wrong with you?!?!?!

....complimenting that crap....

WoW lore= World of Warcraft's mixed up retarded lore not real Warcraft lore from warcraft 1, 2, and 3 and inbetween and the past.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Better yet, WoW is Warcrafts little brother, who is trying to create its own game.

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Aye, heard of it. Don't think I'd be very interested in it other than seeing a death knight packing a load, that'd be sick as fuck. Hopefully they keep to just fantasy/action, and not try and do anything like comedy/fantasy, that'd be horrible. If it does come out, I think I'll go see it anyway.

I hope the dark scenes that they tend to keep with doesn't remind anybody of Harry Potter, that'd be bad.

S

SantaBla

It would be lame, Warcraft the game for me is just mindless battling! Bunch of orcs smacking humans with axes. The movie might have a plot, which for me, would be disappointing (that was NOT sarcastic).
Normally I like plots, but Warcraft plots... Naw. Lame.

So you're saying LOTR is a bad movie with orcs and humans fighting each other? What about the Warcraft novels by Knaak?

Yeah, I know this thread is old but the Warcraft Movie is an ongoing discussion.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
As far as i know nothing happened between year 6(counting from the opening of the portal) and 10. The strategic value of warsong gulch, alterac valley and arathi basin was not discovered by then, the draenei didn't land yet, the belves were still hiding in their land and naxxramas was still floating somewhere arround northrend. And the horde and alliance had a PEACE TREATY. Which only got broken once both sides realized that the others were planning something(the start of wow).

The only event i can think of in those 4 years is cycle of hatred, which happened less then a month after the founding of durotar(which, considering the naga presence, can be considred to have happened before the main campaign in tft).

So the only thing it can be about is some internal fight between 2 people(what i'm guesing a human and an orc) somewhere in one of the neutral cities.

The only released concept art(nordrassil) makes no sense whatsoever because the tree didn't exist at that point anymore(the placeholder in current hyjal is fake)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> the tree didn't exist
It did. It was never fully destroyed.
It was damaged when Archimonde was incinerated, yeah, but it immediately began to heal.
More info here.

Also the concept art isn't Nordrassil, it's Teldrassil, the new World Tree. Proof for this is that you can clearly see the water around it and Teldrassil is, as you probably know, located on an island.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I hope blizzard consider making a warcraft 4 game of the movie ( not wow !)

not all hope is out.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
one bad thing about the movie so far.. theyre making it +12 years, i more hoped for +15 :cool:

I hope blizzard consider making a warcraft 4 game of the movie ( not wow !)

not all hope is out. :eek:[/QUOTE]

sorry i pressed the wrong button

esb

Reaction score
The movie is after World Of Warcraft, they aren't sure if it's after or before the Dranei though. It will be from the point of view of the alliance (They thought the audiance wouldn't like it from a point of view of an orc)

It seems to be mainly about war. Yay, another raid...

deloctyte

Reaction score
The strange thing is, I always envisioned a warcraft movie with Thrall being the protagonist... They hyped him at the time of warcraft 3, it was evident... And look now, they want to go the alliance way...
...Anyways, lets hope that they dont screw up, and it will be "warcrafty" enough (and to answer your question, the movie is played between the end of TFT and WoW, they said it in the press release...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.