Weird Event

0WN3D

Reaction score
Actaully not a 'trigger' event but literal event... Yesterday when i was about to sleep i saved my file.... today somehow, the triggers are not activated and my game somehow become a somewhat melee game! All the triggers that should be activated at map initailization is not activated...:eek: Has anyone had this occurence before? and anyone can help me solve this weirdness...

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, I've come across this problem before :X it's called the Ghost in the Machine. Although WE is a seemingly powerful yet benign creation, it actually has a dark secret. It randomnly demands sacrifices to sustain it's power, and will every so often devour one of your maps, especially if you have'nt made any backups. For example, I have about 20 backups of the map I'm working on now, just in case this sort of thing happens.

Basically, your map has been corrupted for some reason and there's no way to return it to normal. You'll have to make all those triggers again, or make a new map. And remember to save often and use backups!

Your only hope now is to quickly go into your Warcraft maps file and find the map called "Test map", which is the last map that you tested, which if you're lucky, is the map that just crashed.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Well i checked my map today and it turned worse!!! Now im feeling that there is a virus in my computer but there is none based my Norton Scanner...
Now it does'nt even allows me to open my map or the TestMap thingy... I jus got a blakc screen... Here's the map ... PS: Don't think tat doing backup is really sensible as normally you will update your map and you nid to update ur backup a lot of times.... View attachment Map.w3x

DioD

Reaction score
you may use this as you like.

this is your map content extracted, you able to import it back to map step by step or copy directly to mpq. (import units, import triggers)

0WN3D

Reaction score
Import triggers... No Problem
Import Objects... I dunno how
Import Terrain ... Same as Importing Objects

Can you teach me how to do this 2?

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Import triggers... No Problem
Import Objects... I dunno how
Import Terrain ... Same as Importing Objects

Can you teach me how to do this 2?

First, export object data into files. Then import it. You can, thus, move quite a lot of things between maps, if you're ok with overwriting all the previous content on the receiving end of the procedure.

Triggers: open Trigger Editor -> File -> Export/Import Triggers
Objects: open Object Editor -> File -> Export/Import All Object Data
Specific Units/Items/Destructibles/...: select Units/Items/Destructibles/... -> File -> Export/Import Unit/Item/Destructible/... Settings

As for the terrain, I don't know. Last time I did that I just switched to View Entire Map (Advanced -> View Entire Map) on both the old and the new map, hid all the units, water, doodads and so on, selected the entire terrain with the light green option, and copy-pasted the world. Then re-did it with the doodads, btw. But it took a minute or so of patience. You need to refrain from shutting down the editor, it's just processing the big chunk of data you gave it.

0WN3D

Reaction score
I have totally imported the triggers, halfwway through the terrain... But one strange thing is that after i export the object data, i cannot import it back into the other 1... So i export unit, item , ability etc one by one.... But after i imported all of them, their name is weird. TRGER or something along that line... Their tooltip also says teh same thing...

0WN3D

Reaction score
Sighz.... I tried to import it and it says the strings are missing in new files, any ideas how to fix this?

0WN3D

Reaction score
I tried it a few times and it still doesn't work...
Guess i have to do it manually...
The following strings ID are missing in new files
Ty DioD for constant help...

Edit: Sighz!!!! I was half way editing it manually.... Then sudden a error pops out saying it worldeditor has to be closed.... I AM SOO UNLUCKY T_T

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.