What do you guys do when..

LearningCode

Reaction score
When you suddenly lose the drive to work on a map =/
O sat down on this computer wanting to finish at least half of my hero's spells (One hero).
But damn, I just opened NewGen, stared at the screen, and closed it =(

I don't wanna' be a lazy freak xD
So, any tips on getting back on my feet? o.0

(Yes, I realize that this thread is unnecessary, but, meh, you guys talk about a lot of serious problems, here's a problem with no right answer =P)

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Just take a break for a few days from it, come up with some sort of strategic plan of action for completing hero spells, then when you return do it. Segmenting the work is a good way to make things seem less endless.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Stay away from the map for a few days until more ideas come and the drive comes back. You can always switch your focus of work to something else as well, like editing items, Ai, making sure everything is leakless, trying to improve your triggers to work better etc...

But i'd suggest you quit for a couple of days x)

avalya

Reaction score
When I'm getting bored, I'd go away from my map a couple of days and then start working on something fun, in my opinion that is making advanced heroes with really amazing spells that just take hours to code, because the result is always so awesome.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Add something you don`t need in the map.

Like sound effects.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I felt the same thing. I just immeditaly started on a different map completely different from my main project (CoK).

A few days later I went back and it was fine :).

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Normally, when I lose my interest, I go DoTA-ing and HoN-ing a while. Helps, as too much DoTA and HoN can make you feel bored. Thus, you'll eventually come back to map making :cool:

werasd

Reaction score
Normally, when I lose my interest, I go DoTA-ing and HoN-ing a while. Helps, as too much DoTA and HoN can make you feel bored. Thus, you'll eventually come back to map making :cool:

HoN?

I would take a little days off. That's happening to me at the moment, and i just don't want to map. I'm taking a break.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
HoN?

I would take a little days off. That's happening to me at the moment, and i just don't want to map. I'm taking a break.

HoN = Heroes of Newerth. Oh yeah, another advice. Go catch a movie and come back. It helps :thup:

millz-

Reaction score
For my case, I lose the drive to make a map when I actually run out of ideas. I've already stopped mapping for at least 2 weeks lol. I think it's time to get maybe a partner, to help in map progress and also ideas.

LearningCode

Reaction score
Hmm..
I wanted to try LoL, but the server seemed to be perpetually down, gavve up.
As for HoN, I heard it was crappy, I mean, 'Taunt' function?

Also, Some people said I'd have to pay to play HoN, eww.
I'm a kid with no job xD

[EDIT]
Overkill with DotA sound like it might work, though..

icepig01

Reaction score
For me,
of course dont think of the map for few days/hours/weeks.
Do other important stuff . . .after that, it will make u think back of mapping. . . think of what you gonna add inside that map/ think of custom skill/etc.

Tht's me.
Confusing huh?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.