What Will Be Your First Mod?

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

Yeah, we're all leaving your Element TD by then.

EDit:

Just kidding.

I'll think of my mod soon. I'm guessing it'll be risk first.

Not much complicated triggering and balancing needed.

EDIT!!!!

The Tauren Marine is going to be included in the StarCraft II map editor.

Well, it looks like I have a map planned out already...

nardretor

Reaction score
For me, I will start the campaign first. Then finish it! Then... I'll start practicing melee games... I think I wont be making maps first. I Need to play!

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am definitely gonna make a SC2 Campaign styled multiplayer RPG, featuring different chapters on different planets (every chapter gets it's own map; since SC2 supports multiplayer map-linking).

Thought about it alot recently; since I got so much experience with vJass and programming because of Gaias Retaliation ORPG (And after all, the new scripting language won't be that different), along with all the new possibilities the SC2 editor provides, I will make sure to have the following things in my map:
- Aggro System ... however, this time I start it completely from scratch instead of using an existing one
- customized inventory system (I don't know how Blizzard will support us concerning that ... Think it takes some time to find the optimal solution)
- Local quests stored to players save codes
- story driven ... yes; I said it. No ORPG. Everything will be done via chapters (however, the chapters in itself will still give the opportunity to run around and do whatever you want ... The chapters are basicly planets with a main storyline and tons of side quests)
- Since it will be Sci-fi ... expect spaceship battles too.
- Ammo-System for guns, Laser Weapons, etc. - not just based on fucking vespin-gas magazines, but more like in Afterlife

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I was thinking of creating a crappy Dota map, just to mess with the guy(s?) that is making Dota for WC3, so that he/they would have to rename it to something silly like Dota: Allstars. =)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Hmm.

The editor promised for SC2 does sound ALOT better than the one for WC3, and the game so far is looking amazing.

If I get this game, I'd probably experiment and try to devise a new game-type, one that isn't some arena or maze map, but an actual game-type using similar mechanics to the normal game, but perhaps a different kind of objective as opposed to winning by eliminating your opponent. If the map turned out to be successful I would probably make other maps in different locations following different paths using the same game-type.

We'll see.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.