What would you like to see...

Mmage

Reaction score
I have an idea. Make a tower that gets powered up if itis attacked by a certain unit.
Also for the marrital system you should have to get the wife items. Like roses from a certain mountain or a ring washed up in a pond.

Idontknowyou

Reaction score
I think you have a few too many races......high elves dwarves and humans can be made into one, demons and undead can be just one.....

The Arcot

Reaction score
Nonsense. Ive already finished almost all the buildings and units for each race, and each one has it's pro's and cons.

And to clear things up, there isn't a marital system. Maybe in another version, or another map, but not in this one.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Nonsense. Ive already finished almost all the buildings and units for each race, and each one has it's pro's and cons.

And to clear things up, there isn't a marital system. Maybe in another version, or another map, but not in this one.

You could make one for the Heroes. And a Hero has a wife/husband, it gets a morale boost and gets extra hp, extra mana, etc.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Maybe. Right now the heroes are all 'generals'. However, once again, this wouldn't work for all races, and require a lot more thought in terms of balancing etc.
Not only stat and ability balancing, but difficulty balancing. Dealing with a spouse/children would add a whole other dimension to the game that some other players wouldn't have to worry about.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Theres a different race of animals.

And all treants (save for corrupted tree of life model) are being saved for the next version.

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Im right here for all yer ideas =P

For the Name, you will need to think of a few things first...
I was thinking of something in the Direction of,"Battle Architect" or something like that, you get it.

But...
1. You're going to post this on the web.
2. Nobody's going to look for Architect in the search engine of a Mod-Download site, now, are they :rolleyes:

So, call it something that will get many downloads, like, King of the Castles. Stronghold, Battle Forte. Etc.

For the Mod, Id do things like, every 10 minutes the Map does a check, for example :

Who has the most Buildings?

All players are displayed the text : Player 3 or <Player name> is High Ruler of the passing round, and is awarded <Amount of buildings x5 gold>, or a special builder/architect for special buildings/building upgrades!.

Who has the most Kills?

All players are displayed the text : Player 5 or <Player Name> is Sadist of the passing round and is awarded 10 specialized units. or special unit upgrades perhaps!

Who collected the most resources that round?

All players are displayed the text : Player 7 or <Player Name> is Bill Gates (lol) of the passing round and is awarded a special harvester (you can use Shredder, perhaps) or extra money every 2 minutes for 10 minutes(so that this bonus doesnt last whole game, but only till the round is finished)

You can also put in units like Kings, Bards, and other units from Medieval times to boost the Morale of your units, and the efficiency of your battles.

Try to be as Unique in your terrain as possible... I dont want to say it out loud for this is what making my mod's terrain above the rest. Ill mail my secrets to you. :)

I know, some of my ideas are :nuts:, but nonetheless awesome!! use these ideas and I gaurantee your mod will be respected above the rest.

Dont forget the +rep =))

*Edit*
Lol my bad, for the name DO NOT use the Name King of the Castle(s) after posting this I discovered that on the left (MVP maps) There already WAS a map entitled King of the Castle, which brings me to the reminder,"Go look up the name of the mod first!" Dont want no confusion there!
Peace out

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
1. i don't think you have explained clearly what this map is about, and that make talk about mariage and kidz..

2. how far are you

The Arcot

Reaction score
First, Nightshadow, thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to look into it :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to konerboy:

1) I've already said, it's an altered melee map, (but there are no gold mines and you don't cut down trees), similar to Medieval builder or LotR Builder. You start with a wisp unit, who is capable of building one of 7 (at the moment) structures, which will serve as your base of operations. Then you build a vast empire, fight to become the last nation standing.

2) Although the version I am working on is the 'Alpha', V0.2, I would say about 95% of terrain is done, as are all the standard buildings an units (except for a few generals, who I am still making abilities for). All I need now is a name, the opening cinematic, and a couple little special things (not that there arent some already) to make the game more interesting.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
heres two ideas
make like a Plague unit, and make it have the parasite ability
make the parasite ability last until the infected unit is killed or cured, and if the infected unit is killed, a zombie awakens, so the Plague can quickly multiply if you aren't careful :D

and, also, you should give buildings the Sacrifice ability to train soldiers
so, you use money and a villager to make an infantry men

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Nation Wars
Empire Wars
Dynasty Wars
Realm Wars
Dominion Wars
Territory Wars
Sovereign Wars
Tribe Wars
Colony Wars
Race Wars
District Wars
Turf Wars
Precinct Wars
Clan Wars

I dunno :p I just felt like using "Wars" a lot XP.

dondonda

Reaction score
I haven't got many names for you (maybe the Colossal Kingdoms or something),but i am also building a castle-builder type game right now and i found it surprisingly more fun to play if you edit the battle ground with paths and grassy/dirt areas to make it more of a genuine battleground. Also lowering the size of your units to about 0.80 and making them darker (not 255 in every color but like 140 or something). I know this will probably take awhile and its boring but it really brings out the cinematic and battlefield feel to your map.

The Arcot

Reaction score
yeah, most of the units are set to .80 scale and have a reduced collision size. I didn't think much about the custom tinting, except for a few units.

What do you mean about editing the battleground?

dondonda

Reaction score
Well tinting really does add to the feel of the units when you are ccontrolling them (and scale size), makes it very realistic. For the map terrain what I am trying to say is Mix up grass with dirt then put a brick path through it leading into a kingdom or something. Test it out in a few areas on your map, it really helped with the war-like atmosphere of my map.:D

if you have ever played a game called "war of the third age" or something you'll get what I'm saying.

The Arcot

Reaction score
oh yeah I see what you mean. Yeah I like to fancy myself at being pretty good at basic terraining, I tried to make it so that there are very few areas where there is just one type of tile all the way through.

I'll try and fiddle with the tinting, it sounds like a good idea.

dondonda

Reaction score
Well i hope it pays off:D, and maybe try putting in a few neutral hostile camps for armies to take over in the early stages,( thats if your including heroes, and if your map is large enough) and also hidden merchants in the woods and stuff always give the map an extra edge.

The Arcot

Reaction score
It hasn't come much farther, as I've been busy, but in reality, all I need now are the name and the cinematic (which requires me to know the name). The terrain is pretty much done though, unless I decide to touch up a few sections. I may also add a few more items or neutral units to the merchant trading post.

And Sevion, I thought I put up a reply but I guess not :p

I kinda like Sovereign Wars, but I'm somewhat reluctant to use a title with 'Wars' as it's rather common (Castle Wars, Pudge Wars, Tower Wars etc). Same goes with it ending in 'Builder', which would be the standard 'suffix' for this style of map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.