When it's fat, you can see a border line between your belly and blatter area,
normally you see it when you take your shorts off or boxers,
what do you call that line? and how do you get rid of it

I'm wondering if crunches or sit ups would

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Waist line?

Crunches and sit ups would definitely help, try doing cardio workouts to get your heart pumping as that burns fat.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Yeah, start getting up 20-30 minutes early and going out for a run before you eat. Since your body will have nothing to burn through, you'll definitely see a difference in a couple weeks.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Magical thing about working out, if you do it regularly every day (or even every other), what ever activity your doing will eventually call upon energy from fat deposits any where on your body where fat is abundant.

Running is good for that - burns fat, develops muscle and cardio, being tired will make you sleep better.

Frankly doing crunches or something specific to the movement of your abdomen is a big ol waste of time. Too hyperfocused.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Magical thing about working out, if you do it regularly every day (or even every other), what ever activity your doing will eventually call upon energy from fat deposits any where on your body where fat is abundant.

Running is good for that - burns fat, develops muscle and cardio, being tired will make you sleep better.

Frankly doing crunches or something specific to the movement of your abdomen is a big ol waste of time. Too hyperfocused.

yeah, it doesn't matter what you work out. Your body will take fat from everywhere to get energy. Swimming is one of the best work outs because you burn a lot of energy and it hardly stresses the body like running does. Just a suggestion.

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
Hooray a topic I know a lot about. :p
If you want to lose fat you are going to have to go down with your calories. If you eat less calories then you need your weight goes down easy as that. (To figure out how much calories you need daily use a BMR caculator and multiply the result by 1.2).

There is a problem however. While losing wieght you are going to lose some muscles. How do we ensure we minimalize the muscle lost?
1) Make sure you eat exactly 500-700 less calories than you need.
2) Make sure to eat a lot of protein (the ideal amount would be 1.5-2.5 * your bodywieght).
3) You should do running excersises 2-4 times a week every time for at least 20-40 minutes (depends how fast you are running).

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Get involved in a sport. (and if you are already in one, consider another)

Sports keep you in the best shape, generally without you realizing it.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Do up and down.

You mean like...oh nevermind! :D
Nah man, just keep yourself doing things that are physical and you'll have no problem staying in shape. If you want to get some tone, you'll have to work out though.

I need to do some stuff myself, I'm getting a gut. BLEH :mad:

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The lines that appear when you take off your shorts, underwear, pants, costumes or boxers, seems to be one of these lines:

1. The lines that you may see near the eyes when you get old, the skin creases.
2. The lines you see on your palm of your hand.
3. The lines you see on your arm, located where you bend your arms, the joint part.
4. Your stomach is too fat. Your clothes are too tight, thus having your skin pressed down towards your stomach, blocking out light, lacking vitamin D, making it darker and paler than the surround skins.
5. The Juggernaut.
6. A skin cancer warning sign.
7. A line where your skin folds inwards.
8. A line where sweat glands are mostly smaller than the surround sweat glands.
9. A line that's moist all year round, making it hard and bulky, but still soft enough to say it's a skin.
10. A line that appears after having a lot of beer.
11. A line known by females as the waistline.
12. A line that is normal for your belly button; it's the belly button that stretches your skin and making it wider, regardless of what shape your belly button takes.
13. A line that is defined as "The borderline of the abdomen and the hips."
14. A line regarded as "A sign commonly found in all males with big guts."
15. A rare case of skin crease that's itchy and painful, mostly containing bacteria and mosses.
16. A line that stretches out, probably due to the thinning of the skins, mostly seen in pregnant women.
17. A line drawn by hand, usually a marker or pencil.
18. A long patch of skin that takes the shape of your undergarments.
19. A patch of skin that hasn't been nurtured correctly.
20. A line containing mosses and bacteria; You haven't been cleaning your belly button for at least 3 weeks.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Uh, weight losing suggestions.. I must be here. :p

I don't really "support" working out.
Nor sports for that matter.
They are very time consuming, while the former is damn boring in the same time too.
The repetitive movements are very very very bad for your joints.

If you want to lose weight, and gain muscles, do natural things.
For example, alone or with your friends or girlfriend, go hiking.
Clean air, silence, and the movements are not repetitive, but they really require all your muslces in your body. It's very healthy.
If you aree more of a rough guy, you can try climbing.

For arm and back strength, chop wood.

The diet? The key is to avoid carbohydrates whenever you can. DO NOT EAT BREAD (or eat very little and rarely) or SUGAR (chocolate, cookies).
The "fat" of some foods is not serious concern. Eat meat.
Only eat when you are hungry, and eat veeeeeeeery slowly is possible. Drink every few minutes while eating, and if you are not hungry anymore, don't finish your meal, just because "ah if I already put it on my place why not".

Good luck. :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Find a physical activity you enjoy, and treat it as having fun. Not a chore. You will lose weight.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I do 50 sit ups every day before I go to sleep, it does a great difference and it helps you sleep better. Thing is, if you got too much fat on your stomach it'll look like you get fatter, which you don't, you build your muscles, so if you do you might wanna do some other exercises too.

I for one once had too much fat (I wasn't fat at all, but I was born with some fat on my hips (my whole family has it, it sucks) and I wanted it to become less) so I started doing the sit ups and I took some runs in the forest every weekend. Helped extremely much (the stuff on my hips got down to like 80%) and I feel better actually.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.