Who here who didn't play the original SC1, is excited about SC2?

KillerChi

Reaction score
I am. I read a Game Informer article, saw the screens, I was excited!
Even though I never played the original.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Me.

I tried it a few times after I heard about SC2, but I couldn't get into it. The UI felt a bit like Red Alert/Tiberian Sun games, that was one of the first things I noticed about it.

However, you could probably guess from my activity on the site that I'm mostly (not entirely ;)) interested in coding for it.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I am not. I played starcraft and Broodwar and I highly recommend it to you guys, who still haven't :) There are some quite interesting custom maps. You can even see the father of Dota :)

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I just bought starcraft and the expansion last night,and I'm sortof excited to play starcraft 2.:D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Me. Scumedit sounds kewl. :D

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i played starcraft a long time ago. all i remember was. wc3 was better, stick with that

Flatus

Reaction score
No because the fact of Premium maps.

You've probably understood it wrong just like all the spammers on Bnet forums :) It's not going to change anything else than that there will be more people trying to make really high-quality maps.

But uh, I've been playing SC since I was 10, so I'm not obligated to answer this thread x(

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Well, I am not. I played starcraft and Broodwar and I highly recommend it to you guys, who still haven't :) There are some quite interesting custom maps. You can even see the father of Dota :)

The Melee gaming scene isn't something to laugh at either. ;)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
For everyone that hasn't played the original StarCraft, I strongly recommend it. Go out and get the Battle Chest, it's like 20 dollars now.

The game play is a little different from WC3 and you'll have to get over the 2D graphics, but the game itself is Amazing, especially the story in the Campaign.

You'll also be better able to understand SC2 when it comes out.

No because the fact of Premium maps.

Then you're an idiot.

Tooblet

Reaction score
I've never played the original starcraft or brood war because when I first discovered RTS games Wc3 had just come out.

And I felt the graphix of sc1 sucked and I didn't really like the future element of it.
I still don't.

But I enjoy mapping so SC2 and it's 2 expansions is a no brainer to go get :D

SanKakU

Reaction score
I've never played the original starcraft or brood war because when I first discovered RTS games Wc3 had just come out.

And I felt the graphix of sc1 sucked and I didn't really like the future element of it.
I still don't.

But I enjoy mapping so SC2 and it's 2 expansions is a no brainer to go get :D

i felt the same way about warcraft rather than starcraft...

and now i play more wc3 than starcraft...but probably primarily because of the new editing features...sc2 editing is going to be amazing but even saying all that i love playing good old warcraft battles without customs...

even though i don't like that human > the rest.

sc2 will be balanced, unlike war3, so it'll be that much better of a game. you should check out sc even though you don't like the graphics...even if you just play the storyline...yeah sure the missions were boring compared to warcraft 3 but you'll get a feel for rts in general.

the units in starcraft always would die so easily but you could never let their deaths get to you too much and keep trucking on...in war3 oftentimes it's good to keep your units alive... this has a tendency to make war3 games last a lot longer than sc games.

anyway i think if you try to play rts starcraft 2 you should know that there's more destruction than in war3...but i guess it's because everything's so high tech.

so anyway since i've been mapping for warcraft and playin rts in starcraft i'll be ready in both aspects for starcraft 2. actually, i'm quite bad at starcraft, but good at warcraft. i think a lot of the difference is in the Actions per minute required.

to be good at sc, you had to be quite fast...like maybe 90 or more actions per minute. in warcraft 3, 60 is probably enough. sure, some of that may be because of the slower game speed...but not much of it...like in starcraft you could only control up to 12 units at a time...and you could only control one building at a time...you would have to give the same command many times over, and you can really mess things up if you're not fast enough about rallying your troops... and sometimes you might be too fast and not think things through enough.

with much fewer units in warcraft to worry about, you had a bit more time to plan things out. when armies did get big, they never got enormous. i think without playing starcraft you might be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of forces that may come at you in sc2...but if you want to be overwhelmed...that's ok. well now that unit selection is unlmited we should have a lot more control over those large forces without having to be ridiculously fast.

Arget

Reaction score
You've probably understood it wrong just like all the spammers on Bnet forums :) It's not going to change anything else than that there will be more people trying to make really high-quality maps.

But uh, I've been playing SC since I was 10, so I'm not obligated to answer this thread x(

I was playing StarCraft way younger.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
If you havnt played the original starcraft, you have NO clue on what your missing out on.

And yes, I'm stoked for sc2

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Starcraft has amazing gameplay, I still play it quite often actually.

Im afraid that sc2 wont be that good ( At least no video Ive seen this far makes me believe that it will ), but if Im bying it, it will be because of that cool editor and modding stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.