Discussion Why have this habit of "hiding the breast from the public"?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. You don't consciously select people to become attracted to, it happens automatically. What you describe is almost certainly rationalization.

In that theory, me typing this is automatic too. ;)

The feeling of "love" is a inside-the-body thing, however attraction is based on what you think of how the person is dressed, looks like, acts like, whatever. If that is considered "automatic", then everything we do in life can be considered "automatic" too.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
IE: Not old enough to be phased by it. Trust me, you will hit an age that will make your emotions go "oooohhh, boobs!". Unless of course... :rolleyes:
What can I do to prepare for it? I wanna have that feeling I have never felt before. Each day, I see breasts as something, now I wanna know what makes breasts so attractive, why it makes you guys all "you know what reactions you're going to have".

Like the grunt: "Me so horny." It sometimes reminded me of this...:rolleyes:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Just wait. One day you will look and go "oh me gosh hawt"

Reaction score
In that theory, me typing this is automatic too. ;)

When you typed that post, you were making a conscious decision to do so. If you are suggesting that you have the same degree of control over who or what you find attractive, then you ought to submit yourself for testing. With a bit of luck, you might make it into the history books as the first documented case of this phenomenon.

The feeling of "love" is a inside-the-body thing, however attraction is based on what you think of how the person is dressed, looks like, acts like, whatever.

You didn't explain how this equates to being able to choose who you find attractive. To a large degree, what you think about someone is a subconscious process and also out of your control.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Do it man. Just take one to find out.

The feeling of "love" is a inside-the-body thing, however attraction is based on what you think of how the person is dressed, looks like, acts like, whatever. If that is considered "automatic", then everything we do in life can be considered "automatic" too.

I've found that the more you spend time with someone and their personality grows on you, you begin to perceive them more physically attractive as well.

Varine

Reaction score
How come you don't walk around topless?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I meant the thread title. Can you ask any females: "Why have this habit of hiding your breasts? What's so secretive about it?"

Else, you may try this:
----------------------------------------
Ask a female this question:

"Why do you have to go hiding your breasts in that shirt? Do you know why?"

If she shakes her head, ask this:

"Does your mom tells you why you must hide your breasts from strangers?"

If again shakes her head, ask her this:

"Would you like to go ask your mom about it and find out?"

Something like that may happen...

Varine

Reaction score
So yeah you gonna go test that out for us buddy?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I've found that the more you spend time with someone and their personality grows on you, you begin to perceive them more physically attractive as well.

Indeed, I agree completely. You can start to "like" someone by hanging out and getting to know them, so attraction isn't instant like it's being made out to be here. :p

So yeah you gonna go test that out for us buddy?
Ohh man, I could see the slaps coming from that one. I definitely wouldn't ask that question sober. :D

Varine

Reaction score
Indeed, I agree completely. You can start to "like" someone by hanging out and getting to know them, so attraction isn't instant like it's being made out to be here.

Well it's true. When you first meet a girl that's pretty attractive, you're going to view her like that for a while at least, but if she's a total bitch and you spend enough time with her when she's not very nice, then you begin to see flaws in her physical features and find her less and less attractive physically as well as a person. Whereas, on the opposite side, you meet a girl that's maybe okay looking, or even not (most of the girls I've met that aren't that good looking at all are total bitches) even that, but she has an amazing personality that you love, then you begin to see her as more and more beautiful. This becomes especially obvious when you break up with someone....

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Well it's true.

Very true. It has a lot of psychological evidence to back it up as well. I think what you are talking about would fall under the category of two major studies:

- The Propinquity Effect; and
- The Mere Exposure Effect.

The Propinquity Effect basially states that repeated exposure to a person will in turn increase their attractiveness in terms of their personality. There was quite a clever study done in regards to this theory as well.

The Mere Exposure Effect is more broad, and just generally states that repeated exposure to a novel stimuli increases liking of them.

I haven't read through the full 5 pages of replies, but this question just seems quite odd... Its like asking why we don't just all walk around naked. Cultural development and upbringings have lead us to believe that displaying certain parts of our body may be offensive to others, or people just may not want to see your body. There are far to many answers for there to be one answer, but generally I would say development and upbringing.

This should be changed into some sort of debate or something.

Varine

Reaction score
Okay well I didn't mean to get that in depth, I was just making a statement.

And Tom, seriously dude, go ask one and find out. I want a SitRep tomorrow night. And while you're doing that, go ask a dude why he wears pants.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. You don't consciously select people to become attracted to, it happens automatically. What you describe is almost certainly rationalization.

I'm not saying I'm "selecting" the people I become attracted to. But obviously, there are things that draw you towards a person more than other things. I'm not using those things to "pick them out" consciously, but I know those things fill in a more important role than others when I'm "checking someone out" (as most people like to say it).

I think a pretty nice example for this is the boob-men and the booty-men. Some men prefer boobs over booty, some men prefer it the other way around. They ain't conciously selecting the girls they become attracted to, but they certainly appear to know what they prefer in a female.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
And Tom, seriously dude, go ask one and find out. I want a SitRep tomorrow night. And while you're doing that, go ask a dude why he wears pants.

Well, I don't have a good relationship with people, especially females. I don't know how to talk clearly, talk in an understandable way, and talk in an indirect way.

Supposedly, if people over here understands English like I do, it wouldn't be much of a problem, and you won't be finding this question anywhere on this forum site, but that's not the case. Hence, it's why I ask.

As for the guy, since I'm with a roommate, I asked him. He asked back, "Well, why do girls wear bra?" Does that lead me back to here? :confused:

Now, that's a good thing for you guys. And good luck with yours. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.