Willing to Answer Questions About the Beta!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Hello, Andrewgosu here!

I'm just dropping by to tell you that I am in the beta and willing to answer to any questions about the game!

So, thehelper Starcraft fans, question away!

(I think I will gather questions in bulk and answer multiple at a time)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
hi Andrew :)

My 2 questions are with system requirements. Does the game eat RAM and slow your computer?

And is the world editor as awesome as it appears to be :p?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
How do the new features of Battle.net come into play in a multiplayer match?
And can we chat with others online while glancing at replays?

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Does it appear that for a custom game that game mode settings can be clicked in before the game starts?

Can other Players Voice chat/text Chat outside of starcraft 2 with players in starcraft 2. Meaning they both have the game but Both not in the game at the same time. (Ex: throw something like steam blizzard likely has.) I would like to be able to tell my friends that I am getting on, so they see it like they do when i get on counter strike.

Is the ladder split into three sections currently? Unrated standard, and pro? I was under the impression there were more sections, but they might not be in yet. are they?

Can you make different account names in starcraft 2? like I am rover2341 and Iron-Clad. Or Can I only be one. Is it easy to change? and if I change my stats come with it? If I lose 50 games and don't win any can I clear my record some how?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
How did you get in? :eek:
I want in too. :(

What's the best thing(s) you've experienced about SC2 beta so far?

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Do you find the zerg's female voice annoying?
(Weeeee requireeee moooreeee minnnn-errrr-alzzzzzz)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
is the Terratron implemented? lol.

No. :p

The matchmaking system has made finding an opponent really easy, because you just have to choose a map and the system does all the work for you.

I haven't tried yet, but I am pretty certain you can.

I just wonder what your specs are and if you can run it maxed.

spec1.jpg

spec2.jpg

I can run the game on "ultra" settings without problems.

texture.jpg

terrain.jpg

shader2.jpg

shader.jpg

reflections.jpg

post.jpg

physics.jpg

movie.jpg

model.jpg

lightning.jpg

effects.jpg

so we got you Andrew and also Renendaru in the beta! great for you.

question.. just out of curiosity.. is the Terratron implemented? lol.

Does it appear that for a custom game that game mode settings can be clicked in before the game starts?

I don't really understand the question.

Here's how it looks like when you want to join custom games:

custom.jpg

When you click on the name of the map, it will take you to the game's lobby where you can chat with your opponents and initiate the game:

lobby.jpg

Can other Players Voice chat/text Chat outside of starcraft 2 with players in starcraft 2. Meaning they both have the game but Both not in the game at the same time. (Ex: throw something like steam blizzard likely has.) I would like to be able to tell my friends that I am getting on, so they see it like they do when i get on counter strike.

Blizzard is planning to implement a "social" network between its games, but that is currently not yet in the game, so no.

Is the ladder split into three sections currently? Unrated standard, and pro? I was under the impression there were more sections, but they might not be in yet. are they?

No, you can play ladder games and earn your rank (to move up the ladder and gain access to better division aka better players) or play custom games, where wins/losses doesn't count towards your score.

Can you make different account names in starcraft 2? like I am rover2341 and Iron-Clad. Or Can I only be one. Is it easy to change? and if I change my stats come with it? If I lose 50 games and don't win any can I clear my record some how?[/QUOTE]

I don't know yet because I have a single beta account and I cannot change it in any way.

I think the account will be bound with the copy of purchased game, meaning you'll have to stick a single account.

What's the best thing(s) you've experienced about SC2 beta so far?

1) The graphics are absolutely amazing to watch, just so beautiful.

2) The camera movement is really smooth, took me quite some time to get used to.

3) Watching replays is really made so convenient, because the replay is played like a video: you can fastforward, pause and even jump back and forth. Not to mention nice scoreboards (apm, minerals, army size, mineral income etc.)

4) The games genuinely does feel like its predecessor!!

No, I don't, but Protoss are way, way cooler. :p

Are the zerg as badass as they looked in previews?

See for yourself? :cool:

zerg2.jpg

zerg1.jpg

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you! :D Hoping for the full retail version to come soon.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I do, from watching videos! I couldn't stand it, it was so bad, and I had to turn the sound off. I've gotten use to it now, but it still annoys me.

Do you agree that Reapers are overpowered?
What other units do you think are OP?

Another thing: Does the protoss's Sentry ability, Guardian Shield, stack? "Temporarily creates a defensive bubble around the Sentry that reduces all units damage taken. Stats: -2 damage" So with enough of them overlapping, all damage would be taken away?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
New questions:
-Does the game feel balanced so far?

-Can you use all the buildings and units in the beta, or are some restricted?

-Any sight of that special breed of protoss/zerg mixture that was mentioned in Zeratul's special mission in Brood Wars? :p

-Have you seen any heroes yet?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
-Any sight of that special breed of protoss/zerg mixture that was mentioned in Zeratul's special mission in Brood Wars? :p

-Have you seen any heroes yet?
Neither of those will appear until the map editor is included or the campaign is. :p I'm certain you can use all units and buildings, but some battle.net features are disabled.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I have a question. I have a Macbook Pro with only a 8600M GT graphics card. From looking at the info you posted I'll only be able to run the game with a medium texture quality (unfortunately Macs can't upgrade their graphics cards). Does the game look like crap on medium texture quality or does it still look nice?

And before anyone suggests, I do not have enough money for a new PC (otherwise I would so get one).

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Hmmm... what is your FPS if you can check wwhen you play the game? Do you get a drop even in a battle with lots and lots of effects?

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to make a custom map by editing MPQ files :p?
You'll have to wait for the full retailed version that will be sold very late of this year in order to find out.

The beta doesn't include the Galaxy editor.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.