General Woman Hunted for Placing Cat in Trash Bin

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score

A woman who dumped a cat into a bin is reportedly being guarded by police after cat-loving Internet vigilantes began threatening her and a mob descended upon her home.

The 45-year-old woman was spotted stroking the cat on the street outside its London home – then she picked it up by the scruff of its neck and dropped it in a nearby bin, closing the lid.

The cat’s human later discovered the trapped cat mewling in the bin 15 hours later – initially he thought the cat might have found her own way into the bin:
“I thought she might have got in herself – she’s not the brightest cat.”
Wondering what happened, he inspected his CCTV recordings – he had installed a camera after his car was vandalised – and soon found the cat had been binned.

Naturally, he uploaded the video onto the Internet in an effort to find the perpetrator, creating a “Help Find The Woman Who Put My Cat In The Bin” Facebook group which soon helped identify the woman. Soon police, animal rights groups and of course Internet vigilantes and the national media became involved, with death threats being made against the woman whilst a mob gathered outside her house, her address being widely circulated.

Last edited by a moderator:

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
This is the first time that the news in my country is faster than TH.net xD

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
She stroked the cat and dropped him in the Bin. :nuts: Seriously, she does have some serious mental issues

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
@SineCosine: Same :p

Rofl why pick the house with a camera sticking out the front ?
It's like she cursed the cat then chucked it in the bin xD

I hope that woman has been tortured by the media and vigilante people like me :D
Never treat my kitty kat's in a bad way :(

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Damn cat haters.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
WTF?!? I see absolutely no reason why anyone would even waste their time trying to be this evil... Was she trying to reach her daily "do effed up things" quota? My guess is that she is in fact the devil. Later that day she probably went out of her way to go to a school yard and punch a kid in the face, then went to the super market and opened all the milk cartons and tipped over a trash can outside. seriously...It's what you do when you think no one is looking that shows who you really are.

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
...and justice for all. She trapped the cat in the trash bin, and the angry mob trapped her into her house.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
The people of Coventry are some seriously upset, bored, and pathetic people if they go through the trouble of making death threats and sieging someone over simple maltreatment of a single cat.

People are volatile once they have names and faces to put their blames on. I would understand if PETA or the SPCA came up to her and gave her a warning or charged her with something, but not some random people who don't even know who she is threatening her with death.

Point of this post: highlight overreaction and pointless behaviour, encourage people to mind their own business and get over these small things which have no ultimate effect on their daily lives.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love cats and hate to see this kind of thing happening, but I'm not wishing for her to die because of this. Heathens.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
The people of Coventry are some seriously upset, bored, and pathetic people if they go through the trouble of making death threats and sieging someone over simple maltreatment of a single cat.
It's not just people in Coventry, if anything I hear that more are coming from the faceless masses of the internet.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
but it could have easily starved to death in that trash bin if the owner found him later.

That would have been much later, 15 hours is not much time to go without food.

It was bad of her to do this, but it is something that should be dealt with between her and the owner of the cat.
I personally hate when people puts their nose in others business like this and also when they themselves are more likely to spoil an animal which by my standards is even worse than this.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score

People are volatile once they have names and faces to put their blames on. I would understand if PETA or the SPCA came up to her and gave her a warning or charged her with something, but not some random people who don't even know who she is threatening her with death.

Point of this post: highlight overreaction and pointless behaviour, encourage people to mind their own business and get over these small things which have no ultimate effect on their daily lives.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love cats and hate to see this kind of thing happening, but I'm not wishing for her to die because of this. Heathens.

Dude. You don't know the extend crazy cat owners will go to. Some people will DIE for their cats, just because it gets shooed.

See Book of Eli for proof.

/random movie reference.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
I watched that movie!
But I don't remember a cat in the movie >.>
Hmm..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.