World of Starcraft

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
According what I read, they put developement of Ghost on hold 'till better systems came out. /off-topic

Anyway, I don't doubt that Blizzard has been throwing around the idea of "World of Starcraft" for years.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I am sure they have thought about it. There fairly creative, and world of warcraft in 3-6 years will very likey have it replaced. If we figure its not warcraft agein, And no dablio, then there is a small chance of staracraft happening.

I would prefer to see a released version of warcraft (mmorpg), in the years to come, but don't know how they could pull it off, with out the game feelings old. But who knows?

Lyerae

Reaction score
Well, a StarCraft MMO would take a lot of work.

Out of all of Blizzards games, Starcraft has the largest fanbase. Yeah, World of Warcraft has millions of players, but I'm sure that over 50% of them used to play StarCraft.

StarCraft is Blizzards biggest series. It was released... When, 1998? 1999? And still, people are playing it. Hell, I've got the game downloading and installing right now.

So you can probably see why they haven't made it yet. It would have to be very good, to live up to players expectations. The ones set by Starcraft, and the ones further set by World of Warcraft.
Because Blizzard always releases high-quality games, people have come to expect nothing but the very best from them. That's why StarCraft II has been delayed (making Battle.net 2.0 better). That's why they constantly patch World of Warcraft. They are working to provide us with high-quality entertainment, as we have come to expect from them.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Well, a StarCraft MMO would take a lot of work.

Out of all of Blizzards games, Starcraft has the largest fanbase. Yeah, World of Warcraft has millions of players, but I'm sure that over 50% of them used to play StarCraft.

StarCraft is Blizzards biggest series. It was released... When, 1998? 1999? And still, people are playing it. Hell, I've got the game downloading and installing right now.

So you can probably see why they haven't made it yet. It would have to be very good, to live up to players expectations. The ones set by Starcraft, and the ones further set by World of Warcraft.
Because Blizzard always releases high-quality games, people have come to expect nothing but the very best from them. That's why StarCraft II has been delayed (making Battle.net 2.0 better). That's why they constantly patch World of Warcraft. They are working to provide us with high-quality entertainment, as we have come to expect from them.

Exactly my thoughts. I really hate people that complain all the time when their personal needs aren't met. e.g, I play a rogue in WoW, and once I beated a ret paladin in a duel, and he complained about how underpowered pallys are and started blaming blizzard for being lazy...

Lyerae

Reaction score
Yeah, Blizzard isn't lazy. They've done an excellent job on World of Warcraft. I don't see why people hate the lore so much...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice if this discussion doesn't turn into a World of Warcraft topic. :)

Thanks.

On the subject at hand, how do you think one would plan such a huge project?
Afterall, just by playing on battle.net you are almost in the world of starcraft. ;)
The map would have to be somewhat amazing, with characters from both starcrafts featured in plenty, with quests... RPG stuff!

Lightstalker

Reaction score
You don't have to make it an MMORPG, you can make it an ORPG. I'm sure many people will attempt it anyway.

On THW, there are a bunch of threads from people recruiting for a SC2 premium-maps modding team. Sounds kinda silly 6+ months in advance and to mod just for the sole purpose of making a premium map... :\

Dest

Reaction score
Yeah, Blizzard isn't lazy. They've done an excellent job on World of Warcraft. I don't see why people hate the lore so much...

I took my time on playing WoW (Trial and without trial, of course). I honestly didn't like the UI, it requires the highest system requirements, and it lags, of course. It's also hard; that's why I hate WoW.

Anyway, to ontopic, I've heard about this before this topic was even created for:

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2008/02/25/another-hint-that-starcraft-mmo-is-in-the-works/

It's probably delayed majorly before they will release SC2. :\ I don't really think we need another MMO, because that means Blizzard Entertainment will require a lot of time to work on SC2, WoW and WC3(probably) simultaneously. There might also be the chance that World of Starcraft can suck.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Why I don't like wow: It starts uber complicated and t gets even worse

ON TOPIC: A projects like wow in the new SCII editor ? Don't make me laugh. WoW is cool cuz you can meet a few thousand different people in an hour or so.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.