World of Warcraft, dying?

How Good/Bad do you think WoW is.

• Total voters
G

g1real

I wish i could join WoW again, but im too addicted to wc3 =)

Also.. I tried WoW for a month again, joined a server where losers twinked..

GOD how sad that was.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
twinking is the only way for horde to win battle grounds.
Horde win around 70% of all wsg/ab and lose 90% of all av's from my experience on three different servers.

I have an alliance twink myself since it's something fun to do besides just raid.

Well once you've played WoW for like 1.5 years the world seems very very limited. Who cares if another patch comes out, they're gonna add what... weather? or mabye a new race with all the same classes? to me this game seems limited and boring, mabye because I've played it so long
They add new areas/instances.

WoW is far from dying and is virtually limitless.

K

Kevin

That's my point. WSG and Ab are made for twinks. The only horde I see in WSG and AB are these mssive twink pvp guilds. Alliance teams I am on work together but we lose because of the twinkage.

AV however can be won with total crap gear, if you know how to use the NPCs and how to organize a line defense.

The only time I've ever lost in AV is when idiot alliance who think they are so badass with their BWL gear decide to rush and leave the graveposts unguarded. That's when Alliance loses AV.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
That's my point. WSG and Ab are made for twinks. The only horde I see in WSG and AB are these mssive twink pvp guilds. Alliance teams I am on work together but we lose because of the twinkage.
You must not be 60 then. As at 60 you can't be a twink.

AV however can be won with total crap gear, if you know how to use the NPCs and how to organize a line defense.
The AV map is 'favored' towards them alliance due to how the map is setup as. Since the map is not symmetrical there are balance issues already on the map.

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I hear jazz about twinks online often, (Have one), the higher levels have way less twinks, its really only twink filled BG's at 10-19, and that only takes like a week to level past if your a casual player.

WoW is far from dieing, sure there aren't as many people buying the game for the first time, but with an expansion at about $50, and $15 a month... That comes to alot of money even if a quarter of the 7million players buy the expansion.

Plus they're constantly adding stuff. :D

K

Kevin

You must not be 60 then. As at 60 you can't be a twink.

You must not play on a server with BWL guilds that twink the living *#($@ out of their guild members.

Compare those guilds to players who don't play 3409829408324329 hours a week required to get heavy duty epics and you'll get the picture soon enough.

The AV map is 'favored' towards them alliance due to how the map is setup as. Since the map is not symmetrical there are balance issues already on the map.

That is the most ignorant and idiotic thing I have ever heard. The map is not geared toward Alliance. The map in fact allows horde to run faster to SH Graveyard than Alliance to IB. Dude just don't talk.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I hear jazz about twinks online often, (Have one), the higher levels have way less twinks, its really only twink filled BG's at 10-19, and that only takes like a week to level past if your a casual player.

WoW is far from dieing, sure there aren't as many people buying the game for the first time, but with an expansion at about $50, and $15 a month... That comes to alot of money even if a quarter of the 7million players buy the expansion.

Plus they're constantly adding stuff. :D

I'm pretty sure the Expansion is $40?

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
That is the most ignorant and idiotic thing I have ever heard. The map is not geared toward Alliance. The map in fact allows horde to run faster to SH Graveyard than Alliance to IB. Dude just don't talk.
I have experience as an alliance and a horde in AV. I do know what I am talking about.
This thread shows many reasons why alterac valley is unbalanced.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...15454?topicId=66026752&postId=657708538&sid=1

You must not play on a server with BWL guilds that twink the living *#($@ out of their guild members.
It's called raiding btw.

I'm in a battle group where I go against players with almost full tier 3.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Doesn't tier 3 mean extreme pwnage? if you on gorgonarsh theres a guild called stonard safety consul that has bwl on farm! They do raids almost everyday, you have to have at least tier 1 I think to apply.

K

Kevin

I have experience as an alliance and a horde in AV. I do know what I am talking about.
This thread shows many reasons why alterac valley is unbalanced.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...15454?topicId=66026752&postId=657708538&sid=1

No actually you don't. Alterac Valley is balanced. It's bsed entirely on manipulating the surroundings than gearing your guild up.

It's called raiding btw.

I'm in a battle group where I go against players with almost full tier 3.

It's called twinking when the guild farms specifically to gear up alts.

That is what twinking is buddy. Horde do it a lot at level 60. That's why alliance has been pissed at blizzard for not implementing a gear match maker.

You cannot win WSG in tier 0 or tier .5 when the horde have twinked their alts with BWL tier 3 equiv gear.

You can win Alterac Valley with tier 0 gear if you know how to complete the quests and protect your graveyard.

When my alliance teams have lost AV it was to horde with Tier 0 and my alliance team had tier 3 rush noobs. So the standard twink noobs on Horde don't win AV because they are stupid enough to think it's the gear that matters more than the events.

I have seen every excuse imaginable by horde as to why they can't win AV, and it makes me laugh.

Blood Elf Paladins and their Spell/Mana Break abilities will demonstrate to the horde that it's not the power of the individual that matters in AV soon enough.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Kevin is right but AV is kind of rigged, the alliance have the familiar land, and by owning the horde in AB and WSG they have high warlord gears, and high level guilds to do onixia and nax ramus, molten core, black wing layer, upper black rock spire, umbrul sect, etc. they should divide 60 battle grounds in tier sets like tier 1 only people with tier 1 can enter and tier 2 with tier 2 etc. if you had more then x pieces you would join the others

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Kevin is right but AV is kind of rigged, the alliance have the familiar land, and by owning the horde in AB and WSG they have high warlord gears, and high level guilds to do onixia and nax ramus, molten core, black wing layer, upper black rock spire, umbrul sect, etc. they should divide 60 battle grounds in tier sets like tier 1 only people with tier 1 can enter and tier 2 with tier 2 etc. if you had more then x pieces you would join the others

That would be wrong too, first because it would be very few BGs, especially for Naxx geared people. And what fun is it to face people with always the same gear as you?

And by the way, nax ramus is spelled Naxxramas, Black wing layer is spelled Blackwing Lair and upper black rock spire isn't a hard instance at all.

And wtf is umbrul sect?

K

Kevin

they can mix and match the tier classes together, like several people have proposed.

The problem would be people who want to join as group only while geared in bwl gear.

It really is irritating.

And if you want to start talking rigging, talk to me about nearly every single wsg and ab game I've been in where the computer picks horde teams first, then fills up the alliance teams after. Most of the games I was in had a full horde team of 15 (or ten), before it joined up the alliance team and the gate opened with 8 alliance (or 5). In that first week of changing the pvp situation so there is no more decay, AB gates would open up on the horde side a full minute before the alliance gates would open. It was a known issue and it took blizz forever to finish it (btw they still haven't fixed the warlock suicide/summon exploit at the horde gate in AB, with three warlocks you can take all the flags before alliance gate opens).

It is also beyond irritating to see the horde whine and moan about AV because they don't know how to manipulate and use the NPCs, upgrade their troops, or summon the boulder lord.

Seriously, AV isn't nearly as skewed. It is balanced enough that you can see horde at SHGY long before alliance reach IB.

So stop whining about skewed/imbalanced zone. Horde lose AV becase it's not skewed towards single player heroes like WSG and AB are. You can't win AV by twinking or using guild funds to mass equip everyone.

In otherwords it relies mroe on Tier 3 skill than Tier 3 equipment.

N

Naminator_X_

Lol Everquest can't touch WoW...but Lineage 2 Chronicle 5: Oath of Blood...well this game rocks...i had accounts on both(original servers) and i played most Lineage...check this... graphic+engine+world->system resources...well lineage compares them more good than WoW (that's my thoughts)...but after playing them...i started to hate them(i lost all days of playing :D )...and now i play EVE Online..which is very good game btw

I

IKilledKEnny

I loved WoW once, I got it the first day it came out, played for half a year, quitted for a year and then came back again. And now I quitted again. It's not that I do not like WoW, I do, I spent 0.75 - 1.5 hours on it a day for monthes!! But I just find WE (World Editor) a much more fun hobby that involves more then few wild mouse clicks (rogue here. :p my '2' button is messed up!). What about WoW itself? It's not dieng *Hope I Spelled it right* and it won't for the next few years. Blizzard make million of millions each MONTH from that game, it will do anything to keep it going, and expansion every year (that what they plan) is not going to hurt WoW.

Just my 2 cents, saying my opinion and nothing more. I know my information is not 'updated' last time I read anything that was related to WoW (beside that topic) was a month and a half ago.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
When I was really into WoW I was playing WoW at an unhealthy level, then I realized that I cared about my life more then a game and thats why I quit playing it.

K

Kevin

I'm considering dumping WoW. I played it just to play with my friends. Most are gone now. WoW hasn't filled in its promises, it's turning into another raid or die game and I get emotionally twitchy around a lot of people.

I've since started playing maple story, it's much more fun in many ways, including the fact it is for free ^_^

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I quit it a few months ago, then came back after the summer and joined a guild that plowed through BWL pretty quickly (it was new server and we were the top guild on horde for while. Impressed yet?) Guild fell apart in November because people stopped caring about raids due to the expansion coming up.

I was in the expansion beta but I could only get my character up to lvl 63 before I got really bored with it. The whole game is just repetition, and expansion is just 10 more levels of the same thing (kill x, collect y, speak with z.) The only fun I had was levelling up a new blood elf but once it got to lvl 15ish that got boring too. Cancelled my account again today, yes 2 days before expansion goes on sale.

But Blizzard released an announcement that there are 8 million active subscribers...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.