Arena WorpeX Arena

K

Kadgar

i have not read it all but i think there should be THE HULK lol. i serusly have no clue but like a brawler class would be nice. :eek:

WorpeX

Reaction score
lol, actually mr murloc is an assassin. Hes pretty funny, windwalks in the fight randomly with summons and than beats the shit out of his opponent. o_O

A

ApocRhino

ya..thats f***ing crazy how he knos hwo to do all that..btw ur map is awsome

EDIT: oo almost forgot here is picture..not sure wut size..but it looks ok

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
For the idea about the random damage boost you could do when two heroes are selected a random dice is rolled between 1-2.

if it lands on 1 hero1 obviously will recive a bonus to damage or a positive buff (having a good day?)

and visa versa if it lands on 2.

by dice i ofc mean "Math - Random number" inside the editor

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
BUG FOUND!!!

I was playing a fight, between Bluu and Guardian and Bluu wound, BUT he have summon he's fighters and they was put into the simi-finnal while Bluu just was put back as an Qualifiers...

WorpeX

Reaction score
Eh, I think that takes a bit more effort that It really needs. I dont want the matches to be THAT random, because I specifially designed some heros to counter other heros in the arena.

Anyway, to apoc:

Heres the pic, check out this for info on uploading it to your map:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/minimap.php (You need to save target as, the picture wont show in IE)

Mr Zero

Reaction score
BUG FOUND!!!

I also notice i was rewarded, but I lost?

"Mr_Zero_DK has won 100§"

and under that

"Mr_Zero_DK has lost the bet"

But i got the money anyways

stavious

Reaction score
WorpeX said:
but I dont really understand number 3 too well.
I mean that the loading screen that you have, when you open the game (where you click after it loaded and the game starts) has a picture of a map of Lorderon which is not related to your map. Try and change that please :) .

WorpeX said:
Right now, you start with 15 gold and you can bet 5 dollars, 10 or 15 on the gladiators. So, as long as you dont waste it all at the start of the game, you shouldn't be broke that fast. I can make the game start with 20 gold so that people dont waste right off at the start though.
Much better. They can't bet for 20 right? So either they lose nearly all, but can still bet again (at least once) or it tells them they don't have enough money to bet on let's say 50. Because when I did my first bet I actually didn't notice how much money I had :p .

WorpeX said:
As fast as the quest menu thing is, you should check before you suggest, as its already in the game. :p They all have a biography looking exacly like the ones from bluu and crusha in my first post. (in fact that was copy and pasted).
Oops, my bad :p . Good job though :D .

WorpeX said:
Also, you might notice that worpex is sitting at the arena watching over.
Haha I did notice him :D (even before you mentioned it).

Also I've noticed something new: the camera during the battle is flexable: the player can move it. Is that suppose to happen? If not you might wanna make the battles leaning more towards the cinematics part. Actually coming to think about it that could be great :D . So the players can't really move their camera, and you can have someone speak during the battle, talking about it and saying who one and who lost and etc. (has the speaker say things though that could be said in any battle and say that at random; so not every battle gets the say phrases, but all make sense. For example: Oh, that had to hurt. Never seen such a tense fight before. Hold on ladies and gentlemen this is going to be rough. and etc. :D ).

Keep it up. This game has potential. Put up the edited version as fast as you can; can't wait to play it de-bugged :) .

PS. I would like my own fighter, thanx :D (can I choose his model?) lol.

Mr Zero

Reaction score
BUG FOUND!!!
(Where do I find them???)

It is Bluu aging. He's summon units is still alive then he is dead, so the other conuiofsdf (the other unit :D ) died too, by get killed of those summon units..

C

CenshiCheese

U should add staroids and drug testing. Give the unit more dmg and speed but if some1 pays for drug test and convicted then he loses strangth and speed.

Just a thought

WorpeX

Reaction score
GEES your an amazing bug tester! lol, Ya, summons seem to cause alot of problems, I'm thinking having them only being able to cast once a match. (the way that mr.murloc uses his). So that bluus summons dont play into the end of the match as much.

I mean that the loading screen that you have, when you open the game (where you click after it loaded and the game starts) has a picture of a map of Lorderon which is not related to your map. Try and change that please .

Ahh! thats what you mean! k, i'll fix that, kind of just picked something randomly cause I can never remember what any of them look like. xD

Also I've noticed something new: the camera during the battle is flexable: the player can move it. Is that suppose to happen? If not you might wanna make the battles leaning more towards the cinematics part. Actually coming to think about it that could be great . So the players can't really move their camera, and you can have someone speak during the battle, talking about it and saying who one and who lost and etc. (has the speaker say things though that could be said in any battle and say that at random; so not every battle gets the say phrases, but all make sense. For example: Oh, that had to hurt. Never seen such a tense fight before. Hold on ladies and gentlemen this is going to be rough. and etc. ).

ACTUALLY, that is how the map was orginally, but it was very very very boring cause it was all in cinematics mode. (meaning you can't talk to anyone else in the game during the fight.) I had alot of complaints and had to make the camera alittle more free. As far as the announcer goes, i was going to do this, but than changed my mind. (and you can even check in the triggers, theres a folder named announcer with nothing in it. x.x.) I gave on this idea once I was forced to let people talk during fights lol. You kind of can't really see any of the announcing cause chat covers it up. :/

Keep it up. This game has potential. Put up the edited version as fast as you can; can't wait to play it de-bugged .

PS. I would like my own fighter, thanx (can I choose his model?) lol.

Yes! I should have it up once i fix all of zeros bugs! and if you can post your model ASAP so hopefully I can put it in before the next version.

stavious

Reaction score
If you can, make my hero the Thrall model (my symbol ;) ). But as I notice most of your gladiators are creeps, so if you don't want humanid models please make it the Polar Bear model. Cool idea thanx :D .
Also I noticed something else: You can't see how much life the fighters have. Well I couldn't. Is it just me or is it really so? If it is so you might want to find a way that they can see how they are doing, cause otherwise they just fight and suddenly one dies (which is sorta lame :eek: ), so try and fix that if you can (if it exists...).
Can't wait for the next version ;) .

Mr Zero

Reaction score
I just keep find bugges...

one more here:

Whille playing the summon units did not died so when the round ended, they stil where there for next round....

BTW can you upload a new version off this map?
(There bugges has been edit)

WorpeX

Reaction score
I was playing a fight, between Bluu and Guardian and Bluu wound, BUT he have summon he's fighters and they was put into the simi-finnal while Bluu just was put back as an Qualifiers...

Fixed. I Forgot to add a trigger telling the game that the unit being moved was supposed to be a hero. It was just taking any unit. x.x

BUG FOUND!!!

and under that

Not fixed, I can't figure this one out. I've been looking for alittle while. I'll get it sooner or later, just wont be in this version.

It is Bluu aging. He's summon units is still alive then he is dead, so the other conuiofsdf (the other unit ) died too, by get killed of those summon units..

Fixed. Summons now die when the hero dies.

Whille playing the summon units did not died so when the round ended, they stil where there for next round....

Should be fixed witht he previous fix.

If you can, make my hero the Thrall model (my symbol ). But as I notice most of your gladiators are creeps, so if you don't want humanid models please make it the Polar Bear model. Cool idea thanx .
Also I noticed something else: You can't see how much life the fighters have. Well I couldn't. Is it just me or is it really so? If it is so you might want to find a way that they can see how they are doing, cause otherwise they just fight and suddenly one dies (which is sorta lame ), so try and fix that if you can (if it exists...).
Can't wait for the next version .

Yes, its true, you can't look at the heros life above there head. HOWEVER, you may notice in the coner of the map there is a leaderboard. That is the heath of both heros and is it is updated every second. Oh, and you wouldn't be a gladiator silly, you'd just be a replacement for the peasants. So instead of being a peasant buying items, you'd be thrall. ^^. To access it you need to type -stavious. (if your name isn't stavious at the time you'll need to type "name stavious" to make that your name or the trigger will not work. ^^)

Changes for this version:

Version v3
-Attacks balanced to deal a more random damage each hit.
-Hit points reduced on all heros exept for killsaw, who had an increase
-Fixed bug with buffs staying on after match completes.
-Fixed 2 bugs with bluu's summons.
-King Slashalot now has level 2 Spiked carapace.
-Fixed the match-up stats so they relate values that are not decimals.
-Ending camera moved up so you can see worpex better.
-Players start with 20 gold, to help with people blowing all their money on the first match.
-Added people to the list of helpers.
-New loading screan backdrop
-Youcantseeme talks like a shade now

Still to come:

Heros (hopefully -.-)
a fix to the betting results bug
New icons for the bets
$100 bet

stavious

Reaction score
WorpeX said:
Yes, its true, you can't look at the heros life above there head. HOWEVER, you may notice in the coner of the map there is a leaderboard. That is the heath of both heros and is it is updated every second. Oh, and you wouldn't be a gladiator silly, you'd just be a replacement for the peasants. So instead of being a peasant buying items, you'd be thrall. ^^. To access it you need to type -stavious. (if your name isn't stavious at the time you'll need to type "name stavious" to make that your name or the trigger will not work. ^^)
OK really cool. I'm gonna play the new version right now :D .

---------------------

I played the new version and I tell you: it's pretty assume :D .
These are the bugs I spoted:
1. At a semi-final fight it was Crusha against Bluu. I put 10 on Bluu and 0 on Crusha, but when Crusha won I won 20 gold coins any how. Don't know why this is happening.
2. The final fight was tie!! They both lost all their health at the same time and no winner was decalred :( . What happens if there is a tie? You should think about that a bit.
Some suggestions:
1. You didn't change the icon of the books to gold coins yet :eek: .
2. Make an ending cinematic more exciting. Have the winners stand on stands or something, and a trophy maybe :eek: .
3. Balance the gladiators just a bit more. Some are much weaker than others (the Goblin Dr. is really weak :( ) and some are way too strong (Crusha).
4. When a tournament is over make an option to start over, a new tournament, but with the same gold you finished with, so you can replay it over and over and not have to quit after only 7 fights. It could make the game a lot more fun and addicting :D .

So can you please check those out? I hate to see this game having bugs cause other than that it is really good :) .

WorpeX

Reaction score
Ya, There are ALOT of problems with the betting system, i just played a game with pubbies a few minutes ago. One person was getting free gold no matter who he voted for, while I was getting no gold no matter who I voted for. Never the less, they all gave postive feedback, I was also very suprised at how fast they were able to pick the game up. ^^

I'm going to be working alot on the betting for a little while, I might be completely re-doing it. But, i'mma try to avoid that. :(

I already said that I'm going to be doing the gold icons in the future, dont worry, I'm trying to get the bugs squared away before i put in some cool new gadgets.

2. Make an ending cinematic more exciting. Have the winners stand on stands or something, and a trophy maybe .

Thats a good idea, i'll think about it. ^^

3. Balance the gladiators just a bit more. Some are much weaker than others (the Goblin Dr. is really weak ) and some are way too strong (Crusha).

I just can't get that guy to be good, lol. I think hes just a failure at life, i've tried numerous ammount of times. Actually, i've buffed him the most out of every character in the game and he still sucks. x.x Nevertheless, I think hes about on par with hunter and stinky now, so hes not as bad as he used to be.

From my testings the best gladiators are: Bluu / Crusha / Guardian. Not in any order obviously, cause they all counter each other.

Mr Zero

Reaction score
Brainstorm

Guys i'm having a Brain-storm right now, so here is my ideas...

I'm think a new battle system, about who shall fight who, like:

What about a system like first 16 hero's when 8, 4, 2 and when a winner...

WorpeX

Reaction score
BUG FOUND!!!

and under that

Thought i'd post, this. FIXED.

Kind of a stupid error on my part to have even missed that in the first place, was just a copy/pasting error. I forgot to change a trigger from player 12 to player 11. x.x.

What about a system like first 16 hero's when 8, 4, 2 and when a winner...

What about a FFA untill 8 heros remain than 4 - 2 - than winner? FFA can be an opening cinematic. ^^

stavious

Reaction score
WorpeX said:
What about a FFA untill 8 heros remain than 4 - 2 - than winner? FFA can be an opening cinematic. ^^
That's actually a really good idea. Open it with a Free For All fight and the eight that survive will be the gladiator in that game, which does add a lot of randomity (not a real word :p ) to it, cause you don't know who'll attack who and all that every time :D .
Work hard on that betting system. Good luck :D .

Mr Zero

Reaction score
but what do u mean when u say ffa?

16 first or all the hero's you are going to make?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.