Arena WorpeX Arena

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
Dead Thread?

k... I'm almost done with the multiboard. (and a new betting system)

There is alot more triggers now.

The multiboard is comparing the Units aginst eachother. Like:

Red Unit Name Blue Unit Name
Attack = ...
etc..

and at the buttom of the multiboard it making the odds

3:1 on red unit or 2:1 on blue unit

So... What have you made in the time WorpeX?

BTW the new betting system use commands from the player like:

-bet red/blue xxx/all

I'm trying to make it to a dialog insted or do you want the commands?

WorpeX

Reaction score
Great job zero. ^^ Actually, I think I'm going to pass the map on over to you, I've been pretty busy lately and havn't had much time to do much of anything on map making. (i've also kind of lost intrest in the map.)

Besides that, your much better at triggers than I am. So, good luck with the map, I give you permission to change the name of the map to Zero Arena or something. Just make sure i'm mentioned in the map somewhere. ^^

WorpeX

Reaction score
Thought i'd give this thread a post since it hasn't been updated in a long time. A lot has changed within 3 years! I have no idea what happened to Mr.Zero's updates so I just continued the map from where I had left off.

Anyway, major changes:

-Hero Creation - This is probably the biggest change. Now, instead of watching bots go at it, before the tournament begins you create your own hero to battle it out in the arena! Just like any custom hero map, you create you choose your model, abilities, and stats. Currently, I have 12 heroes in the game and 16 abilities + a repick. ^^ More to come!

-Max of 8 human players are allowed! Yes, you can have a whole tournament w/o bots!

-Betting is still in the game and bots are as well. For every player missing, a random bot will fill in. (Noldor and Dr.Killsaw have been removed though)

-I had way too much fun making an audience. Its really pointless, but kinda cool at the same time.

-A shit ton of balance and bug fixes which I just cannot remember them all.

I have version .94 attached!

New changes to come in version .95:
-Premium Bets
-Epic Multiboard to replace all the current leaderboards. :D
-Items for use in combat. Purchasable with money from betting!
-More Abilities and Heroes
-IMONFIRE
-Bracket Style Victory Screen (Hopefully...)

Attachments

• WorpeX Arena 2 v.94.w3x
    790.9 KB · Views: 252

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Woah. 3 Years is a really long time. I wasn't even playing Warcraft when this project first started 0_0
3 Years worth of work should definitely be worth trying! Would test it and comment soon :)

EDIT: Tested it. Wasn't really quite what I expected, had a rather slow pace. I think you could do with another kind of way to place bets, like give the betters a Spellbook that you can open and use and bet. Like there's one to bet for blue and another for red (Change it to left and right or something, or color the circles of power). There will be abilities in the book that you use to give you an item like the one now. Would reduce the time needed to walk around and bet.

Also, Impale is too powerful I think. It destroys summoned units xD

Good luck :D This map has some potential, but the pace is slightly too slow :(

WorpeX

Reaction score
Ya, the pace has always been slow. I am open to ideas to improve it!

I dont think having a spell book for bets will be a good idea actually, if anything, that will slow the pace down even more. Not having to move your unit at all isn't fun. :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.