XBox360 Natal

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]03thQvGRVvQ[/YOUTUBE]

The Wii just lost the game.

This better not end up as a fail from Microsoft

Reaction score
I love it when they got to copy Nintendo.

"New way of gaming.."

They're few years too late to call it new :p ..

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
It's slightly better than the Wii in that there is no controller, other than that it's a failed ripoff (considering the Wii isn't doing as great as we'd expected...)

I hope this one works out, this really could be the gaming revolution we were expecting with the Wii.

But god damn those family gamers we see in the adverts -_-... That dad seemed over-joyed by the fact that he was... Fixing a tire?

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
what do u mean WII?!

first of all: go microsoft, second of all, the WII control system is completely diffrent. if u are telling me that microsoft is copying WII then ur just jeleaus you bought a wii instead of an awesome 360 with their awesome new idea, but ur right... if families would start buying 360's like they did with Wii's then that'd make me sad, nice if microsoft has an idea but I dont want those kiddo family-based games as on the nintendo Wii on the Xbox, no offense against Wii, but honestly I think that the Xbox should be for gamers and the Wii for families.

oh and yes, sadly it indeed looks like microsoft is trying to reach families with those sweet adverts.. ur right, I like the idea, but FIXING A TIRE? Cheeeers... cant wait for the natal to come out, so that I can go fix tires...

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
The Xbox already has plenty of E games geared towards family fun without Natal's support. It would be an incredibly stupid marketing choice to target teens (or those who claim the gamer tag) only. The main reason being most 'gamers' can't afford the systems on their own wages. I wouldn't consider this a ripoff of anything. Motion gaming has been an idea since around the time gaming was born. Now that we are finally at the stage where we are technologically equipped to satisfy the creativity interest of the past and present consumers it doesn't make sense for the idea for be copyrighted by one corporation and become a Wii only invention. It was obvious that all the next generation consoles were going to have some form of it, if not at lunch then eventually. I say grats to Microsoft for stealing enough money to be able to fund excellence.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Holy crap. This is nothing like the Wii. If this is a success, this game play will be revolutionizing (used that word again, heehee). I'm not so excited because my xbox is only for Oblivion and FPS games when the cousins come over. I don't use it often, but I'm sure I'll have fun playing this at my cousins' house. :3

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
NATAL is sexy stuff, I've been watching it since the E3 announcement. :D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Yey, another way to make yourself look like an idiot in your living room! :p
If it's anything as good as it claims it will be in the video, then Microsoft might be onto a winner.
But let's not forget that we had a (somewhat primitive today) version in the Eyetoy on PS2.

Full body motion capture? Forgive me for sounding a little sceptical, but don't all those people you see in games studios doing motion capture need full body suits that make them look like Gimps? I just watched a video where Metallica did motion capture for Guitar Hero Metallica and Hetfield had a whole bunch of these markers on him.
So I remain doubtful as to whether it will deliver on all areas.

Extremedesyr

Reaction score
eyetoy sucked, sorry that im so rude but theres just no other word for it. you could beat someone to death with eyetoy by blinking your eye....

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
first of all: go microsoft, second of all, the WII control system is completely diffrent.

Okay, so your logic: The Natal does in no way do any form of motion sensing, like the Wii does.

if u are telling me that microsoft is copying WII then ur just jeleaus you bought a wii instead of an awesome 360 with their awesome new idea,

I bought them both, and it's not a new idea, motion sensing has been around for atleast a decade now (See above, it doesn't matter what you thought of EyeToy, it was fun at the time).

but ur right... if families would start buying 360's like they did with Wii's then that'd make me sad,

They already do, move on.

nice if microsoft has an idea but I dont want those kiddo family-based games as on the nintendo Wii on the Xbox, no offense against Wii, but honestly I think that the Xbox should be for gamers and the Wii for families.

They both have family games and games that appeal to gamers.

oh and yes, sadly it indeed looks like microsoft is trying to reach families with those sweet adverts.. ur right, I like the idea, but FIXING A TIRE? Cheeeers... cant wait for the natal to come out, so that I can go fix tires...

Family Gamers in adverts really piss me off.

sqrage

Reaction score
If I start socializing with my TV screen...please put a gun to my face and pull the trigger.

I think the gaming aspects of this is pretty cool with the full body control. I agree that it's nothing like the Wii. It's pretty cool though, I thought this year would be the PS3's (which it still could if this fails) but it looks like it might be the 360's. I think the talking to NPCs is sad though... they went too far.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yey, another way to make yourself look like an idiot in your living room! :p
If it's anything as good as it claims it will be in the video, then Microsoft might be onto a winner.
But let's not forget that we had a (somewhat primitive today) version in the Eyetoy on PS2.

Full body motion capture? Forgive me for sounding a little sceptical, but don't all those people you see in games studios doing motion capture need full body suits that make them look like Gimps? I just watched a video where Metallica did motion capture for Guitar Hero Metallica and Hetfield had a whole bunch of these markers on him.
So I remain doubtful as to whether it will deliver on all areas.

No, watch preview videos. None of the people had suits on, they just had normal clothing.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
None of the people had suits on, they just had normal clothing.
If you are referring to the people in the Natal videos then yes I was already aware of that. But when I've seen mo-cap videos on various Guitar Hero games they all have suits and a load of sensors on them.

If they did have full motion capture, that would be sweet though.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
If you are referring to the people in the Natal videos then yes I was already aware of that. But when I've seen mo-cap videos on various Guitar Hero games they all have suits and a load of sensors on them.

They wore suits to look cooler, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

sqrage

Reaction score

Two different types of technologies.

The suit ones capture the motion at different points in the suit (usually near joints) and then corresponds them with the cgi model animations.

This Natal stuff uses a camera.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.