Advantages and disadvantages of races?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Actually, I prefer the Dreadlord. Sleep first, then the Aura, and then just combine until you get the Infernal spell. But that's just me. Also, I go more for the Meat Wagon/Necromancer strat, but that can go horribly wrong if a problem arises. Like, say...An anti-magic unit like the Spell Breaker, Spirit Walker, etc.

Alexander

U

unnamed

I play NE... and no orc beat me until now in 1v1.

NE vs Orc: Ne needs only tire2 to destroy orc. If u let the orc get tire 3 ur newb. U should finish the orc as soon as u get tire2. Iven if the orc got tire3, it takes a long time to get sharmans.

Ne vs Hum: i lose almost to all good human players, because i dont realy kow wat to use against it. Can u sugest wat to use?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Pardon me, but how are Orcs so easy to beat at Tier 2, with NE? I've fought NE tons of times and murdered them before I reached Tier 3. Hell, half the time neither of us even GET to Tier 2! So I'm a little curious how you manage to always win against an Orc player once you get Tier 2.

Alexander

-By the way-

As far as NE V Humans, try using Huntresses against their Footmen. Defend doesn't work against Huntresses, so they can probably tear them apart pretty fast. After that, grab a Mountain Giant or two, a few Bears, and some Archers, and hopefully you'll do a lot better...

BrokenX

Reaction score
Me and my friend 1917-, have are 16/4, he goes random and I go orc, I get grunts first, then shamans (game is only 6-7 mins in), and then I get taurons and by the time I get my first tauron there first base is already gone depends on how good they are, we do a little rush at the start with grunts and whatever he gets. Sometimes if they get air I will get wyrvins or however you spell it insted of taurons, depending on how much anti air they have.

BrokenX

S

Starcraftman

I think that it is not which race is the best, but what race u are the best at. I am the best at undead. I have one tip to tell you, death night first, then dreadlord. Death night is awsome in the begining because he has heal which is great for creeping, its also an awsome nuke (attack that does 300 instant damage agianst units) and great for taking out heros before they teleport. considering blademaster starts out with 750 health i would think that this was a sisable amount. You should build a graveyard first! then a crypt, then an alter of darkness, then a ziggerate. If u pull it off right the ziggurate will spawn just in time and u only have to build 2 gouls (wood) then the rest is fiends from there. *hint, gouls SUCK. Dreadlord is very good for lategame, this is why u want to summon him after Death night Dreadlords vampirice aura works magic with summoned skeletons and abominations. The perfect late game army for undead is level 7 deathnight level 6 dreadlord level 1 lich 12 necromancers 2 fully loaded meat wagons (load at graveyard) 8 crypt fiends (for entagling air) 2 abominations perfect distractions to heal w/ death night.

Micro- Rush Dreadlord out with meat wagons, when enemy come turn on summon at will and dreadlord will heal skelies with vampuric aura, enemy will see this and attack dreadlord, heal dreadlord when he gets down to red health heal with death night, wait, do again, and again until ur crypt fiends take them out. (use curse against enemy units, very usefull to slow running away heros to kill them) expanding isnt very critical in early game (unless u have way too much minerals and want to spend some on mine) because of creeping income. (u need 2 temples of the damned for unit production)

D

DarthTyranus

Ok, true story

I played a game with my friend. This was his second time playing but i had taught him every he needed to know, so he was better than most players. Anyway, he goes human, and i go orc. His brother also plays, but it takes his brother 30 minutes to get to teir 2. Anyway, him and his brother work together. We set the time limit to 2 hours. I start out, building, and grabbing gold mines (12 player map). My friend starts out building towers. Long story short, i had like 6 gold mines, and he had one. He had build over 250 towers gaurding his base!!! i got pillage and swarmed with grunts. His gold mine exhausted, but he still had ridicouly high defenses. I finally won at 1hour and 55 minutes. Dude, never underestimate a noob. Or maybe not so much a noob. :D

BrokenX

Reaction score
Conan do you remember that one time we played, and all you had left was your towers LOL, because my taurons / shamans owned you then I got owned some how? Because I ran out of gold lmao! I thought I had you for sure. By the way we are talking melee games?

BrokenX

D

DarthTyranus

yeah, i think so. Most unmelee maps would go to the trouble of unique races.

BrokenX

Reaction score
DarthTyranus said:
Ok, true story

I played a game with my friend. This was his second time playing but i had taught him every he needed to know, so he was better than most players. Anyway, he goes human, and i go orc. His brother also plays, but it takes his brother 30 minutes to get to teir 2. Anyway, him and his brother work together. We set the time limit to 2 hours. I start out, building, and grabbing gold mines (12 player map). My friend starts out building towers. Long story short, i had like 6 gold mines, and he had one. He had build over 250 towers gaurding his base!!! i got pillage and swarmed with grunts. His gold mine exhausted, but he still had ridicouly high defenses. I finally won at 1hour and 55 minutes. Dude, never underestimate a noob. Or maybe not so much a noob. :D

Sounds like he thougth it was a towerdefence? lmao.

BrokenX

U

unnamed

Is hard to explain that, orc vs Ne is kinda gay, Alexander. I can see from ur suggestion(NE vs Hum), that u dont really know how to play with NE, or Hum. No offense.
What race do u use Alexander? Im curious. :confused:

BrokenX

Reaction score
I know how to play undead, human, and orc, but I suck with NE lol I always get mixed up what to do with lumber cause NE sucks with lumber :/.

BrokenX

Cres

Reaction score
NE is fun to use, lore tech or warden archer rush is good I usually do one or the other, but then again, I dont play to much melee usually play some custom games if you look at my record i have like 30%? eh i lost so much as human and NE until i watched some replays lol
If you really want to get good, watch a few replays, and make an adaptable strategy and of course micro/marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnamed
NE vs Orc: NE owns
NE vs Hum: Ne owns
NE vs UD: UD owns ( use Dark Ranger if u r NE)
Orc vs UD: orc owns
Orc vs Hum: hum owns
Ud vs hum: almost the same.

NE vs Orc: NE can hardly deal with a juggy harass. Starting archers are crap and especially if they lose a couple wisps. NE doesn't stand a chance against a grunt rush either. NE only has a chance late game, and the dryads hardly counter bloodlust at all.

Ok i messed p the qoute but i dont care ^^ whats a juggy harass? and nothing owns by defualt, just player skill level

DM Cross

Reaction score
In all the times I've played an NE player as Orc, I've pretty much mowed over them with a night 1 rush. That's all it takes, a good 3 grunts to start with, and a Far Seer to summon a couple of extra units (wolves) and then you level and get your awesome chain lightning. What more can you ask for?!

Alexander

U

unnamed

U wana play an 1v1 Alexander?
To see how an good NE plays :D
And, grunts and and fs, are not that good. U can use wolfs, but i will use a wisp, and ur wolfs r gone... And, u can use one time lighting. After that u will not have any more mana. And 3 grunts r verry easy to kill.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Those grunts are a lot harder to kill then your fragile little archers.

As for those grunts, I don't mean only 3. I keep making more while attacking, so 3 turns to 5, 5 turns to 7, 7 turns to...Wait, it doesn't matter what it turns to, since you just lost. :p

Alexander

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Grunts are insanely powerful when fully upped. Hell, Tauren are godlike when fully upped. I had a Blademaster level 6 and a Far Seer level 7 and I raped an AI that had tons of Tauren and Shamans. Orc heroes are insanely pwoerful, and Undead Heroes can keep alive with an insane 2.5k life on a Crypt Lord.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Grunts are only good if you know how to upgrade them like me ;),

a) Upgrade to beserker strength, 100+hp and w/e else it comes with lmao
b) Get melee weapons upgrade in your warmill (Axe upgrade) I get this because in the end I usually get taurons and it makes a good combo for both taurons when you get them have about 35-40 damage, when you upgrade all the melee axe grade you get like 50 damage with taurons and like 28 with grunts, its very usefull.
c) I don't like the farseer I used to but now I use the Tauron Hero because of his enduranced aura, and shock wave is very effective if NE gets Dryads, because I take dryads down to half... with maxed out shock wave and it really helps and saves me.

B
r
o
k
e
n
X

DM Cross

Reaction score
That's basically what I do with my Grunts. I only have 3 because that's more or less the most you can have by the time the first night rolls around. But that doesn't mean I only take 3. I keep going. I also typically upgrade weapons first, since it's cheaper, and just alternate between trainning more Grunts, and getting more Burrows. Orcs can win simply with NUMBERS, and very powerful numbers at that.

Alexander

BrokenX

Reaction score
I can get shamans ummm in like 5-7 minutes so I am pretty good :p shamans / grunts pwn, basically meaning combining them, and shamans with taurons! DANG even more ownage, tauron hero gives his endurance auro plus shamans endurance jesus im on a role with speed attack.

B
r
o
k
e
n
X

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.