Advantages and disadvantages of races?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I always (ALWAYS) get Pillage before my first rush. In the case of NE, I usually wind up killing all their archers and their hero, so TOO THE HARVESTING OF THOSE TREE BUILDINGS, I SAY! :D And money to me! ;)

Alexander

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
hey, ive never really tried melee, whats a good stratagy to use? that doesnt invlove to much work from your hero?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Use the Tauren hero...He's pretty tanky so if you get Endurance Aura first, then well, you don't have to worry about spells/abilities, do ya? :D

Alexander

Bartuc08

Reaction score
well whats a good unit stragey for the orcs then?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Mass grunts...get pillage...Own :cool:

Alexander

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
i used to play ladder always and mapmaking after like 5 games in a row, i got my infernal icon (75 tournie wins), had 71% in tournie, 65% in ud with banshee(150 undead wins), and all race 25 win icons.

All races are balanced if you use them right.

Get these heros for the races you are against.

---
NE vs UD - Keeper of the grove
NE vs Orc - Keeper of the grove
NE vs Human - Warden
NE vs Night elf - Demon Hunter

Orc vs UD - Farseer or Tauren Chieftan
Orc vs Orc - Farseer or Shadow Hunter
Orc vs Human - Farseer
Orc vs Night elf - Farseer

UD vs UD - Dreadlord or Cryptlord or Lich King
UD vs Orc - Death Knight or Dreadlord
UD vs Human - Death Knight or Lich King
UD vs Night elf - Death Knight

Human vs UD - Archmage or Mountain King
Human vs Orc - Archmage
Human vs Human - Archmage or Mountain King
Human vs Night elf - Archmage

---

Effective Strats vs races

NE vs UD - Kotg harass with rally hunt on hero rush would take out the enemy if they don't have an ice tower.

UD vs All - Dreadlord ghoul rush dual crypt with 1-1 upgrades from graveyard.

Orc vs all except NE - Farseer harass with pots on him and scroll with rally on hero grunt.

Human - Archmage harass with rally on hero footman.

---

Teching Strats

Night elf

Do not tech vs an orc or human unless you constantly harass them with a keeper of the grove, tech to mountain giants and dryad for a great unit combination, or tech to chims vs anything but ud.

Human

Tech to casters and knights and rifleman, with a arcane tower as a must.

Undead

It is not a good idea to tech fast with undead because harases can really damage you. If you do tech get fast stats with fiends and lich king hero. Than get destroyers.

Orc

It is always a good idea to tech fast with orc because burrows provide a great defense if you can use them right and build them in the right place, teh to tauren and casters and if the enemy gets air either get raiders with ensare or trollbat riders

---

Start off Musts!!

Human - Always get a arcane tower behind some farms.

Night elf - Arrange your ancient of wars in a position so it can attack units if you get rushed.

Undead - Always get a ice tower to prevent getting harassed and rushed.

Orc - Arrange your burrows so it would be hard for units (even range) hard to attack them without the enemie units dieing.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
hmm so the easiest person to pick might be human, seeing as there hero (the archmage) is good on all races, and theyre strat doesnt change for races either

P

PwnThePanda

Im happy that i alrdy knew most of this stuff. Makes me feel smart.

U

unnamed

Y do u use only one hero?
Am is not good alone. Get an Mk with it.
The only hero that is good alone is Warden.( but i still dont like to use it alone :) )
My suggestion is not to useonly one hero.
If ur human, get 3 heros if u can.( AM, Mk Paladin)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I believe he was referring to what hero to get FIRST, Unnamed.

As for me, I always have at least 2 heroes, if the game LASTS long enough ;)

Far Seer
Shadow Hunter
Own :cool:

Alexander

M

Marksman

I do well with humans, I don't know, I just seem to do better with them then other races. Against night elves, I got footmans with Paladin, Defends owns the archers, and try to quickly advance to knights. Paladins aura and heal spell work wonders with footman rush, and resurrecting knights late game is amazing. Against orcs, I would get Archmage with a mixed group of rifles and foots. Move on to gryphons as orc is weak vs. air. Agiainst Undead, I like to get rifleman, and pair with an Archmage or Blood Elf (the flame caster guy). Rifles, then mortars to deal with those pesky undead towers. Against other humans, you have to see what they are getting. Start with foots, then go knights if they rifles and gryphons, or go to gryphons and mortars if they melee. As far as human spellcasters go, I usually get a few priests, sorceresses are reserved for when I want to get tricky with my hero.

But I don't play too much melee...

B

burnikulski

I absolutely agree with you Alexander.

I do FS first and then SH those 2 rocks!!!

IMHO, ORCs are strong in the first 2 levels, so if ur ORC might as well take advantage of this.

I almost always do a grunt rush together with FS, about 3-4 grunts plus the fer wolves. The first time the FS comes out, I go for ferral wolves and start to scout the enemy camp. I usually make the FS wait outside the premises of the enemy, i attack with just the wolves depending on the enemy race, i choose which unit to attack. For UD, kill the F***in acolytes, with HU kill the peasants in the woods, with NE kill an archer(if he has already, its non-sense to go for the wisps!), with ORC never tried this hehe :D. I believe its a little bit difficult because its mirror. This strat could at least divert your enemy while your teching and pumping grunts and later on headhunters and eventually demolishers. Remember to TECH in lumber mill. and also to get the SH next to heal the badly hurt units, or u can go HEX and go for the ENEMY HERO if he attacks (this is just a few seconds but it can definitely turn the tide). By pressing him inside his camp, he cant creep (this is usually effective only on 1v1 :D). Again, your skill on microing ur unit is what counts!

ORC rules!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.