Report Apple triggers 'religious' reaction in fans' brains, report says.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
(CNN) -- Next time Grandma asks why you're going to the mall on Sunday morning instead of church, tell her you're going to Apple Chapel.

For Apple fans, the brand triggers a reaction in the brain that's not unlike that of religious devotees, according to a BBC documentary series that cites neurological research.

The neuroscientists ran a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test on an Apple fanatic and discovered that images of the technology company's gadgets lit up the same parts of the brain as images of a deity do for religious people, the report says.

The first episode of the documentary shows Apple employees "whipped up into some sort of crazy, evangelical frenzy" at the recent opening of an Apple store in London.

Observers and Apple critics have long accused fans of the tech company of taking their infatuation to an extreme.

People have gone to great lengths to prove their love of Apple with tattoos, bumper stickers and home shrines to outmoded Mac computers. Apple's cult-like following was highlighted in a 2009 documentary called "Macheads."

Last edited by a moderator:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well they're just as close minded as highly religious people so it's no surprise. Wonder who funded this research though...

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
and that is why i don't own ANY apple product (not that i can think of anyway)

steve jobs does look like one creepy mofo though, i wouldnt be surprised if it was his intention the entire time.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
not really too surprised.. wondering how this impacts people depending on if/how religious they are (besides the "apple" religion)

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
and that is why i don't own ANY apple product (not that i can think of anyway)

steve jobs does look like one creepy mofo though, i wouldnt be surprised if it was his intention the entire time.
Steve Jobs has cancer.

Anyway i also don't own any apple product other than an ipod touch 3g which i don't use anymore because i use my droid. I don't like apple.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apple's not all that bad. They make good products (phones and iPods, at least), though completely overprices them.

Though some people do seem to essentially worship Apple, which I agree is quite creepy. I'm not surprised at this though.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Apple, your OS and MP3 provider, is a jealous OS and MP3 provider. Thou shalt not have no other Apple.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The Apple brand logo has more power than the Swastika these days...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.