Science Are attractive women more likely to get free things than plain-looking women?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Like many women, Caroline has long been suspicious that men are suckers for a pretty woman. So she decided to make her own social science experiment to find out if this is true (for her).

First, whilst very plain-looking, she asked for bus and taxi rides, a piece of cake and a drink – for free. She was rejected on every request but one. Then she got fully dressed up with make-up, heels and a revealing dress. This time, she gets everything she asked for – for free.

So what's happening here? I don't think it takes a scientist to explain the obvious, but if you notice, Caroline was asking men for gifts and when she had made herself up to be attractive, men gave her what she asked for.

This is in line with evolutionary theory, where men are more likely than women to present gifts to potential mates as signals of their social power, overall possession of (or access to) resources and their suitability as a mate. More attractive women (or in this case, a more attractively-dressed woman) are deemed to be more desirable mates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I have only one thing to say about this and it comes from experience: Duh!!!!!!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hardly a fair test anyway. If she acted like she was handing out blowjobs in the 'plain' tests, I'm sure she'd have faired better in terms of free gifts.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I have only one thing to say about this and it comes from experience: Duh!!!!!!

So you too find it easier to get free stuff when you dress up as a pretty woman?

on a real note though, this sort of is obvious

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.