Arrow key control help

Marsunpaisti

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with the galaxy editor a lot and trying to create an arrow key control system but for some reason the zergling which should move for some reason doesn't. Could anyone tell me what is done wrong there. The map is attached to the post. I would also aprecciate any kinds of advice on how to do the triggers better or more organized

Attachments

• Forfun.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 273

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Your movement loop should look more like this:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
        • Conditions
          • GameRunning == true
        • Actions
          • Variable - Set Movespeed = (0.9 * (Movespeed + (KeyPress[2] + KeyPress[3])))
          • Unit - Make Zergling [47.03, 13.78] face ((Facing of Zergling [47.03, 13.78]) + (6.0 * (KeyPress[0] + KeyPress[1]))) over 0.0 seconds
          • Unit - Move Zergling [47.03, 13.78] instantly to ((Position of Zergling [47.03, 13.78]) offset by Movespeed towards (Facing of Zergling [47.03, 13.78]]) degrees) (Blend)
          • Camera - Pan the camera for player 1 to (Position of Zergling [47.03, 13.78]]) over 0.0 seconds with Existing Velocity% initial velocity, 10% deceleration, and Do Not use smart panning
          • General - Wait 0.0 Game Time seconds
          • Animation - Play Walk animation for (Actor for Zergling [47.03, 13.78]) as Default, using Full Match, Non Looping options and Default Time blend time

The way you did it you were just moving the Zergling where it already is with no offset and making it face where it's already facing...

Also why don't you name your variables or triggers? That would help organization, don't you think? (Either that or that was some glitch with opening your map)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.