Spellpack Arthas' Spellpack

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Arthas' Spellpack
Version 1.3

I have no idea what it is, MUI MPI leakless etc etc etc, but I'll post it here and you guys can tell me what I need to change / improve etc.

All I know for sure, is that its GUI :D

I know there is 1 flaw in it that I'm aware of, the Arthas' Movement when he is standing still. I don't know how to fix that, but I'd appreciate any help I can get to fix it.

---->> All comments regarding improvements are welcome <<----

Some screenshots and codes and descriptions:

Arthas Movement Description Passive
Arthas' mere existance causes the ground he walk on to turn into ice, increasing his movementspeed when ever he is on ice.
Level 1 - 20% increased movementspeed.
Level 2 - 40% increased movementspeed.
Level 3 - 60% increased movementspeed.

Arthas Movement Code
Trigger:
  • ChangeTerrain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AMTempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Arthas))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in AMTempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set AMTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set CurrentGraphic[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (Level of Arthas&#039; Movement for (Picked unit))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • CurrentGraphic[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Greater than or equal to 1
              • CurrentGraphic[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] Equal to RequiredGraphic[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]
            • Then - Actions
              • Set RequiredGraphic[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (CurrentGraphic[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] + 1)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\FrostWyrmMissile\FrostWyrmMissile.mdl
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Arthas&#039; Movement ) Equal to True
              • (Terrain type at AMTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]) Not equal to Northrend - Ice
            • Then - Actions
              • Trigger - Run DestroyIce &lt;gen&gt; (ignoring conditions)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_AMTempGroup)

Trigger:
  • DestroyIce Initially off
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer udg_TerrainType
      • Custom script: local location CurrentSpot
      • Custom script: set CurrentSpot = udg_AMTempPoint[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit()))]
      • Set TerrainType = (Terrain type at AMTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))])
      • Environment - Change terrain type at AMTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] to Northrend - Ice using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
      • Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_AMTempPoint[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit()))] = CurrentSpot
      • Environment - Change terrain type at AMTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] to TerrainType using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_AMTempPoint[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetEnumUnit()))])
Arthas Movement Screenshot
1531nqa.jpg

------

Chilling Revenge Description Passive
Gives Arthas an aura, that has a 50% chance of chilling enemies that strike him.
Level 1 - 50% chance of slowing attacker movement & attack speed by 10%.
Level 2 - 50% chance of slowing attacker movement & attack speed by 20%.
Level 3 - 50% chance of slowing attacker movement & attack speed by 30%.

Chilling Revenge Code
Trigger:
  • Attacked
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) Equal to Arthas
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Chilling Revenge ) Equal to True
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 2) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set CRTempLocation = (Position of (Attacked unit))
          • Set CRTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))] = CRTempLocation
          • Set CRTempPoint2[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))] = (Position of (Attacking unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Attacked unit)) at CRTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))] facing CRTempPoint2[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacked unit)))]
          • Unit - Add DummyUnit - Slow to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of DummyUnit - Slow for (Last created unit) to (Level of Chilling Revenge for (Attacked unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CRTempPoint2[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetAttacker()))])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CRTempPoint[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetAttackedUnitBJ()))])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CRTempLocation)
        • Else - Actions
Chilling Revenge Screenshot
11ak7k4.jpg

------

Ice Lance Description
Arthas gathers the water in the surrounding air and freezes it, to form an Ice Lance to attack the target.
Level 1 - 125 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 2 - 175 damage, 2 seconds stun.
Level 3 - 225 damage, 3 seconds stun.

Ice Lance Code
Trigger:
  • GraphicAddition
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ice Lance
    • Actions
      • Set ILTempLocation = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set ILTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = ILTempLocation
      • Set DisPointA = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set DisPointB = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Set ILWaitTime = ((Distance between DisPointA and DisPointB) / 1500.00)
      • Trigger - Turn on Effects &lt;gen&gt;

Trigger:
  • Effects
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ILWait = (ILWait + 0.05)
        • If - Conditions
          • ILWait Greater than or equal to ILWaitTime
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ILTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ILTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ILTempPoint[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ILTempLocation)
          • Set ILWait = 0.00
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
Ice Lance Screenshot
so20lg.jpg

------

Frostmourns Soultheft Description (New)
Call forth the dark powers of Frostmourn, surrounding a target with skeletons from Frostmourns army, dealing 400 damage directly into the soul of the target.

Frostmourns Soultheft Code
Trigger:
  • SoulTheftCasted
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frostmourns Soultheft
    • Actions
      • Set tempSoultheftCaster[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (Casting unit)
      • Set tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on SoulTheftActive &lt;gen&gt;

Trigger:
  • SoulTheftActive Initially off
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set STWait = (STWait + 0.05)
        • If - Conditions
          • STWait Equal to 0.05
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Pause tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Animation - Change tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]&#039;s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
          • Set STTempLocation = (Position of tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit (Soul Theft) for (Owner of tempSoultheftCaster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) at STTempLocation facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_STTempLocation)
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set STDegress[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (STDegress[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 45.00)
              • Set STTempLocation = (Position of tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
              • Set STTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (STTempLocation offset by 120.00 towards STDegress[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at STTempLocation using Abilities\Spells\Other\Monsoon\MonsoonBoltTarget.mdl
              • Unit - Create 1 Frostmourne Soldier for (Owner of tempSoultheftCaster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) at STTempPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing (Position of tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))])
              • Set STTempUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
              • Animation - Play (Last created unit)&#039;s birth animation
              • Unit - Add a 1.30 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Trigger - Run SoulTheftAttackandEffects &lt;gen&gt; (ignoring conditions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • STDegress[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Greater than or equal to 360.00
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set STDegress[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 0.00
                • Else - Actions
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_STTempPoint[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))])
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_STTempLocation)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • STWait Equal to 3.55
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Change tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]&#039;s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
          • Unit - Unpause tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
          • Set STWait = 0.00
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • SoulTheftAttackandEffects Initially off
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit tempUnit
      • Custom script: local effect tempEffect
      • Custom script: set tempUnit = udg_STTempUnit[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))]
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of STTempUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Items\AIso\BIsvTarget.mdl
      • Set STSpecialEffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: set tempEffect = udg_STSpecialEffect[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))]
      • Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
      • Custom script: set udg_STTempUnit[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] = tempUnit
      • Custom script: set udg_STSpecialEffect[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] = tempEffect
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect( udg_STSpecialEffect[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
      • Unit - Unpause STTempUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Unit - Order STTempUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] to Attack Once tempSoultheftTarget[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
Frostmourns Soultheft Screenshot
168h4k5.jpg

This is my first try on a pack like this, tried to do it as well as I could, so take it easy on me okay? ;)

Edit; Added code and a non-ziped attachment on the request of 'kenny!'

Version 1.1:
  • Fixed Chilling Revenge to not display "idle" icon of dummy unit.
  • Added delay to Ice Lance so the graphics fit 100%.
Version 1.2:
  • Fixed text on Ice lance to correct information.
Version 1.3:
  • Changed text on Arthas' Move tsomething cooler.
  • Added ice animation to the feet of Arthas when he has the ability Arthas' Move.
  • Changed Frostmourns Army, to Frostmourns Soultheft. (New ability)

Attachments

• ArthasSpellpackV1.3.w3x
    60.9 KB · Views: 325

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
From the screenshots the skills look ok. However, how about you post a description of each skill as well as the code for each one, that way we can see if everything is ok in that department and we also have a better idea of what each spell does.

Also, maybe attach your map without using a zip file, its much easier to download for many people.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
-It seems like the effects of the ice lance happens before the projectile hits the target.
-An idle worker icon appears when Chilling Revenge occurs. (Probably a dummy unit. -Remove it's worker classification.)

Otherwise it seems fine. :thup:

lindenkron

Reaction score
-It seems like the effects of the ice lance happens before the projectile hits the target.

Ye, don't really know how to fix that. Some distance / projectile speed calculations? If you got any help within that area I'm all ears. Or maybe a link? :)

-An idle worker icon appears when Chilling Revenge occurs. (Probably a dummy unit. -Remove it's worker classification.)

Fixed in next version, thanks <3

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Ye, don't really know how to fix that. Some distance / projectile speed calculations? If you got any help within that area I'm all ears. Or maybe a link?

This might be what your looking for.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Descriptions ^^

Look on screenshot, the mouse is on the ability ;)

Version 1.1 being uploaded now :). Fixed Chilling Revenge, and added a timedelay on Ice Lance so the graphics fit 100%! :D

-Lindenkron

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mind describing the spells right in the thread?

When not at home it's not convenient to open World Editor. :)

lindenkron

Reaction score
Mind describing the spells right in the thread?

When not at home it's not convenient to open World Editor. :)

Not sure what you ment by description, so I just added what I've added now :)

Also v1.2 is up, fixed some text bug on icelance hehe.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I like the "Movement" spell
but is the ice path permanent or it removes after few seconds?
and you should add some frosty effects around his feet so it looks like he's actually creating the ice

and honestly, I really don't like the last spell... creating few skeletons can't be an ulti for a badassed Arthas...

mix the spell with the ice lance instead, so it raises skeletons around the targeted unit

for ulti be a little more creative ;)

lindenkron

Reaction score
and honestly, I really don't like the last spell... creating few skeletons can't be an ulti for a badassed Arthas...

mix the spell with the ice lance instead, so it raises skeletons around the targeted unit

for ulti be a little more creative ;)

Ye, the Ulti wasnt what I intended to make at all, but kind of needed for a whole spell package. Someone was asking for arthas spells here third post. That's the original ones hehe, you're right and I feel the same way bout it. Guess I could change it to something else :rolleyes: we'll see.

I like the "Movement" spell
but is the ice path permanent or it removes after few seconds?
and you should add some frosty effects around his feet so it looks like he's actually creating the ice

Thanks :D. yes, the ice is "melted" after 3 seconds, so its a trail he is leaving behind him. I'll look into the animation at his feet, thats not a bad idea at all <3 Thanks.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Updated to version 1.3.

Anyone care to give me some feedback on the new spell? :D
Thanks,
-Lindenkron

raq

Reaction score
Arthas Movement - the skill seems rather pointless, although its unique and the effect is cool. Maybe it should have a chance of freezing the opponent for few seconds is he steps on the trail?

Chilling Revenge - Good, but quite simple.

Ice Lance Description - Good and quite simple, I would rather see the enemy freeze than being stunned
though.

Frostmourns Soultheft Screenshot - I really liked it, I think it's my favorite.

I cannot comment on coding, because i am still learning, but overall seems like a nice Spell Pack.

+Rep. I might use some of them in my map ;)

Cheers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.