Attack acquisition range issue

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I set my melee summoned unit (not by trigger - in object editor) acquisition range to 20k. It's melee attack range is 50, it's locust unit. It does work, at some point. When target is visible in range, it does not attack by it's own, only when ally is attacked within this 20k range. Any clues how to fix this issue?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
is the unit owned by a player/computer or by neutral hostile?

keychup

Reaction score
1) target must be awake (you have to manuallly order an attack if the target is sleeping, which you cant do with unselectable locusts)
2) target must threaten the unit (which it cant because your unit is a locust, unless units you allow them to attack invulnerable)
3) target must threaten an ally (referred to as "call for help")
4) you must be within the target's acquisition range

GFreak45

Reaction score
thats for a unit owned by neutral hostile, units owned by a computer/player, just order them to attack the unit and give them vision of it...

Dirac

Reaction score
Through triggers. You both are missing the big idea:
Locust units wont attack anything unless they're ordered to or they're being spawned through the Locust Swarm ability.

GFreak45

Reaction score
you cant select them, but if its owned by a computer you can do it with actions..
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order X unit to attack/attack-move (with a little more on there for what/where)

GFreak45

Reaction score
u cant? you could use just set them to variables and order them individually

I set my melee summoned unit (not by trigger - in object editor) acquisition range to 20k. It's melee attack range is 50, it's locust unit. It does work, at some point. When target is visible in range, it does not attack by it's own, only when ally is attacked within this 20k range. Any clues how to fix this issue?

when the hero is created or at map init, make a normal unit at its position, and cause him to deal damage to it...

Dirac

Reaction score
you cannot pick locusts using "pick every unit" in the first place.
True, but what's the point of having an unit with locust around without being attached to a variable?
You can pick them using Units of Type but i don't know how would that be useful here.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Units are being summoned by a player controlled hero. You say I can't pick locust units, what about if they are summoned without locust and locust itself would be added using trigger? Would that work?

Dirac

Reaction score
Yes, i suppose the easiest way is just to summon them through triggers, it's not that hard

chukky-jr

Reaction score
and in case you wonder how to add Locust to unit through trigger

Trigger:
  • call UnitAddAbility('Aloc','YourUnit')

whereas 'Aloc' is rawcode for locust

i still don't get why his locust'ed unit doesn't auto-acquire target in range? i did something similar to him and it does work (locust'ed unit auto-acquire incoming enemies to his acquision range)

GFreak45

Reaction score
when you change it or make it enormous or tiny it glitches a lot, i ran into this when i set them to 1 range with 500 call for help in my rpg, i was making a threat system

FannyShaver

Reaction score
when you change it or make it enormous or tiny it glitches a lot, i ran into this when i set them to 1 range with 500 call for help in my rpg, i was making a threat system

Tiny in what sence? They are bit smaller in term of collision size, but please explain, it might actually fix my issue.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.