Battle.net - No Variety

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Yeah, we need to do something so where DotA will become less popular. I'm getting sick of just seeing DotA on B.net. That open souce DotA is become very tempting right now. And not just because I want to copy DotA. :p

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
No. The only way to get rid of it is to hack getdota.com. Very possible.

We need to mass ping it or hack it, while others host different games. Or host rigged dota games claiming they're the new versions. This consiracy is so large the only way to kill it is a multilocative strike in at least three differnet places; http://www.getdota.com/ , b.net , mass rigged hosting.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
What you can do is host and spread around other maps! I won't promote my own map here, whether you host it and spread it around should depend solely on if you like it. There are tons of quality maps though, such as Element TD.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
You know...we should REALLY do that. I doubt the DOTA site has much experience with this. Icefrog, who can't think of a single original concept, and his band of misfits don't stand a chance against the "We Hate DOTA" organization.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I'm not kidding. If one of us was to hack their domain and then delete the versions and keep doing that over and over until they give up....

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Though who could do that? I certainly can't. Though, we should make an anti-DotA orginisation. Not thats it's a bad idea, but DotA made battle.net players have bad moods, and ruins the dreams of Map Makers.

I know this is a little harsh, but if anyone is able to do something like hack getdota.com, I'm not gonna stop you ;)

But don't delete the maps, but put up crappy ripped-off ones.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
I would love to get rid of DotA. An attack on their website would be better along with the posting/hosting rigged versions of it. Though we should probably stop talking like this or this thread will be closed. lol

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Until then.....
I'm not gonna explain but I know some hacking basics. It's just a matter of hacking the directory password.
-edit-
Nvm, happened to stumble across a few cracking penalties.

Z

Zero R.

Ok, Everyone download a Macro usually used in Gaia Online to geteasy gold. Set it to refresh every 0.01 seconds on getdota.com

If we're useless enough, and we have enough people, we could take down the site for a few hours, enough to rig B.net with ther games for a while. Nextly, we would get the Open-source dota, and rig it.

Oh, and scramble the Suicide Bombers so they would realize we're serious.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Yes, suicide bombers would do best. Where does IceFrog live? Oh yeah, the house with the big "I stole it, and I dare you to try to get it back" sign.

This is officially ( I'm an official in my own mind :rolleyes: :p) the anti-DotA's home thread. And theres no flaming :D

So, if you have any special "skills" you can put to work here, feel free to do so :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
This is officially (I'm an official in my own mind :rolleyes:) the anti-DotA's home thread. And theres no flaming :D

NEVER declare anything official anti-anything unless you have the authority to do that.

An "official" anti-Dota thread would mean that TH.net as a site has taken an anti-dota outlook, and endorses anti-dota actions (such has hacked maps, opening dota, etc. etc.) and guess what: We don't.

This is NOT an official anything.

I will also tell you that in the past, all Anti-Dota thread and Pro-Dota threads have typically been closed. Right now, I don't see any reason to do that, but this is your warning: Don't give me a reason.

K

KeeperofKeys

Gettting back on topic, when do you guys usually play and what servers are you on? I for one see lots of things besides DOTA, and I have NEVER seen more than half the screen taken up by it. Sometimes you have to look a bit for the game that you want, but I find that as long as you keep an open mind about what to play you can find TONS of things besides DOTA. I'm on U.S. East (Azeroth) by the way, in case that makes a difference.

If you guys are so frustrated with DOTA there, maybe you should move. :p

Heh... I'm kidding... PUT THAT CLEAVER DOWN!!!

-Quote of the day: "I HATE you I HATE YOU! Call me!"
-a chemically distressed Banshee (Yes, it IS politically correct. Can you spot the real message here? ;))

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Alexander said:
NEVER declare anything official anti-anything unless you have the authority to do that.

An "official" anti-Dota thread would mean that TH.net as a site has taken an anti-dota outlook, and endorses anti-dota actions (such has hacked maps, opening dota, etc. etc.) and guess what: We don't.

This is NOT an official anything.

I will also tell you that in the past, all Anti-Dota thread and Pro-Dota threads have typically been closed. Right now, I don't see any reason to do that, but this is your warning: Don't give me a reason.

Makes sence.

And also, I would bold emoticons if I could. Apparently jokes aren't accecpted at TH. I take my leave.

Cordel

Reaction score
What Happened to good TD's? What happened to Micro Warz? What happened to Gay Space? I want my Friends.pud ..I want my Lost Temple..
DOTA softens my woody and makes me shoot up on hot chocolate.

K

KeeperofKeys

Cordel said:
DOTA softens my woody and makes me shoot up on hot chocolate.
Mind speaking in English?

Anyway, there ARE good TDs still out there. Element TD is a great one, and it gets hosted often. as for Micro Warz, that's much harder to find, but it's still out there. I don't see Gay Space much these days, but I don't count it as much of a loss. :p

Once again: how the heck are you guys seeing so much DOTA? Most of the time for me it's only about 1/4 of the games out there... only... 1/4... heh...well, that IS a point, but my point remains: good games can still be found, even with some regularity. So if you hate DOTA that much, come live on the East Coast. Just don't bring the obsession with you... :rolleyes:

-Quote of the day: "I HATE you I HATE YOU! Call me!"
-a chemically distressed Banshee

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
We're cursed, I say! Perhaps it's the times you're on. When are you on? I, for one, see much less DOTA during school/work hours...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i'm on east and see dota at least 1/2 of the screen. always.
i love dota though so it's a plus.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Kenito said:
You know...we should REALLY do that. I doubt the DOTA site has much experience with this. Icefrog, who can't think of a single original concept, and his band of misfits don't stand a chance against the "We Hate DOTA" organization.
i think he made some thing origenal he made the origenal name"icefrog"
dota cannot be brought down nomatter what
now because dota is way to seriruos they have a cal league
and tornements which people fly over the world for

so my point is that dota is really hard to brought down

K

KeeperofKeys

@ Kenito: I'm usually on at about 7:30-10:00 PM on weeknights, 7:30-11:00 PM Friday, 10:00-2:00 AM-PM and 7:30-11:00 PM Saturday, and 7:30-10:00 PM Sunday. These are all standard time for the East Coast, so if there are disparities, maybe that will help.

@ Everyone else:

All we NEED is a sense of perspective...

Look guys, listen to this: I am sure that the people who post on these forums can host/can make it so that they can host. That means that you can bypass DOTA altogether and simply go for what you want to play. Even if you CANT host for some reason, I think that there IS enough variety if you are not
too picky. Finally, ranting and raving against it may be a good way to blow off steam, but plotting to hack a site with malicious intent is NOT a good idea, even if you are just joking! What if someone hacks the DOTA site and you guys get blamed because of your "plotting"? Would you like to be on the wrong end of a lawsuit?

Rant all you want (in this forum anyway) for all I care. I just don't want to see thehelper.net tarred with the hacker brush or you guys have legal problems. Gaming doesn't need another fiasco...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.