Board Game Contest

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Maybe next time, you know i'm busy with my other map and I chose to become active here to late to have the time to make a working map for this contest.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Well I've been working on my HeroQuest map and it's coming along nicely. I figured I would give it a shot and if I didn't finish it in time then so be it.

I still have a fair amount of stuff to do, like spells, and terrain work, but the basic control code for the game is done (which in my opinion is one of the most complex things to do.

Screenshot1.JPG

Anachron

Reaction score
The submission must be made for this contest, no prior work will be accepted.
Woot, shit. I already started an "Don't Get Angry" minigame.
It was shitty GUI though.

My idea:
Creating a new game, where you have to move your character. On the board there are different fields to come on, where some may increase character strength, some not.

Different characters have different skills, for example one might give you a lot of big numbers to run, but is totally unlucky in chance situations.

The aim of the game will be to solve little riddles, where the items are spreed everywhere on the board and you'll have to go on one to see its information.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ehm, I don't really see whether you should try to make a map as precisly like the board game as you can, or if you can make a map with a lot of costum warcraft real-time experiences just with a fun base of a board game?

Like, for example, if you make a Monopoly game and adds warcraft unit combats on the streets you own, and maybe you have a lot of units moving around the board and you might have heroes with levels. Would that do any good?

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Who is willing to pair up with me???
I will tell you what board game i will be making
Message me if you want to pair up with me.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Ehm, I don't really see whether you should try to make a map as precisly like the board game as you can, or if you can make a map with a lot of costum warcraft real-time experiences just with a fun base of a board game?

Like, for example, if you make a Monopoly game and adds warcraft unit combats on the streets you own, and maybe you have a lot of units moving around the board and you might have heroes with levels. Would that do any good?

as far as i understood the rules its best to make an exact copy of the original board game in wcIII. however adding additional stuff (like a WC3 gameplay mode) will never be bad.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i started working on the map 2 days ago, i havent got much time. i dont know whether i will be able to finish within time but i still got hope.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Who wants updates???

backgammoningame02.png

Think of what I improved on.

That's right.

UGLY!

I made it look better. Sadly, it's lined up worse.

I just noticed you can see the Fraps numbers in the bottom left!

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Even though I am about 75% through my map, I have hit the point where I am too busy with other stuff to keep working on it. I knew this was going to be the case anyway.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why are you even using floating text or images at all when you have DisplayTextToForce (And the GUI version)?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The text in your picture, isn't it display text to a player, not floating text?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
The welcome message is with Game - Display Message, the 1-24 and the word "bar" is a floating text.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
hey guys! quick tally
How many of you still intend to add submissions?
Do you think you would require an extension on the deadline?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I won't be submitting my map.
I haven't had the time/motivation to work on it. :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.