Other -=Calling All Modelers, Pandaren Map!=-

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Well, I finaly learned Jass and vJass and im ready to use them in a real map. The game im going to work on is a game starring our favorite units, PANDAS! Each panda will be themed after a specific element type, similar to Pokemon. Each panda will then have quick cooldown spells based on that element type. Depending on the panda's element, different pandas spells will do more or less damage on that panda. Gameplay will either be some type of simple fight path, or something that assignes a specific player that your panda must hunt down, while avoiding the panda that was ordered to hunt you down. Anyway, what I will be needing is plenty of panda models. They must all be hero model files with portraits and under 250 kb and have a death animation. I need one for each of the following elements:

Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Grass
Storm
Energy
Mind
Light
Dark
Ice

Let me know if you can think of any other element types.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think you should cross the ones you already got from the list.
And you're going to use the blizzard pandas, right? Otherwise its a waste of space to use a custom model for storm, earth and fire.

stavious

Reaction score
And you're going to use the blizzard pandas, right? Otherwise its a waste of space to use a custom model for storm, earth and fire.

Not if he needs them to have a death animation like he says he does.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I liked the idea of the hunting game, and that good job for picking to make a Pandaren map :thup: .

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
fire - the fire panda model proveded by blizzard
storm - the storm panda model provided by blizzard
energy - storm model (with a few specal effect attachements like absorb mana on his hands)
light - panda brew master
earth - earth model
Dark - pandarian (units\creeps\FurbolgPanda\FurbolgPanda) only tinted black <a bit> with a few phenixe fire or blood lust attachments, it would look pretty sick

there, i just gave you a few models that blizz alredy made for pandas, (6 to be exact) i just saved you (if you plan on takeing my advice) 6*250kb that would be.... 1500 kb (roughly 1.5mb) worth of map space

as for the other elements, its not that hard with specal effects and tinting, those two can get you a long way.

btw, the models for the death animations arnt too big, i suggest you import those b/c thir exactly like blizzards only with a death animation

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
ive seen a map with full of panda heroes, and it seems nice, but the heroes are imbalanced

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ive seen a map with full of panda heroes, and it seems nice, but the heroes are imbalanced

Yeah i know one too. Try and check out Heroes of Pandaria. All panda heroes (the old version that is). And the model he uses is on public access

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Not if he needs them to have a death animation like he says he does.
Acually, Storm earth and fire all have 2 un used animations that are only in the model editor. Storm acually has 3, not just 2. They are called "Bla", Allthough they are acually death and dissipate (rise into the air after they die) animations. I think you can make them play them useing triggers.

If you wouldn't want to do that, Insane! submitted them with animations here.

Attachments

• Proof.jpg
    Proof.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 380

stavious

Reaction score
Acually, Storm earth and fire all have 2 un used animations that are only in the model editor. Storm acually has 3, not just 2. They are called "Bla", Allthough they are acually death and dissipate (rise into the air after they die) animations. I think you can make them play them useing triggers.

I didn't know that. This is very interesting. Daskunk, can you please expand on that? Here, or PM me about it. How exactly would you make this work? I really need the Storm Pandaren to have a death animation for my map too :) .

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Woah, were to begin...ok...

Alright, thanks for the tip on the blizz models, I think I can solve that problem then. As for using tinting colors, ect, I kinda wanted a high quality map. Using repeated tints and such is boring and ruines alot of the effect. A majority of the models on the hive would be a stretch to say that they were themed to each element. I am just fine with a 1500 kb filesize and if necissary, I would be more than willing to extend that to 2500 kb and allow larger models for the pandas.

*pant* *pant*

Ok, hope that answers everyones comments.

Btw, dont confuse me with stavious XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.