Castle Conquerors

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Flare eh. Everyone is welcomed to help. Let me finish the basic stuff first.
How about you help me come up with some ideas for the Bow Master hero (bloodelf hero ranger model) and Pyromancer (Bloodmage Model). I have no original idea for the Bow Master, although Trueshot Aura is a must here. A wide range shots ability with pushbacks would be nice. I have no idea how to make push-back effects :(. Also, post your email address or PM it to me so that i can send you the current version of the map.

Update:
Castles are cleaned up nicely now. A few heroes are done.

Knight Lord (Hero)
>Heroic Charge - increase hero's movement speed and gain x damage bonus with the next attack. The charge ends when you attack.
>Trample (War stomp)
>Command Aura
>Heavenly Warrior (need a better name here) - essentially Avatar minus the spell immunity but Splash attack is included.

Archmage (Jaina)
>Frost Wave (impale) - targets are frozen for a few seconds if hit.
>Summon Water Elemental (+_+ i got nothing better)
>Mana Shield
>Tornado (can damage both units and buildings)

General (pally)
>Holy Light
>Impenetrable Formation - gives allies bonus armor and life regen
>Bash
>Resurrection

Mercenary Units:
Samurai - melee unit with Critical Strike.
Ninja - stealth unit with Permanent Invisibility, Assasination (Shadow Strike), Evasion, and Blink.
Tigerian Blademaster (imported model)
>Cutting Wind (shockwave that's slightly weakened a bit)
>Mirror Image
>Endurance Aura
>Bladestorm

P.S: I'm working on more mercenary units now.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Also, post your email address or PM it to me so that i can send you the current version of the map.

I usually just post up the spells for public use, and the import instructions are (usually) fairly understandable so importing it into the map should be relatively easy. If it's a big issue, I can walk you through it or just do all the work myself :p

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I think that Flare would be more suited towards the hero and spell-type stuff. Are you sure you can't use a cinematic? Not even in the beginning? Right now, cinematics are my specialty. Even if you don't have room for a cinematic, maybe some terraining or basic triggering needs some work. I'd be happy to do that.

E-mail:

Nathan0093

Reaction score
The terrain will have to wait until the neutral buildings are done. Gotta save space and make creep camps + neutral buidlings. Damn I wanna keep working on this. If we all work on it at the same time then is it still possible to combine the works into one package?

Knight7770

Reaction score
We could all work on it at the same time and then you can chose which features are best; put them into one map (probably the best-terrained one); and then use that.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
@Flare:
If you can give me the basic instructions for custom spells I think I can do it myself :D. I gotta let you know that I don't know how to work with JASS and the likes, though.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I got it. What do you want me to do with it? Terrain (not my strong suit), triggering (my stronger suit), X?

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Check the custom heroes section in Object Editor. Can you work with the two incomplete heroes, Ranger and Pyromancer? I'll clean up the terrain in the meanwhile.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I'm not good with heroes, so don't ask me to do much with them. This game really needs a skipable opening cinematic that tells you what to do. I'll make that for you.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I'll post it, you CnP the triggers and cameras.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
How do i get the DISBTN icons to work? For example, when the pikeman isnt train-able the icon is complete green (error).

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, im finally back. Ok, to nathan's question, im not exactly sure what you mean but try this, on the upgrade, make sure the icon is for both "normal" AND "research". I think sometimes, if you get the object once, and then it is un..getable again until later, it goes green. But try what i said before.

Ok, here are some of the hero things you requested for:

Knight Lord - maybe his ult name could be "Grasp of Fear" because in does oldern days, lords and knights ruled a place by fear and terror, and peasants who had no chance of fighintg back obeyed because of that.

Archmage - maybe instead of Summon Water Elemental, Summon Fire Imp (or just elemental), or Arcane Elemental. Get something else besides water/ice because Archmage also focuses on slight holy skills, fire skills, and arcane skills.

General - maybe instead of ressurection for the name, it could be "Preist's Hand" or something with him, the "general" of many troops and "preists" at his disposal, priests something and calling a preist to res and then dissapear.

Ninja - seems rigged o_O is it a hero? if it isn't that is mighty strong!!!!!

Nathan0093

Reaction score
The ninja is a mercenary unit. He only has 400 HP and hes weak in fighting. You can only get one 'cause it takes quite damn long for another unit to be availabe again.
Damn if I change water elemental to something else it would be weird 'cause the archmage in my game focuses on ice/water.
The pyromancer (bloodmage model) will focus on fire instead.
About the general and his priest, i might be able to do that although it seems like extra work lol. For Knight Lord he's supposed to be a good hero not ruling people with fear and terror :D.
The Pandaren Brewmaster (unchanged) will also be available in the Eastern Guild.
I'm thinking about creating a Laboratory with units like Mud Golem that can slow down the enemy with his attack - orb of slow's effect), Steel Golem (Fortified armor unit), and heroes like the alchemist, tinker. These crazy guys run the lab, and you can get him as your hero unit, too.
I might also include amphibious creeps. What would be a good place to sell such units? (need a name here lol)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
hmmm... maybe <name> facility like Swamp Facility for swampish units or something... Facility might be too modern name... I'l think about that.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Ugh.. Lots of time were put into experimenting with Heroes' abilities, so not much progress has been made.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Well, this is basically a custom melee map with a few small changes. It's kind of like War of the Ents (by Halo_king116); except instead of Ents, they're medieval humans. It takes literally tons of time to make something like this successful. You need beta-testers, triggerers, terrainers, and more. I'd be happy to do any sort of triggering or beta testing if it comes up.
Anyway, my point is that you need to spend a lot of seemingly wasted time doing these sort of experiments.

Good luck :D

thewrongvine

Reaction score
lol, i dont have a lot of time to waste but id be happy to help with anything else besides wasting your life LOL. o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.