Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Yup, though I bet the incinerate bonus damage won't cause you to gain some HP from vampiric aura. Vampiric Aura is not an orb effect skill so best bet is that it won't cause conflict to incinerate.

innocenz.ii

Reaction score
Hey there everybody!
First thing i want to say: I today finished work and red this whole thread! nice comments everyone. except the ones concxerning HLWL saying: HOLY HLWL... well let me tell u its crap! (I hate it) :mad:
But first time i playing CHLW i liked it so much. i logged in bnet watched the game list and there: CHLW! i didnot knew it before played it the first time and i loved it!!!
And due to my right to HOST on bnet. i host it as often as possible on bnet on Northrend. i got everytime 4v4 fullhouse. on bounty off. (<-think most people dont like this)
so far.
The thing is CHLW let u do all that what u want and i like the spells very much. but there is one thing i really think it might be changed. If u use "venturous gamble" and there are some ranged units. u will instantly DIE. All creeps are set to 1hp but u to. nothing special. they are stunned and u can murder them? NO. the projectiles of the ranged creeps will hit u on 1hp and then u will die even with 100%armos, i tested it. THIS should be fixed. i ruined the whole spell.
Next. although in version 1.6a many bugs are fixed, the poisonwave-crash-down-bug didnt got removed. :nuts: why not? there are always some n00bs pickin it and then? no fun.... :banghead: the problem can be easy solved when this spell got removed or fixed. (i know this got posted weeks before, but nothing happen. Baka would u pls fix it?)
Then. Flash Flood is a spell its length is ingame named with "0 secs". i know this means the spell has inf length, but why is it stopped casting after a while? is it a game error and inf=46.345secs?

But my time s over i will post tomorrow again....
sry. (for short post and bad english) :p

P.S.: VERY Godlike game!

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback and support, I'm glad that you enjoy playing CHLW :)

As for the Poison Wave bug, it was fixed back in 1.42b. It works fine for me and as far as I can tell everyone else, since no one has reported it again until now..
Just make sure you're playing versions higher than 1.42b (but not v1.5) and it should be fine.
For Venturous Gamble, you can Stasis Trap, Stone Wall, War Stomp or any other kinda of disable before hand.
The duration for Flash Flood is something like 20 seconds base, and adds 2 seconds duration every level. It's 0 seconds in the tooltip because that's my error, I'll fix it for later.

innocenz.ii

Reaction score
Okay.
Last time itested thew poison wave was long ago :)
concerning Venturous Gamble: okay, possible, but quite diffycult to handle.
Well i just thought flash flood was very imba....

ok. Next things i forgot to mention, yesterday:
This ulti "Synergie" what effect does it have exactly? sry for this question, but noone i know used it and well there was ONE GUY but he was a n00b and soon after picking he got afk and after 10min he asked us what to do(!?). So i dont know its effect. i will test it NOW, but well. thx.
Are the bugs concerning randomskills fixed? wouldnt be nice to wake up with 2 skills and 2 ultis (and an empty slot) :D

Okay thats it for the moment. I would glorify u for ur map, but others did before me so i am just saying: keep up updating, ur map is worth it. i will continue testing and playing and anything i will found, i will post it here. (btw: just signed in bec of this thread)

Thanks for thank me. (hosting on Northrend as player "innocenz.ii")

Reaction score
Synergy gives a bonus to damage, armour, hp and mp regen depending on the number of heroes in range of the caster when it gets cast. Each level gives a base bonus to all the above stats, which is then multiplied by the number of heroes in range. The base bonus increases every level.
Basically its an ok skill if you're by yourself, but if you're close to your allies then its pretty over powered..

innocenz.ii

Reaction score
Hm, i just tested it and agree...
I got 500k extra dmg and 2k armor :D
Okay. the poison wave works, nothing more to say, sry.

But there is in every good game the lag problem and let me say even my friend with an ultimate pc got this problem.
U know how to reduce lag?
Would be very very nice.

innocenz.ii

Reaction score
I usally play on the upper team and although all teams spawn epaully, the spawnpoint of the down team is CROWDED(!), the creeps dont move and they spam my RAM....
so all members got laggs. This stack only happens in the downer lane.
The down team can spawn as normal and win, bec NO creep the upper team sapawn walks to the circle... this happens in all versions!

Its quite unamazing.

Reaction score
It just sounds like there are too many creep on the map.

What happens, especially end game, is that people just spam every creep, so the lane gets congested. When that happens, the War3 engine doesn't handle the mass movement very well, so the creep tend to "block" each other.

Because of this, if your lane is empty, the creep can freely walk to your circle, while the other team is most likely not killing fast enough, so it blocks up stopping the creep.

Just stop summoning and wait for it to clear, whether they kill it or shrine it. After that you should have plenty of income rounds saved up so you can just mass trees/wyverns/barges.

Basically, pick what you summon, don't just blindly spam everything. When I play I probably only use about half of the available creep each game, depending on what kind of heroes they have and how well they're doing. All the creep have abilities, mix and match combos, comboing weaker creep can often work out better than just spamming the strongest creep, and take off far more lives.

Munta

Reaction score
Passive shrine mode is making games rather interesting, no shrining to save your ass and no annoying team mates spamming it

P.S.
When you did the key remapping you mapped Serpent Ward onto R which clashes with Storm Surge

Reaction score
Do people waste dragon? Or do they still save it? What about stasis traps and monster lures? Are people learning to use them more? :p

Just some things I'm curious about haha.

Well when I remapped the hotkeys, i tried to minimise clashes by taking ones from popular letters and moving them over to other ones. It's not perfect, but it can't really be helped..
Before I changed it from 'w' to 'r', it would've clashed with wrath of he wild, nether world gate way and war stomp to name a few..

had24get

Reaction score
Speaking of too many

:eek: i won v 1.6a solo single player today....
What you need to do: forget what you were doing and store up around 50k lumber, play map with some freinds, everyone summons at the same time by accednet, the spawn becomes so clogged that they come out the bottom spawn and take the lifes...
:?O other then i failed what did this?
:) playing on Gameranger not bnet

innocenz.ii

Reaction score
So baka, i play like this (not exactly, but like it), but there is always, not always, but often there is someone who thinks his income will rock and he will spawn and spawn and spawn even EVERYBODY begins to lag.....

I cannot do anything about it even a: "STOP SPAWNING!" scream didnot help.

Wouldnt there be a possibility to have a max of endgamecreeps on the map? Something like: "You spawned to much endgamecreeps. You cant spawn more bfore the other team killed some." with an number of 500 Creep or anythingh like it? (Only for endgame or for all houses)
Hm....

To passive shrine: TRhink people waste dragon heart now more than before... they get feared and when 10-15 creep begin to reach the circle, they do not spawn an monsterlure, no they summon dragon heartb and waste him on 20 creeps. :(
But i think an "PROS" capture would do that :)

to had24get i dont even understood your idea very well: u save lumber up to 50k: (u and your mates), then u sommun very large masses. And then u summon somewhere else??? where?

Munta

Reaction score
@ Baka

I tend to only host 2v2 games these games, less lag from unit spam. So my point of view on the wasting of Dragon is a little bias, as I can easily carry and the game doesn't tend to get to the point where it is needed. The most I ever see the dragon get wasted or even used is hitting the wrong hot keys, say hitting 3 then V to summon and accidently selecting the spell vault and summoning him like that.

People still use stasis traps alot, I don't think I have personally ever used monster lure myself, I probably should but oh well.

Personally the name, "*Passive* Shrine mode" doesn't really suit the mode. As "Passive" would indicate to me that you can't be offensive, but you can still Tornado the enemy heroes and place healing wards for the units that are trying to kill them.

And I understand about the remapping, just it used to work so well with my caster build then it clashed after you changed it, but life goes on. :p

Reaction score
@had24get
Yeah.... I'll fix that.

@innocenz.ii
I don't really want to do something like that, I mean, how long are you gonna hang around for the other team to kill their creep while you're not doing anything?

@munta
But v is only for upgrading your shrine or summoning a tree :(
I usually only use monster lure when I'm dead. It lasts 20 seconds and with a well timed stasis trap gives you the 30 second respawn time.
Well any suggestions of a rename for "passive shrines"? I didn't know what else to call it :p
If you'd like I could post up the current hotkey map and you could suggest any changes you'd like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.