Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

maydayp

Reaction score
so i use (in the order i get them):
vamp. aura
wrath of the wild
quick snipe
thorns aura
acid bomb (ultimate, the first one in the second ultimate building)

for the items i get
mana pots
plate of the whale
dragon lance
the helm*
the dagar*
the cloak**
(*mentioned in above snap shot by sunder; **item sold above the dragon lance.)
I know my stuff is mana heavy (thus the pots), but it works quite well for me, i just can't stand against the endgame (z) & (c) monsters (short cuts) unless ui get to use wrathr stun. any ideas on improving my build/items?

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
so i use (in the order i get them):
vamp. aura
wrath of the wild
quick snipe
thorns aura
acid bomb (ultimate, the first one in the second ultimate building)

for the items i get
mana pots
plate of the whale
dragon lance
the helm*
the dagar*
the cloak**
(*mentioned in above snap shot by sunder; **item sold above the dragon lance.)
I know my stuff is mana heavy (thus the pots), but it works quite well for me, i just can't stand against the endgame (z) & (c) monsters (short cuts) unless ui get to use wrathr stun. any ideas on improving my build/items?
vamp. aura
quick snipe

why?... one is a MELEE aura, one is a RANGED skill... that's something u can improve, "think" some

maydayp

Reaction score
well I do use a melee hero (intelligence), so the vamp aura does work, and the quick snipe help kill creeps, really quickly (besides the fact that it also kills the other team's summons). it also really go if I'm low on health and surrounded by creeps to run and kill them with it (since it recharges quicker then the other two) especially in the beginning when my vamp aura's low. it also is a good thing to use against the bombard things(z) & the (c) things in the endgame tier 'cause quick snipe will kill them (or at lease seriously hurt) before they get to me- increasing the likelihood that I survive.
------------------------------------------------------------
from my brother (who's way better them me)
ok so reading through these i have noticed you are all dying to end game creeps which i don't really understand i mean really the only thing that should be able to kill you is the barges and reallizing that you should be able to kill them to but for all of you that think trees are hard try out gamble as it kills basicly every thing and you don't really need it tell the trees thus allowing you to up-grade your other skills making them stronger aswell.

the build i use is as follows
thorns aura(kills melee attackers)
wrath of wild (stops all in there tracks)
bash(filler basiclly stun and extra damage)
tyhoon (does the killing for you)
gamble (KILLS TREES AND EVERYTHING ELSE)

this build does not need health pots and uses about 5 small mana pots

-doc

Reaction score
Hey, so I found out about this map some days ago, and I literally "fell in love" with it, the idea is very original and entertaining, thing is, I NEVER, EVER see people hosting it!

I mean, there are like 10 DOTA games on the list and no CHLW, I get like 1 CHLW each two days, wich Realm do you play on?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I play on Lordaeron and I get a game every half hour, or so.

Jacen Handa

Reaction score
Hello, First I'd like to thank all the people who made this awesome map, I jump in in every time I see it hosted, I even try to host it myself(but I'm a noob so i haven't exactly figured out how to host=/). But aside from the thanks i was wondering if there was an older version or a sandbox version of this map that I could look at in the world editor thingy? I Have an idea for a game type a little like this one but i don't know how triggers work and I was wondering if i could look at the ones on this map? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Avarax

Reaction score
Awesome 10/10

Awesome map, good job Baka-Ranger. I play it alot with my friends (over LAN)
and all of us love it. So much fun, and gameplay is different each time because you can try out new builds and tactics. The only thing you should do, is rebalance some skills (Black Arrow and Carrion Beetle summon somewhere already mentioned, the summons die too fast. Make them atleast a little bit better, they're pretty good at the beginning, but maybe thats what you intended ;D). Besides that I don't really have any complaints, except that the "Tree of Death" is unkillable (but that was probably intended too, so that games don't go on forever). The only thing you can still do to make it more interesting, is to add more skills.

Bug: "Quick Snipe" kills the other teams summons. (Maybe this was mentioned somewhere already)

But besides that, awesome map 10/10.
Keep up the good work, and don't get encouraged by some people's stupid/unhelpful comments.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Love this map. I have to say i perfer multishot ranged over cleave, but its a very good map. But I noticed you said "that crappy Hero Line Wars Lithion" And thats a very nice map, CLHW and HLWL both are good maps. Though I don't perfer one over the other, they are both good. Good job, and good luck. I would love to see this continued.

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
Hey, so I found out about this map some days ago, and I literally "fell in love" with it, the idea is very original and entertaining, thing is, I NEVER, EVER see people hosting it!

I mean, there are like 10 DOTA games on the list and no CHLW, I get like 1 CHLW each two days, wich Realm do you play on?

You can host one...
People will join.

Steven

Reaction score
New ideas

I have a new idea for a skill and an item. Skill- summons a random hero with spells/damage/health/armor/etc. specific to the hero. Item, I believe that there needs to be an item that gives critical strike. it won't stack with skills of course but i feel the need for a recipe item that gives crit.

eggrolls

Reaction score
I found a good build, early on you might be relying on your lane partner, but later on you can tank the trees and kill them effectively.

I choose Marine for the ROF, but any DPS ranged should work:

Skills:

Trueshot Aura
Critical Strike
The armor aura -> Debilitation or something?
Bash/Beetles -> Really up to you, if you're doing a fullhouse, 4 vs 4 I usually take Bash (it gives a nice damage boost early on and marines lack base damage), if it's a small game and you think you're team is gonna get raped quick, beetles.

Usually for ulti I get Avatar, I rarely opt for Multishot because Avatar is very useful for the bonus damage/hp/immunities.

Items:

First thing is to get a pack mule, staying in the lane is very important for this build because most of the skills don't really become effective until the later levels. Grab some pots when you need them. As soon as you can, grab a Killmaim.

Next, we're going to work on Nightfire because of the instant-kills. It works great with Marine because of his already high ROF. Later on with the lifesteal+avatar you can pretty much tank trees forever/kill them as well. Grab the bow and the orbs, get Bows first for the damage.

Next, make the Immortals Helm because EVERYONE gets one :p And the regen+stats is nice too.

Now work on getting that executioners blade (that lifesteal giving thing).

Now, you should be nearing the end-game creeps, at this level you should be at around the tier 3 creeps. If the game is going by really fast, as in people are getting crazy income and summoning harder creeps fast, get that hood thing that gives 70% resistance to ranged attacks. Get the godly plate of the whale first if the game is accelerating slowly. If it's going really fast, get hood first. Make sure to grab both, they're great items :p

Finish dragon lance last, because it gives somewhat mediocre stats and it won't help as much as some of the other items.

So basically aim for this (in order):

Nightfire
Immortals Helm -> Quick note if you are doing bad you can get this before Nightfire.
Executioners Blade
Godly Plate Of Whale
Hood that gives 70% resistance lol
Dragon Lance

With all these Marine is pretty much a machine gun, the lifesteal+damage lets you tank the trees and Nightfire lets you effectively kill them instantly.

Have fun!

Reaction score
If you're interested in participating in a CHLW 2v2 tournament, send an email with you and your partners bnet name to crazzzy(dot)duck(at)gmail(dot)com

Most likely going to be run on US west, other than that, details a scarce.
I'm not the organiser of this, but if you have any questions shoot an email to the address above or post here, and I'll try to get more details from the man himself.

Cheers,
Baka

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
I got a fatal error. I don't remember what version but it was during the skill-buying process. I don't know if you fixed this; I haven't read the 44 pages of comments.

Reaction score
If you were playing v1.5, it was most likely because someone picked Poison Wave.

v1.5 is a faked version off of v1.4, which contains a bug that was introduced by one of the recent War3 patches. Play the latest version (v1.43c), where this bug has been addressed, if you were hosting, else not much else can be done...

roXplosive

Reaction score
It's really impossible to make people not pick poison wave and crash the game 3 games out of 4 . As for strategies it really depends because some of them are viable . I found out some good tips :

For 1.41 pick marine and Orb of Anihilation . Buy mana potions
For melee hero pick concentration aura . When people start to pwn your noob allies you can go in and tank everything that moves .
If you play a high difficulty game like Impossible go ahead and pick up an invincible summon (typhoon) or else you're toast

Builds I have taken a liking into :

Melee : Typhoon , Concentration , Cleave , Debilitation Aura , Flying Fortress or Avatar
Ranged (bounce) : Typhoon , Debilitation Aura , Devotion Aura , Some other skill , Flying Fortress or Mirror Image
Caster damage : Storm Surge , Typhoon , the "banish" skill , Degeneration Aura , Flash Flood
Caster Summon : Typhoon , Lullaby , Dream Eater , Devotion or Degeneration Aura , Flying Fortress or Defensive Aura Minion or Gold Rush

This map is tops . Since I deleted my Warcraft3 a few months ago I don't have any of the maps and don't know of a reliable site to get them again .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.