Damage

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
:thdown:

DDS == Damage Detect System
DDS != Increase Damage System

get it? :)

DDS is just to you detect when an unit deals damage, not to increase the damage bonus dealt by attacks, if you want something like this, you'll need a SS (Status System) or AS (Attribute System) :thup:

Like I said, if he wants TRIGGERED damage, he can easily use a DDS system.

Trigger:
  • Events
    • GDD event becomes equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cause GDDDamage_Source to damage (GDDDamaged_Unit) dealing GDD_Damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

That's a trigger where the unit just dealt double damage using a GDD system. Get it? :)

If he wants the unit's basic attacks to increase permanently, then using a simple unit attack ability would be the easiest option.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cause GDDDamage_Source to damage (GDDDamaged_Unit) dealing GDD_Damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

That's a trigger where the unit just dealt double damage using a GDD system. Get it? :)

If he wants the unit's basic attacks to increase permanently, then using a simple unit attack ability would be the easiest option.

This won't really work. This will register any damage dealt, for example, spells. Unless you use Buff Placers, this won't work. Plus, if you deal damage this way, note that your extra damage won't benefit from Lifesteal, Critical Strike, etc.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

before say anything, read what he said...

he don't want to DEALS DAMAGE... he want to INCREASE DAMAGE of an unit -.-'

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
USE MY WAY!

lol.

my way is also approved by glenphyr.

But I don't see why he can't use J4L's Status system. It's very efficient. I think the creator of this thread is satisfied with J4L's Status, so let's just leave it at that.

mapguy

Reaction score
i didn't read the entyre thread.
now I see the system.

yeah.

but I alway prefer using the way I undertand
I don't like to use external programs, systems and other JASS stuff.

jhnam95

Reaction score
I personally use binary system since I don't know any JASS or anything, or something like orb of corruption that can add damage and have levels.

mapguy

Reaction score
THAT'S FUCKING <3

ha

just joking...

she/he is just a nice person. and helped me a lot when I asked for help.

Karst

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would need to use a status system to just increase attack damage. Claws of Attack work perfectly well, they can be leveled, the level can be changed at will with triggers, they can be added and removed to any unit with no problem. Plus, they're invisible! If that's all you want to do there is no reason not to use claws of attack.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would need to use a status system to just increase attack damage. Claws of Attack work perfectly well, they can be leveled, the level can be changed at will with triggers, they can be added and removed to any unit with no problem. Plus, they're invisible! If that's all you want to do there is no reason not to use claws of attack.

Yes, but it's troublesome. Imagine you need a cap of 10000 attack damage. Making 10000 levels of the ability is crazy. But there is an easy way of course, which you can find it in the earlier posts. Plus, some abilities such as "Item - Life Bonus" is "bugged". Thus, using a Status system greatly simplifies things. That's what a system is supposed to do. Efficiency.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Use Status. Its the best option. Why do people avoid using systems MADE FOR THIS.

Jinxx

Reaction score
Yes, but it's troublesome. Imagine you need a cap of 10000 attack damage. Making 10000 levels of the ability is crazy.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but why would you need a cap of 10k attack damage? If you use claws as a leveled ability, each level should give a static bonus to damage. Something like:

"These uber pimpish claws give your hero extra damage, allowing him/her to murder hippies, beat up mimes, and molest old people without even breaking a sweat!"

Level 1: +10 damage.
Level 2: +20 damage.
Level 3: +30 damage.
Level 4: +40 damage.
Level 5: +50 damage.

Isn't this the simplest way to do it? :confused:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but why would you need a cap of 10k attack damage? If you use claws as a leveled ability, each level should give a static bonus to damage. Something like:

Isn't this the simplest way to do it? :confused:

I've established a way to go up to 99999 damage with the usage of 5 different "Item -Damage Bonus" ability with 10 levels each. Read the earlier post. 99999 damage might be needed for some people. And you'd need a accurate source of damage bonus if you need, lets say for example, 231 damage bonus for 1 instance, then 238 damage for another instance. So your method is flawed in terms of accuracy.

Jinxx

Reaction score
I've established a way to go up to 99999 damage with the usage of 5 different "Item -Damage Bonus" ability with 10 levels each. Read the earlier post. 99999 damage might be needed for some people. And you'd need a accurate source of damage bonus if you need, lets say for example, 231 damage bonus for 1 instance, then 238 damage for another instance. So your method is flawed in terms of accuracy.

Uh... my bad, sorry... I misread the post, thought he was exclusively talking about hero abilities... :eek:

Sonic

Reaction score
yes I can do it, but what about increasing damage, for example 0.5 of you movement speed. So if my MS is 500 then the damage must be 250 damage. It means that I need a lot of levels

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
yes I can do it, but what about increasing damage, for example 0.5 of you movement speed. So if my MS is 500 then the damage must be 250 damage. It means that I need a lot of levels

This can be easily achieved. it only takes 5 different "Item - Damage Bonus" with 10 levels each to achieve up to 99999 damage. Here's the way to do it.

Create 5 ability, all based on "Item - Damage Bonus". Change it to a unit ability. Set it to have 10 levels. Now, set all the level intervals with interval of ones, starting from 0. Here's an example.

Level 1: 0
Level 2: 1
Level 3: 2
...and so on.

For the next ability, set all the levels with intervals of tens, starting from zero yet again. Here's an example.

Level 2: 10
Level 3: 20
...and so on.

Repeat this until you reach your 5th ability, which should look something like this:

Level 2: 10000
Level 3: 20000
...and so on.

Now comes the triggering part. It's quite simple actually. Here are the variables that you need.

Variables
DMGAbility - Ability Array with size of 5
TempReal - Real
TempDivider - Integer
TempInt - Integer
TempUnit - Unit

Now, in map initialization, set your DMGAbility variables to the damage bonus spells. The highest interval (0, 10000, 20000, ...) should be set as DMGAbility[1], while the lowest damage interval (0, 1, 2, ...) at DMGAbility[5].

Trigger:
  • Initialize
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set DMGAbility[1] = Damage Bonus (10000&#039;s)
      • Set DMGAbility[2] = Damage Bonus (1000&#039;s)
      • Set DMGAbility[3] = Damage Bonus (100&#039;s)
      • Set DMGAbility[4] = Damage Bonus (10&#039;s)
      • Set DMGAbility[5] = Damage Bonus (1&#039;s)

And now, we have to add these abilities when the hero learns the certain spell.

Trigger:
  • Learned
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to MyAbility
      • (Level of MyAbility for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add DMGAbility[IntegerA] to (Triggering unit)

When you add these abilities, it should provide 0 bonus damage as they are set to level 1 by default. That's the purpose of having damage bonus of 0 at every level 1. Now here's the damage adding part.

Trigger:
  • Damage Bonus
    • Events
      • &lt;Your Event&gt;
    • Conditions
      • &lt;Your Conditions&gt;
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnit = (Triggering unit) &lt;-- Depends on what your event is
      • Set TempReal = 500.00 &lt;-- Your damage bonus amount
      • Set TempDivider = 10000
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempInt = ((Integer(TempReal)) / TempDivider)
          • Unit - Set level of DMGAbility[(Integer A)] for TempUnit to (TempInt + 1)
          • Set TempReal = (TempReal - (Real((TempInt x TempDivider))))
          • Set TempDivider = (TempDivider / 10)

And taadaa, you get the exact bonus damage as stated in "Set TempReal" part (except the decimals of course). The damage bonus cap is up to 99999 in this case.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.