Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
no its a history/debate class, and i got my teacher hovering over me while im setting up this pole for my group, lol they were like ohhhhhh yea, a online poll for us, i was like what ever.... but my group whent n told the whole $%^& class WE GOT A ONLINE POLE -_- so now if thiers one curse word it'll find its way to the teacher and then, this info i gather here becomes invaild and useless. so if you did curse, please PLEASE edit. thanks :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
-fool- said:
lol are you in 4th grade or something?

Are you kidding me?

You ever had a teacher who allows swearing in a paper/whatever?

I'm a senior, and I haven't seen that yet.

-fool- said:
The government should not be killing people.

Bull.

People shouldn't be killing people. End of story.

You don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
9th, but my teacher wants al lthe information "clean" -_- i personly dont give a &%*& in you curse, but i would like to be able to use this as a info source.

@ fool- the gov'nment should not be killing people? but you do relize that governmental assasins are real. but thats another thread ^_^. so your con for the ol' zaper chair. so am i, i say throw them in a plexi glass box for the rest of thier lives. much, much more effective. :cool:

DM Cross

Reaction score
MasterOfABCs said:
@ fool- the gov'nment should not be killing people? but you do relize that governmental assasins are real. but thats another thread ^_^. so your con for the ol' zaper chair. so am i, i say throw them in a plexi glass box for the rest of thier lives. much, much more effective. :cool:

Not true.

You're now paying tax dollars to feed and cloth these men and women who would rip your internal organs out and use them for jump rope if they got half a chance.

These people are slime. You pay back what you take. Fair, simple, and it gets the job done. Now, they're paying it back instead of tax-payers, which would probably even help the poverty situation.

I should run America :cool:

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Not true.

You're now paying tax dollars to feed and cloth these men and women who would rip your internal organs out and use them for jump rope if they got half a chance.

Only the really messed up ones.

I know, it was an exaggeration.

As for your other point, what about drug dealing? What would the punishment be there?

Also, you and the Mikado of Japan should get together sometime.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
no no alex you miss my point entirly, i said put them in a plexi glass for the REST of their life, i never said i was gonna feed em, or keep em airconditioned, the REST of thier lfie would be one agonizing week or so!

*cough* umm i mean DP is a horrible thing! why would you kill a man! :p

Sargon

Reaction score
Week? There's not enough air in a plexiglass box to last a week.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Only the really messed up ones.

I know, it was an exaggeration.

*Drools as this one passes him by*

As for your other point, what about drug dealing? What would the punishment be there?

Inject them with their own drugs. Overdose them. See how they like it, the so-and-so's.

Also, you and the Mikado of Japan should get together sometime.

Alexander kicks too much butt for Japanese, or any other nationality other then Alexanderian, a population of moi :cool:

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
now alex, if the man that kileld some one gets executed technically deosnt the man that executed him, need to be executed and on and on and on according to you?

DM Cross

Reaction score
No.

Man kills someone.

Man is killed.

Balance.

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Alexander kicks too much butt for Japanese, or any other nationality other then Alexanderian, a population of moi :cool:

You completely missed the Gilbert and Sullivan reference in there.

"My object all sublime,
I shall achieve in time,
Is to let the punishment fit the crime
The punishment fit the crime!
And make each prisoner pent
Unwillingly represent
A source of innocent merriment
Of innocent merriment."

The refrain of the Mikado's song from the comic opera The Mikado. (really, more of an operetta, since there's dialogue, but whatever)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I had no idea who it was to begin with, so I didn't really care :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
The man took a life.

He gave his life. It wasn't taken. He put his life in jeopardy the second the other person's life was ended at his hands.

I don't believe that "vengence creates more vengence" bull. You kill someone, you should die to balance it out. The person that kills you didn't take your eye. He gave an eye back to the world.

F

-fool-

Alexander said:
Not true.

These people are slime. You pay back what you take. Fair, simple, and it gets the job done. Now, they're paying it back instead of tax-payers, which would probably even help the poverty situation.

I should run America :cool:

People usually stay on death row for an avg of 20 years+. So most people in jail for life probably (GUESSING) die at around 60. Its jail. The food is bad. Theres fights. Your life expectancy is a LOT lower than outside, which is 75. Now to get the death penalty you need to be 18+. Most people are probably 18-40 who get the death penalty. That means when they executed they 40-60. They are kept alive for a LONG time, almost a life sentence with no parole in some cases. You really ARE NOT wasting a crapload of extra money keeping these people alive on a life sentence without parole vs. death row.

Now i dont beleive the government should kill people. Its just wrong to be killed by the government. Plain and simple. They can lock you up until you die. Id rather that than see the government be complete hypocrites and realize they are killing people. Killing really is never the solution. Forceable action is a solution. Killing is the same as fighting to solve your problems in school. Only the dumb kids do it who dont know how to talk things out or get over problems. (i got in a couple fights before. pretty dumb. i won both times but still it didnt accomplish anything).

-and yea i think swearing isnt a problem for school. In freshman year of highschool 9th grade, i turned in a paper with fword in it (cathcer in the rye quotes). teacher didnt care. my english class now i wrote an entire story on the best time when i was high. other kids write about drinking and problems with screwing too many old guys they dont know... and read them outloud in class. these teachers seem to be mature enough to realize we arent in fourth grade, and treat us like that.

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I don't believe that "vengence creates more vengence" bull.

A lot of people do, apparently. Blood feuds, for instance.

DM Cross

Reaction score
People usually stay on death row for an avg of 20 years+. So most people in jail for life probably (GUESSING) die at around 60. Its jail. The food is bad. Theres fights. Your life expectancy is a LOT lower than outside, which is 75. Now to get the death penalty you need to be 18+. Most people are probably 18-40 who get the death penalty. That means when they executed they 40-60. They are kept alive for a LONG time, almost a life sentence with no parole in some cases. You really ARE NOT wasting a crapload of extra money keeping these people alive on a life sentence without parole vs. death row.

You're talking about the cost of one person.

A lot of people actually do spend quite some time in jail, despite the fact that they've done the worst of crimes.

Now i dont beleive the government should kill people. Its just wrong to be killed by the government. Plain and simple. They can lock you up until you die. Id rather that than see the government be complete hypocrites and realize they are killing people. Killing really is never the solution. Forceable action is a solution. Killing is the same as fighting to solve your problems in school. Only the dumb kids do it who dont know how to talk things out or get over problems. (i got in a couple fights before. pretty dumb. i won both times but still it didnt accomplish anything).

Yeah, go talk things out with Charles Manson.

-and yea i think swearing isnt a problem for school. In freshman year of highschool 9th grade, i turned in a paper with fword in it (cathcer in the rye quotes). teacher didnt care. my english class now i wrote an entire story on the best time when i was high. other kids write about drinking and problems with screwing too many old guys they dont know... and read them outloud in class. these teachers seem to be mature enough to realize we arent in fourth grade, and treat us like that.

Chances are, that's a much more scholarly source then some teenagers and video game addicts debating on a forum.

There-in-lies the difference.

Sargon

Reaction score
-fool- said:

Sounds like my English teachers. However, they don't really like it if you swear in your paper. Though if you're quoting a book, it doesn't matter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.